Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

2 hours ago, Specs said:

I was near there on the bike, but didn't visit. If I go back again it's on the list.

I think we might have gone for a cruise up the fjord when I was at sea, killing time between phases of an exercise.

The roads around there looked amazing following the edge of the fjord in and out of tunnels as it carved its way along the steep sides of the mountains 

7 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The roads around there looked amazing following the edge of the fjord in and out of tunnels as it carved its way along the steep sides of the mountains 

I was just north and kept going until I ran out of land. If I go again I intend to spend time exploring the southwest. In the wind and rain of course! 😡🤬😂

• Haha 1

First one of these I've seen since I was knee high to a grasshopper

The Red Squirrel was virtually extinct in England and Wales but in certain areas conservationists are getting them re established.

DSCF2923_SquirrelAP_SM.thumb.jpg.8338fb7ae6ff8ed07eec25d90e40f943.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/07/2023 at 14:45, Cupid Stunt said:

First one of these I've seen since I was knee high to a grasshopper

The Red Squirrel was virtually extinct in England and Wales but in certain areas conservationists are getting them re established.

DSCF2923_SquirrelAP_SM.thumb.jpg.8338fb7ae6ff8ed07eec25d90e40f943.jpg

there is some around the formby area

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Taken 1 year ago to the day....still hard to believe we had that much snow! This year it's been cold, dry & windy with an 8 deg f temp this morning...

8point_snow.thumb.jpg.14971aa58a8d29cddcf7be58b91f1375.jpg

Just how deep did it get?

2 minutes ago, YamaHead said:

@ least a foot & a half deep...

That's pretty damned deep, if we had anything more than we already have the whole country would grind to a complete halt

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

That's pretty damned deep, if we had anything more than we already have the whole country would grind to a complete halt

Main reason I bought my 32 y/o 4x4 Chevy....put taller tires on it....which works really well up my steep driveway. Pretty kool to see people go grocery shopping in this little town in the snow....in a side-by-side ATV w/ tracks & a blade on the front. Saw a couple slide up to the store on a snowmobile once....just another beer run. The county cops are all kool with it.👍😎

• Like 6