Which Bike Do You Wish You Still Had?

Tango

I wish I still had my Speed Triple, but there was no way that I could get it registered here, so I had to sell it. TBH it probably wouldn't have liked the hot weather and would likely have got me into trouble with the gendarmes!

Have any of you parted with a bike for any reason that you wished you hadn't?

FB_IMG_1561316221527.jpg.c60cc6f2b15f44d8a89eb995606b2eb8.jpg

• Like 1

I wish I hadn't sold my R1150GS because it was a great bike!

FILE1454.JPG.a90c7e97b3a59a047889d2e3ec1a26f7.JPG

And I wish I'd kept my Kawasaki 500 H1......mainly because it would be worth a mint today.

k5002.jpg.fbeca5a4d0062405f92afb29937eb7d7.jpg

As for the others.......no! They just served a purpose at the time. Bit like ex-girlfriends really!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Wish I'd have kept the super 10. Big heavy thing but like riding an arm chair, and you could get it through some quick corners when needed.IMG_0346.thumb.JPG.223a69394f782e75e07fda4eb7c3938f.JPG

The Tracer not a good fit Dave?

Some days I wish I hadn't sold this bike. I owned it for 17 years and put about 7500 miles on it. It was the worst streetbike I've ever owned but when the time was right it was awesome. I sold it and kept my 851, some days I think I sold the wrong bike. 

IMG_2297.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

Some days I wish I hadn't sold this bike. I owned it for 17 years and put about 7500 miles on it. It was the worst streetbike I've ever owned but when the time was right it was awesome. I sold it and kept my 851, some days I think I sold the wrong bike. 

IMG_2297.JPG

My bro in law had a 996, couldn't ride it for longer than an hour and got off like a cripple, he loved it though.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was never one for chopping and changing bikes, a few, a very few I only kept for a year or two - mostly because buying it turned out to be a mistake.

But, there was one that I regretted selling and even today, 27 years later, I still miss. Sadly it was destroyed by its buyer, which just makes my regret a little more poignant.

I bought one of these in 1988, one of the very last Meriden Triumphs. A 1982 Triumph T140TSS and for me it was the bees knees. Sold it in 1994 because I wanted one of the first Hinckley machines, which was a bike I really liked. But, it wasn't the same.

My dad used to make money on the side by refinishing Triumphs and he did his magic with mine and so it was completely solid and never leaked. I never had a single problem with it. not once.

It looked almost exactly like this.

T140TSS.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

I was never one for chopping and changing bikes, a few, a very few I only kept for a year or two - mostly because buying it turned out to be a mistake.

But, there was one that I regretted selling and even today, 27 years later, I still miss. Sadly it was destroyed by its buyer, which just makes my regret a little more poignant.

I bought one of these in 1988, one of the very last Meriden Triumphs. A 1982 Triumph T140TSS and for me it was the bees knees. Sold it in 1994 because I wanted one of the first Hinckley machines, which was a bike I really liked. But, it wasn't the same.

My dad used to make money on the side by refinishing Triumphs and he did his magic with mine and so it was completely solid and never leaked. I never had a single problem with it. not once.

It looked almost exactly like this.

T140TSS.jpg

At least it was a proper bike and not a massive gay scooter

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

At least it was a proper bike and not a massive gay scooter

But that massive gay scooter goes all over Europe and puts most of us here to shame considering the riding that we do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But that massive gay scooter goes all over Europe and puts most of us here to shame considering the riding that we do.

Still a massive gay scooter where ever he goes on it 

He’s doing that looking in the mirror bit again . But if he wants to be immature and use “Gay” as some kind of insult or slur then that’s just fine. I’m really quite secure in my sexuality. Whereas the types that go on and on about it, usually are not.  In psychology these behaviours are pathological, so deserving only of pity.

either that or he's just another sad troll. (with a van)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

either that or he's just another sad troll. (with a van)

I don't understand what makes your AT a massive gay scooter? Is it the DCT?

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I don't understand what makes your AT a massive gay scooter? Is it the DCT?

Who knows how his mind works. I don't exactly make a secret of it and even, rather mockingly call it a scooter myself. It isn't - because most scooters don't have a traditional gear box. I guess its more that I ride my bike rather than transport it in a van for a photo opportunity.  The levels of insecurity are really quite amazing. You might have noticed, his tendency to simply copy what is said about him and then repeat it back. That speaks volumes.

• Haha 2

From what I've seen on reviews, the DCT seems to be highly regarded.

I'm not sure if it would be right for me because I use the gears a lot for dropping speed going into bends.......but if it suits others that's fine.

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm not sure if it would be right for me because I use the gears a lot for dropping speed going into bends.......but if it suits others that's fine.

Oddly enough so do I, it has 'up' and 'down' buttons on the left handlebar - ideally placed for the thumb and index finger. push a button and it drops (or ups) a gear. click. I like it mostly because its impossible to stall on highly technical mountain roads. which is very handy indeed. Gear changes are so incredibly smooth.. almost unnoticeable. No lurching back and forth which is great for a pillion. no chance at all of helmet tapping. And all this means that the clutches and chain have a very easy life. The switches are marked + and - in the photos. These instead of a gear lever.

2D1C9368-D18D-49BE-96D0-3746A6C0EF25.jpeg

928F78D7-51AB-4CFB-9948-E7D16C42643D.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Who knows how his mind works. I don't exactly make a secret of it and even, rather mockingly call it a scooter myself. It isn't - because most scooters don't have a traditional gear box. I guess its more that I ride my bike rather than transport it in a van for a photo opportunity.  The levels of insecurity are really quite amazing. You might have noticed, his tendency to simply copy what is said about him and then repeat it back. That speaks volumes.

would of thought you'd of got the hang of a geared bike by now at your age.... at least you nearly got a  sense of  humor on here .... nearly .

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

why dont you just go get your shoe shine box and give his boots a polish .....

Just now, Six30 said:

would of thought you'd of got the hang of a geared bike by now at your age.... at least you nearly got a  sense of  humor on here .... nearly .

I do, I have owned geared bikes since 1980.  I wanted something a bit different.

Anyway, you are a bore. so off to the ignore list you go.  (though I'm betting he will not be able to ignore me and any posts I make.)

did I mention he was predictable?

24 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Oddly enough so do I, it has 'up' and 'down' buttons on the left handlebar - ideally placed for the thumb and index finger. push a button and it drops (or ups) a gear. click. I like it mostly because its impossible to stall on highly technical mountain roads. which is very handy indeed. Gear changes are so incredibly smooth.. almost unnoticeable. No lurching back and forth which is great for a pillion. no chance at all of helmet tapping. And all this means that the clutches and chain have a very easy life. The switches are marked + and - in the photos. These instead of a gear lever.

king-of-the-hill-koth.gif

26 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Funny enough, like most cars' auto boxes with the same up (forward) and down (back) buttons, it seems opposite of what is intuitive to me. On race cars it's pull back for up and push forward for down.

Just now, Motobiker said:

I do, I have owned geared bikes since 1980.  I wanted something a bit different.

Anyway, you are a bore. so off to the ignore list you go.  (though I'm betting he will not be able to ignore me and any posts I make.)

did I mention he was predictable?

well done you .. now off you fuck then

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

why dont you just go get your shoe shine box and give his boots a polish .....

All I'm saying is the the DCT machines have good reviews........but it wouldn't be something that I'd necessarily go for.

What his boots have got to do with it I've no idea!