Which Motorcycle Manufacturer is Best?

Admin

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You don’t expect cheap n cheerful to be good do you but the Himalayan is a surprise in all sorts of marvellous ways!

Bit of an eye opener that was!

• Like 1

I must say that when I saw the engine oil from my recent 10,000klm service I was pleasantly surprised. Spoke to the mechanic and he reckons that RE engines are very well built. Some of the other parts of the bike may be a bit shonky but hey, it’s a cheap bike.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I must say that when I saw the engine oil from my recent 10,000klm service I was pleasantly surprised. Spoke to the mechanic and he reckons that RE engines are very well built. Some of the other parts of the bike may be a bit shonky but hey, it’s a cheap bike.

Yeah if you saw the battering the Himmy’s we rode on one trip got you’d be amazed they kept going, we all were! I think one of their saving graces (which also makes them weighty) is that a lot of the parts  are steel, no snappy aluminium so a lot of it simply bends back. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I must say that when I saw the engine oil from my recent 10,000klm service I was pleasantly surprised. 

You leave the oil in for 10K kms Ray? 

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You leave the oil in for 10K kms Ray? 

Yes mate, when I took it in for its initial 1,000 klm service the mechanic checked the oil and said it was fine and didn’t need changing. Good lad!

15 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Yes mate, when I took it in for its initial 1,000 klm service the mechanic checked the oil and said it was fine and didn’t need changing. Good lad!

But that's breaking-in oil.....it needs to be drained!

3K kms max for mine at all other times!

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

But that's breaking-in oil.....it needs to be drained!

3K kms max for mine at all other times!

Sorry I’ve misled you thinking about it. The initial service was at 750klms and the oil was changed. At the 5k service it was fine and stayed in until I had it serviced at 11k.

I should’ve paid more attention when I was at school. ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Sorry I’ve misled you thinking about it. The initial service was at 750klms and the oil was changed. At the 5k service it was fine and stayed in until I had it serviced at 11k.

Don’t apologise to the ginger twat.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I wouldn't leave oil in that long Ray!

44 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Neither would I if I owned a Chinky Beemer but my Indian Boneshaker is fine. It’s used to being abused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Take 1 or 2 thousand km off your recommended oil change regimen to make you happy, but the engine is fine enough with that. Good quality is good enough, you and me aren't hard on engines.

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Take 1 or 2 thousand km off your recommended oil change regimen to make you happy, but the engine is fine enough with that. Good quality is good enough, you and me aren't hard on engines.

Oil is cheaper than metal Pedro so I'll stick with my 3K kms interval......which normally works out twice a year!

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Oil is cheaper than metal Pedro so I'll stick with my 3K kms interval......which normally works out twice a year!

It will be fucked in two years anyway with all that Chinese shite breaking off in there.

9 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It will be fucked in two years anyway with all that Chinese shite breaking off in there.

What parts are actually Chinese then Ian?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

No.....the engine is Austrian (Rotax). Exactly the same as it's always been.

The design rights to the Rotax 654 were bought out by Loncin a few years ago, If your bike is a 2009 or 2010 then most of the engine internals will have been shipped to China from Austria for assembly but after 2010 the whole engine was made in China. As the rights are owned by Loncin they can badge the motor as Rotax. Loncin also manufacture other engines under the guise of Rotax China which are sold for light aircraft that Rotax Austria does not serve.