Hardcore ….

Six30

On 12/07/2021 at 11:26, boboneleg said:

3970CFF6-BD41-4305-8033-0CB33FB5170C.thumb.jpeg.5134ec9a824297e69c54318b326295cc.jpegThis is the van I drive in work, absolutely lovely drive 👍

Sorry Bob We have 3 transit customs in work and they are shit compared to the transporters, we have 3 of them, 2 of them went in for new injectors at 16000 miles when we said we have another shall we bring it down they said ford know its an issue but wont do anything about it until you break down. another fault was the wiper motor packed in and we had another where it wouldn't start, lights on but when you turned the key nothing checked all the fuses and nothing battery is in the most ridiculous place to get at so i thought fuck it and called recovery. They took it away and found a blown fuse in with the battery easy enough you'd think but no had to plug it into a diagnostic tool to reset everything before it would start. I've probably put more than half a million miles on various transporters over the years and i cant think of any that let me down. The only thing the transits we got have the advantage is their mid tops so you can stand up in them and are good to work out of.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry Bob We have 3 transit customs in work and they are shit compared to the transporters, we have 3 of them, 2 of them went in for new injectors at 16000 miles when we said we have another shall we bring it down they said ford know its an issue but wont do anything about it until you break down. another fault was the wiper motor packed in and we had another where it wouldn't start, lights on but when you turned the key nothing checked all the fuses and nothing battery is in the most ridiculous place to get at so i thought fuck it and called recovery. They took it away and found a blown fuse in with the battery easy enough you'd think but no had to plug it into a diagnostic tool to reset everything before it would start. I've probably put more than half a million miles on various transporters over the years and i cant think of any that let me down. The only thing the transits we got have the advantage is their mid tops so you can stand up in them and are good to work out of.

I was originally looking at a VW T6 , make silly money compared to transit not as nice inside , although they will hold their money better , Injector problem on transits was a bad batch of injectors , those that  have  em should be on a re call list  …. I’m happy with it at the moment .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've heard lots of horror stories about them Fred.  My boss bought this one in lockdown and even specced it with an auto box (for me), it's done 17,000 miles in the first year with absolutely no problems.

What year are your work vans ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Very nice!

But I always said that Six wasn't a completely useless cunt didn't I?

What you say @Clive?

Photos!.😵.....Ride report!😵......you getting him trained well.

You have told him that there is no MOD gig in the offering here?.        😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

There is a herd?.flock? Of these bastids near Eyam....the bastids spit!..👿

You in the Peak District Clive ?

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

I was originally looking at a VW T6 , make silly money compared to transit not as nice inside , although they will hold their money better , Injector problem on transits was a bad batch of injectors , those that  have  em should be on a re call list  …. I’m happy with it at the moment .

I got to be honest if i was going to buy a van it would be a transit with a medium roof just for the standing room mainly because VW don't do anything like it

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

About a 20 min drive/ride from here......I hope to be up that way at the weekend.

Have a ride to Matlock tomorrow I’ll buy you a coffee 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I've heard lots of horror stories about them Fred.  My boss bought this one in lockdown and even specced it with an auto box (for me), it's done 17,000 miles in the first year with absolutely no problems.

What year are your work vans ?

They are all about 3 years old. My transporter is also a 2017 and has the 7 speed duel clutch transmission its a dream to drive, I've put 75000 miles on it so far. He usually changes them at 100000 miles i'm praying for another auto i don't think i could go back to manual now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Have a ride to Matlock tomorrow I’ll buy you a coffee 

I would have done👍.....but I am at the hospital tomorrow at 11am till god know what time.😕

You have another good ride tomorrow 🏍️👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

@Six30 watch out for the speed cameras in and around Matlock and area.

Got to watch out for em every where Clive , might go over snake pass in the morning , not decided yet .

• Like 2