First big bike

gymwitch

39 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Never really took off here while every campsite we used to visit in Europe would have loads of NTVs and Transalps.

I would have no doubt on taking one on any kind of big trip, one of the most solid engines ever, and although it isn’t strong on power I do think it is very nice to ride.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I would have no doubt on taking one on any kind of big trip, one of the most solid engines ever, and although it isn’t strong on power I do think it is very nice to ride.

Probably the most dependable bike ever built!

As confirmed by XT Alan/Suzuki Al!

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2021 at 14:50, Pedro said:

I've had four Transalps, 2 x 600's and  2 x 650's.  Great bikes :littleguy:

On 16/07/2021 at 15:54, XTreme said:

Probably the most dependable bike ever built!

As confirmed by XT Alan/Suzuki Al!

144000km on my 600 transalp by the time i sold it. never let me down in 17 years and and only ever had wear parts changed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I've had four Transalps, 2 x 600's and  2 x 650's.  Great bikes :littleguy:

I think the T700 is going to be the next transalp everyone seems to have them now as they seem to be good at everything. The TRF big bike ride i was looking at earlier had 9 bikes on it, 4 were T700's and when i was coming back from north wales a week or so ago i counted 17 of them going in the opposite direction all covered in dirt.  Although now i think of it they might have been from the yamaha off road experience it was up that way

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think the T700 is going to be the next transalp everyone seems to have them now as they seem to be good at everything. The TRF big bike ride i was looking at earlier had 9 bikes on it, 4 were T700's and when i was coming back from north wales a week or so ago i counted 17 of them going in the opposite direction all covered in dirt.  Although now i think of it they might have been from the yamaha off road experience it was up that way

Yeh.......I like the look of them!

On 18/07/2021 at 20:38, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just as we getting close to our campsite last friday we encountered over 10 Africa Twins at various stages along the road, all dirty and all of them staring at both of us on T700's .

I think they were from Dave Thorpe's place...................  https://www.davethorpehonda.com/adventure-centre/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Just as we getting close to our campsite last friday we encountered over 10 Africa Twins at various stages along the road, all dirty and all of them staring at both of us on T700's .

I think they were from Dave Thorpe's place...................  https://www.davethorpehonda.com/adventure-centre/

He used to be in Merthyr i was wondering where he went

• Like 1