Which Motorcycle Manufacturer is Best?

Admin

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I think the prob with the Chinese is the shit that hanging around the building workshop as much as quality of manufacture.

A good dollop of rice and noodles prevents piston slap.

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

The design rights to the Rotax 654 were bought out by Loncin a few years ago, If your bike is a 2009 or 2010 then most of the engine internals will have been shipped to China from Austria for assembly but after 2010 the whole engine was made in China. As the rights are owned by Loncin they can badge the motor as Rotax. Loncin also manufacture other engines under the guise of Rotax China which are sold for light aircraft that Rotax Austria does not serve.

Where's the source for that?

Because everything I've ever seen is BMW bought the rights to it not Loncin......they just assembled it, and now they assemble the engines for the 700/800 series.

The new G650GS is essentially the 2007 single-cylinder F650GS brought back into production with some minor modifications and with the engine assembled by Loncin in China instead of Rotax in Austria, but still using parts manufactured by Rotax in Europe.[2][10][11] The finished engines are shipped back to BMW in Germany where the bikes are assembled. G650GS models with the Chinese-assembled engines can be easily identified as the engines are painted black while in the earlier European-assembled engines were finished in silver. Before the bike was discontinued in 2007, there was a brief period when the engines were assembled by Kymco in Taiwan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F_series_single-cylinder

You are just going to have to accept you have a Chinese engine, add a bit of soy sauce to the engine oil and it will perform better.

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You are just going to have to accept you have a Chinese engine, add a bit of soy sauce to the engine oil and it will perform better.

So you haven't got a source then?

This is the Perfect Storm......no source and no camera! 

kramer spazz GIF by HULU

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

https://www.rotax.com/en/100-years/historical-vehicles-engines/detail/type-654.html

Note that it was not produced after 2008, yet that engine is in your bike.

No.....because they discontinued that motor for general distribution and BMW bought the rights to it......lock, stock, and barrel.

Assembly by Loncin (previously Kymco) and BMW allow Loncin to use that motor in their China only model. They have no permission to sell it elsewhere.

And that model goes for huge money there because it's a BMW engine....originally Rotax.

Just now, XTreme said:

No.....because they discontinued that motor for general distribution and BMW bought the rights to it......lock, stock, and barrel.

Assembly by Loncin (previously Kymco) and BMW allow Loncin to use that motor in their China only model. They have no permission to sell it elsewhere.

And that model goes for huge money there because it's a BMW engine....originally Rotax.

So now you admit it is not a Rotax engine? You will find the licence to produce that motor is owned by Loncin, as you say Loncin can only brand it Loncin in certain markets but all parts are sourced in China now, there are no Austrian parts in there.

15 minutes ago, Buckster said:

So now you admit it is not a Rotax engine? You will find the licence to produce that motor is owned by Loncin, as you say Loncin can only brand it Loncin in certain markets but all parts are sourced in China now, there are no Austrian parts in there.

It is a Rotax engine which BMW bought the rights to. BMW own that engine as such.

Components were produced in Austria for BMW only and then shipped to China for assembly. There are no Chinese made parts in there.

If you look at a parts catalogue you'll see that the engine components have the same reference numbers to the earlier F series.....no difference whatsoever. Because it's the same engine!

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It is a Rotax engine which BMW bought the rights to. BMW own that engine as such.

Components were produced in Austria for BMW only and then shipped to China for assembly. There are no Chinese made parts in there.

If you look at a parts catalogue you'll see that the engine components have the same reference numbers to the earlier F series.....no difference whatsoever. Because it's the same engine!

Except now it’s Chinese, Rotax have not made components for that engine since 2008.

8 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Except now it’s Chinese, Rotax have not made components for that engine since 2008.

Not for general distribution to other manufactures such as Aprilia etc.....that's correct. Because BMW bought the rights to it.

I'm still waiting for your proof that it is a Loncin engine (not Rotax/BMW) with Chinese parts?

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not for general distribution to other manufactures such as Aprilia etc.....that's correct. Because BMW bought the rights to it.

I'm still waiting for your proof that it is a Loncin engine (not Rotax/BMW) with Chinese parts?

Well Rotax don’t make any parts for it so where do you think the parts come from?

I would be interested in seeing a similar test between different chinese manufacturers, I bet we would see an amazing difference between makers. From that sample it looks like China is trying to solve their trash problem by exporting it hidden inside engines  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Well Rotax don’t make any parts for it so where do you think the parts come from?

Rotax still make the parts for it Ian......that model history spanned over 20 years.

We should send an e-mail to Rotax and ask for an explanation :classic_laugh:

I'll be in my mechanic's workshop next year, he's bound to have a couple of these engines apart there, I'll see if there are rice grains inside 

• Haha 2

The engine in the G Series is Rotax design, licensed to BMW to produce & modify with BMW redesigned parts manufactured in multiple countries and assembled in China.

Those are the facts!

On 16/03/2021 at 06:39, XTreme said:

The thing with this is the Royal Enfield was one of the new twins, not a Himalayan.  Very different animals.

I have seen two new Himi's oil change and trust me they were not that clean.

The other problem is, how were the bikes ridden?  Where, what time of year, riding style, bike models vary within manufactures, etc....

Too many variables, now I do believe the Italian bikes were that bad, but this kind of stuff makes the RE fan boys even more annoying.  ?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Buckster said:

Funny thing, these chi.com two stroke bike kits that i used blew up using regular amounts of oil, turns out if you double the oil in the gas they do ok....funny story from ww two pacific, chinese labour was hired to clear runways, the american sergeant's noticed all the tracks on the dozers needed grease, so they got grease, the chinese wouldnt drive the tractors unless they made allot of noise from the un greased tracks to scare away evil spirits...lol

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

Funny thing, these chi.com two stroke bike kits that i used blew up using regular amounts of oil, turns out if you double the oil in the gas they do ok....funny story from ww two pacific, chinese labour was hired to clear runways, the american sergeant's noticed all the tracks on the dozers needed grease, so they got grease, the chinese wouldnt drive the tractors unless they made allot of noise from the un greased tracks to scare away evil spirits...lol

As it is you I will believe you did not know that 2 strokes are supposed to use an oil and petrol mix.

18 hours ago, Buckster said:

As it is you I will believe you did not know that 2 strokes are supposed to use an oil and petrol mix.

Get ready for the ratio! 100/1 or 50/1 Buckyminster? :wave: