Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

On 01/12/2023 at 22:02, Cupid Stunt said:

Telescope with my Fujifilm X-H2 attached

Nikon has a couple of super zoom cameras.
The Coolpix P900 (2000mm) and P1000 (max lens zoom 3000mm up to 8000mm digital zoom). The build quality and hardware isn't that great, but the zoom capability is insane.

People are even able to film Jupiter and Saturn with the P1000.

• Like 2

On 06/12/2023 at 20:44, JustaPor said:

The Coolpix P900 (2000mm) and P1000 (max lens zoom 3000mm up to 8000mm digital zoom). The build quality and hardware isn't that great, but the zoom capability is insane.

Yes, I had a P900, must have been about 7 years ago now, too limited in image quality and low light performance for my taste/requirements but fun, I did a reverse airplane super zoom, I was in the plane and zoomed down to a house on the ground.

On 06/12/2023 at 20:44, JustaPor said:

Aha, found it, wow longer ago than I remembered the video was 8 years ago, so it was probably 9 years ago I got the camera

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Yes, I had a P900, must have been about 7 years ago now, too limited in image quality and low light performance for my taste/requirements but fun, I did a reverse airplane super zoom, I was in the plane and zoomed down to a house on the ground.

It's a shame that they didn't put that lens in a better package. 
The sensor isn't that great, the build quality could be better, but on the other side I think it would make the camera so expensive and no one would buy it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JustaPor said:

It's a shame that they didn't put that lens in a better package. 
The sensor isn't that great, the build quality could be better, but on the other side I think it would make the camera so expensive and no one would buy it.

To improve the image quality the sensor would have to be larger so the photosites are bigger and generate less noise, with a larger sensor the lens would no longer be the equivalent of 2000mm, you might notice that the actual focal length of the P900 lens is 4.3mm to 357mm but the field of view due to the tiny sensor is the equivalent of a 24mm to 2000mm on a full frame 35mm sensor camera that means the sensor has a crop factor of 5.6 so for example, if you put that same lens onto a 1 inch sensor camera it would then only be 11.6mm to 964mm but it's doubtful the lens has a large enough image circle to cover a 1 inch sensor.
You'd get a much higher quality image by getting  a larger sensor camera and putting a big lens on it, I'd still love to have a play with a Nikon P1000 though but I know I'd very quickly get fed up with Moon shots and airplane images plus the very noisy, poor quality images as that's why I got rid of my P900

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

To improve the image quality the sensor would have to be larger so the photosites are bigger and generate less noise, with a larger sensor the lens would no longer be the equivalent of 2000mm, you might notice that the actual focal length of the P900 lens is 4.3mm to 357mm but the field of view due to the tiny sensor is the equivalent of a 24mm to 2000mm on a full frame 35mm sensor camera that means the sensor has a crop factor of 5.6 so for example, if you put that same lens onto a 1 inch sensor camera it would then only be 11.6mm to 964mm but it's doubtful the lens has a large enough image circle to cover a 1 inch sensor.
You'd get a much higher quality image by getting  a larger sensor camera and putting a big lens on it, I'd still love to have a play with a Nikon P1000 though but I know I'd very quickly get fed up with Moon shots and airplane images plus the very noisy, poor quality images as that's why I got rid of my P900

What he said Season 3 What GIF by The Good Place

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very pleased with this attempt

The Great Nebula in Orion M42

100 x 30 sec, ISO-500, f/5.6, 300mm Tamron, Fujifilm X-H2

10 x flats, 20 x darks, Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer, no guiding, Processed completely in Affinity Photo

M42 Astrosharp Processed_2024-01-13.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, busabeast said:

What are they? A cross between a goose and a vulture.....

That would be a nature program broadcasted after hours :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, busabeast said:

What are they? A cross between a goose and a vulture.....

Wild Turkeys....between them & the deer lately, my yard is like their local toilet.🙄😅

I'll get even with 'em tomorrow when I break out my trusty pressure washer....Tuning Forks RULE‼️😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics Yamahead
It amazes me how many North Americans come over to Wales and remark how wonderful the scenery is, the USA has far better and more dramatic, you could spend 10 lifetimes finding great places there

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Nice pics Yamahead
It amazes me how many North Americans come over to Wales and remark how wonderful the scenery is, the USA has far better and more dramatic, you could spend 10 lifetimes finding great places there

I think it's the difference instead of how impressive and big it is, Europe countryside just looks historic and quaint to them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...