Help Identifying Bike

Parker

Hello, I was hoping someone here could help me identify the bike in this picture. I really like the look of it and want to learn more about it. Thanks!

014.jpg

• Like 1

The engine is a Honda.  Found a photo from the same shoot.

The photo was very likely taken in Wyoming, as that is where the plane in the background is registered, its a Cessna 150H made in 1967 if you're interested.

So... the Bike is a heavily modified Honda. and its probable that the only thing that is original is the engine and possibly the frame, but... who knows. They do tend to butcher bikes and either cannibalise others, or have parts made bespoke. Just look at those handlebars!!!

So @Parker This bike is a one of a kind and has been built for a customer and then used in a photoshoot. Im betting America has plenty of bespoke builders, who could produce something very similar for you either with a donor bike you supply, or maybe there are the kinds of operations who produce bikes like this to sell from their workshop. Giving old bikes.. or parts of bikes a new lease of life.

See my follow up post below.

2c16d33a1c51911c44caa4c800fd5ec2.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 08.02.26.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

The engine is a Honda.  Found a photo from the same shoot.

The photo was very likely taken in Texas, as that is where the plane in the background is registered, its a Cessna 150H made in 1967 if you're interested.

So... the Bike is a heavily modified Honda. and its probable that the only thing that is original is the engine and possibly the frame, but... who knows. They do tend to butcher bikes and either cannibalise others, or have parts made bespoke. Just look at those handlebars!!!

2c16d33a1c51911c44caa4c800fd5ec2.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 08.02.26.png

Good find.

Think Ive tracked down the Donor...  the engine looks identical.. or very similar indeed to the Honda CB360 which was produced from 1974 to 1976.  The second photo shows a rebuild made by  Slipstream Creations, based in St. Louis, Missouri.  https://slipstreamcreations.com A little less radical as they seem to have kept the engine, frame and tank as well as possibly the forks and wheels.honda-cb360-2.jpg

Honda-CB360-Brat-Tracker-2-768x466.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

Think Ive tracked down the Donor...  the engine looks identical.. or very similar indeed to the Honda CB360 which was produced from 1974 to 1976.  The second photo shows a rebuild made by  Slipstream Creations, based in St. Louis, Missouri.  https://slipstreamcreations.com A little less radical as they seem to have kept the engine, frame and tank as well as possibly the forks and wheels.honda-cb360-2.jpg

Bloody hell Tony.......that's some detective work!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Are you really Liam Neeson?

Liam Neeson GIF

• Haha 2

Thank you very much everyone for the help. That was remarkable.

And I love the look of that Slipstream Creations bike. I think I know what I'll be getting into next.

And again, thank you very much.

• Like 2

Just now, Parker said:

Thank you very much everyone for the help. That was remarkable.

And I love the look of that Slipstream Creations bike. I think I know what I'll be getting into next.

And again, thank you very much.

Stick around....tell us a bit about yourself!

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

It's top box weekend I see!

time facepalm GIF

At least you can (video help is available if needed) remove your top box quickly.

The one on the scoot Is a 15 minute job to remove.😕

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Clive said:

At least you can (video help is available if needed) remove your top box quickly.

The one on the scoot Is a 15 minute job to remove.😕

Remember the performance getting them on and off the old racks before the plates got designed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Remember the performance getting them on and off the old racks before the plates got designed?

Do I ever....😂

Had one fitted to the rack on the Suzuki......after one attempt to remove it, it stayed off, bought a rucksack instead.

On 08/08/2021 at 10:35, XTreme said:

Bloody hell Tony.......that's some detective work!

It was made simpler by finding a better photo that showed the engine was a Honda. that was easy using google image search. You upload a photo and google finds similar.  Finding the actual bike then became much easier as, fortunately that bike has a very distinctive engine, with the plate at the engines rear with its 3 cut-slots. And so it didn't take long at all,, probably a couple of minutes for a match to turn up. Seems that particular model is extremely popular for this kind of treatment.. there are hundreds of them. A lot of  them seem to have had the 'scrambler' look/treatment, which is very trendy these days. with all or most of the big brands producing one, or more.

I quite liked this one. produced by Brickhouse Builds in Missouri.Honda-CB360-Scrambler-3-750x463.jpg.db60e4cde600ced1893cb3d34b9dcfce.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, boboneleg said:

This is what you want boys/girls,  look at this quality build and boy what a bargain price 🥺

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114925154898?hash=item1ac212b252:g:M4MAAOSwOhNhDkIi

I can say from experience that rear brake reservoir won't work i had the reservoir off the XR on mine and when the pads got low the brake stopped working from lack of fluid there's far less in that bit of pipe

image.png.a37d946683342c334c11d5c492e863f5.png

• Like 1

On 08/08/2021 at 07:42, Buckster said:

It’s a small capacity Kawasaki, probably a 125 or 250, custom front brake, hidden battery, chopped frame. 

what a twat..

dagiphy.gif

• Haha 2