Which Bike Do You Wish You Still Had?

Tango

Just now, XTreme said:

All I'm saying is the the DCT machines have good reviews........but it wouldn't be something that I'd necessarily go for.

What his boots have got to do with it I've no idea!

who invited the fucking idiot on here , he was a boring up his own arse cunt on the other forum

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Oddly enough so do I, it has 'up' and 'down' buttons on the left handlebar - ideally placed for the thumb and index finger. push a button and it drops (or ups) a gear. click. I like it mostly because its impossible to stall on highly technical mountain roads. which is very handy indeed. Gear changes are so incredibly smooth.. almost unnoticeable. No lurching back and forth which is great for a pillion. no chance at all of helmet tapping. And all this means that the clutches and chain have a very easy life. The switches are marked + and - in the photos. These instead of a gear lever.

2D1C9368-D18D-49BE-96D0-3746A6C0EF25.jpeg

928F78D7-51AB-4CFB-9948-E7D16C42643D.jpeg

So can you go down through multiple gears then.......and how many are there?

Just now, Six30 said:

who invited the fucking idiot on here , he was a boring up his own arse cunt on the other forum

People don't need an invite to sign up here......it's not a private members club.

And I doubt very much that the link is a secret now anyway.

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

so what is the point of getting a massive scooter then scrolling through gears by pressing switches .... the twat obviously cant get the hang of a clutch

Just now, XTreme said:

yes, though it will not allow a gear change if the engine is either too slow or too fast.  occasions when a gear change would be silly. same on bends, if the bike is cranked over it will not allow a  gear change, either by accident or on purpose as that would/could be dangerous, if not just plain daft. It has 6 gears and 2 clutches. one for evens and one for odds. when its in an even gear the other clutch is ready for an instant change. its very clever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You went for SM's rather than Enduros?

had off road bikes when i was younger , not for a while now .... yeh like supermotos especially twins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

so what is the point of getting a massive scooter then scrolling through gears by pressing switches .... the twat obviously cant get the hang of a clutch

They do that in MotoGP I'm sure......so it must be more efficient surely?

You use the switches because the bike cannot see whats coming, it doesn't have eyes. 

did I mention he was dumb? as well as a bore.

stop quoting him because then I get to read his inane comments.

7 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

You use the switches because the bike cannot see whats coming, it doesn't have eyes. 

did I mention he was dumb? as well as a bore.

stop quoting him because then I get to read his inane comments.

i cant put this cunt on ignore .... its priceless... apparently our bikes with gears  { proper bikes ] have eyes

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You can put anybody on ignore except me!

i know that... meant i wouldn't want to ignore him , cause his attempts at humor and insults amuse me

Just now, XTreme said:

Developments from racing have always trickled down to road bikes.......that's why they've advanced.

he just cant get on with a clutch , stop brown nosing round the pompous twat.

I thought I was clueless about mechanical shit.......but you got me beat hands down.

Why don't you watch these riders try this system out.......and hear what they've got to say.

Things like this is what I base my opinion on......but I'd need to try it myself to make an informed judgement.

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I thought I was clueless about mechanical shit.......but you got me beat hands down.

Why don't you watch these riders try this system out.......and hear what they've got to say.

Things like this is what I base my opinion on......but I'd need to try it myself to make an informed judgement.

not the slightest bit interested

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

yes, though it will not allow a gear change if the engine is either too slow or too fast.  occasions when a gear change would be silly. same on bends, if the bike is cranked over it will not allow a  gear change, either by accident or on purpose as that would/could be dangerous, if not just plain daft. It has 6 gears and 2 clutches. one for evens and one for odds. when its in an even gear the other clutch is ready for an instant change. its very clever. 

its not clever it's  gay