Thinking of a set of these!

XTreme

Heed body bars HERE!

Got to figure out some bullshit excuse to the wife as to why it's critical for me to get these.......avoidance of death and dismemberment, bad knees, old age etc etc.

Thing is after nearly 40 years she's just about heard them all.......so I got to work hard on this one!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Tell the wife you need somewhere to add some LED spots and the crash bars are perfect mount points. You're getting older and yuour eyes' night vision isn't what it once was. Ohh, and you'll be needing another 350 quid for lights as well.

There. Sorted. She'll believe it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Earache said:

You're getting older and yuour eyes' night vision isn't what it once was.

Problem with that is I never ride at night Eric.......too dangerous here with wild animals on the road.

2 years ago, a Dutch mate on a Varadero hit a wild boar at 2AM in the morning on a deserted country road. He was unconscious in the road for 4 hours till an early morning farmer found him.

He spent 2 weeks in Granada Hospital and his Varadero was totalled.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Problem with that is I never ride at night Eric.......too dangerous here with wild animals on the road.

Same here, only our animals would eat you if you were lying unconscious on the road for very long. Can't pass up a free snack when it's offered!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just tell her there's nothing left to polish on the bike and adding these will keep you from getting under her feet for a few hours, once you've explained that she'll probably buy them for you :classic_laugh:

But the problem, as you know, is that she's from Penlan Fred!

pumped up lol GIF by Amanda Cee Media

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

Heed body bars HERE!

Got to figure out some bullshit excuse to the wife as to why it's critical for me to get these.......avoidance of death and dismemberment, bad knees, old age etc etc.

Thing is after nearly 40 years she's just about heard them all.......so I got to work hard on this one!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

tell her it's to save you forking out for a new tank Pete when you come a pi**er ?

Just now, skyrider said:

tell her it's to save you forking out for a new tank Pete when you come a pi**er ?

She knows I'm the safest pair of hands since Gordon Banks Lionel.

That's confused all the non-Brits! :littleguy:

41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

She knows I'm the safest pair of hands since Gordon Banks Lionel.

That's confused all the non-Brits! :littleguy:

Fuckmine, I'd of thought you'd have used Garry Sprake being that your Welsh......................

Then I remembered that he was known as 'careless hands'  ?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I recon he's succumbing to peer pressure and prepping the bike to ride those gravel roads, what do you recon @boboneleg

More a case of looking more of a rugged individualist in pics actually Fred! :classic_laugh:

There were Givi ones on my Strom when I bought it and I always thought they looked the part.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, XTreme said:

More a case of looking more of a rugged individualist in pics actually Fred! :classic_laugh:

There were Givi ones on my Strom when I bought it and I always thought they looked the part.

now you just need the tyres :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2