I am slow

Pedro

and yet managed to receive a ticket of my bike supposedly being flashed at 81kmh in a 60kmh area on the outskirts of a town. This happened last year in July, in there any chance it was one of you transcontinental dudes riding it that day? :classic_ninja:

• Haha 2

I had a permitting another rider without insurance (4 points), crossing double white lines (3 points), 58 in a 30 (3 points) back in 1986, 10 points in total, then a 37 in a 30 which would have got me a 6 month ban (taken me to 13 points) but the Police ballsed it up and I got away with it.

Then nothing until 2015 when I got a 50 in a 30 and 2017 when I got a 90 in a 70, 6 points in total.

I've had continuous motorcycle insurance with no claims for 38 years, but according to my insurance company I only have 9 years no claims because that is the maximum with them.

• Like 2

I'd lost my license before I was 16. We'd get anything we could going and ride it, first name basis with all the local plod.
Started pushing the bikes to a field down the road, then we'd ride them down the road, then the petrol station, shops you get the idea.

• Haha 2

I've got a varied back catalogue of infractions!

1. 1972 Dangerous Driving......racing a Bonnie on my Triumph 3TA through the centre of Swansea and his motor exploded! Showered pedestrians with oil actually. 
Police showed up and then some twat pedestrian came up and accused me of terrorising him all night! We got a good brief and got it down to Due Care......think it was a 15 quid fine and 3 points.

2. 1973 on a Suzuki Hustler 250! I got charged with 17 offences in 15 minutes (including using the roads as a racetrack). Plod pursued me across a golf course and then the promenade on Swansea sea front. Pedestrians were actually jumping off the promenade into the road to get out of the way. They cornered me eventually by blocking my exit off the beach.
Had the charge sheet.....it was like a telephone directory. A couple of weeks later all charges were dropped. I spoke to somebody who had contacts and it eventually transpired that Plod had broken all the Laws that I had in their pursuit. And people had even put in complaints against them! Bit embarrassing for them to go public with that so I lived to fight another day.

1975 Speeding in Llanelli on my GT380. 45 in a 30. Put in a bullshit sob story mitigation letter and ended up with a 5 quid fine and 3 points. So I lived to fight another day.

1980's......clean sheet. I hadn't much altered my riding or driving habits.....I just got lucky.

1996.....Speeding in Bicester in a Ford Orion.....40 in a 30. Couple of weeks later I got a letter saying charges were dropped. No idea why! So I lived to fight another day.

2005....Speeding on a TDM 900 on the M4 in Wiltshire....70 in a 50. But I'd only just bought the bike that day, and I remembered at the time quoted that I was actually somewhere else. With someone who's a member here! He confirmed that in writing to Plod.......so I lived to fight another day.

2013.....Speeding on an FZ6S Fazer on the A92N Autovia in Almeria.....140 in a 120. No way out of that one so I had to pay a €50 fine and no points. So I lived to fight another day.

God knows how many times I've been pulled and warned over the years.....and bullshitted my way out of it. Upwards of 50 probably!

It's still happening over here now actually......but now they don't say....."Who do you think you are Sonny.....Mike Hailwood?".....it's more like "Who do you think you are Señor.....Marc Marquez's Grandfather?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never did anything serious, lost my license for a couple of months, though.

First was 130 in a 90kmh, enough to be serious even though it was pretty much open road.

Once in Spain, for 130kmh on a 90 as well, thank god as that was the lowest speed we did that day.

Then I got stopped by a police that had been in pursuit for a few minutes without me realizing! I stopped at some stoplights and he caught up. Turns out I had passed two slow vehicles at once, on a crossroad with pedestrian passes :classic_laugh: He was a cool dude and allowed me to choose between the crossroad and the pedestrian pass, not both. The combination of this one and the first one lost me my license.

Once for drunk driving, right at the lower 0,049 or 0,05 limit, that one really pissed me off. 

Evasion, once on the XR400 through the beach, which was why they wanted to catch me in the first place. And once in my car, did a full panic induced roundabout drift as I say the cops hand beginning to raise to stop me, and ran. That car wasn't exactly legal. 

This was my first ever ticket on a bike, glad it is a little one.

• Haha 2

Just now, Pedro said:

I never did anything serious, lost my license for a couple of months, though.

I dunno.....I'd say that losing your license is actually serious Pedro!

You're a crazed speed freak on a white knuckle ride into oblivion via Death and Dismemberment Boulevard! :littleguy:

Tell him @Tym

• Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I dunno.....I'd say that losing your license is actually serious Pedro!

You're a crazed speed freak on a white knuckle ride into oblivion via Death and Dismemberment Boulevard! :littleguy:

Tell him @Tym

That's why I have ABS :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That's why I have ABS :classic_laugh:

I'm struggling to get used to this ABS malarkey actually.....cos I'm used to nearly 50 years of locking up and drifting the back wheel. Now I just get this pulse thing through the pedal.

I could turn it off but I just get a big warning light flashing all the time.....and I find it distracting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I'm struggling to get used to this ABS malarkey actually.....cos I'm used to nearly 50 years of locking up and drifting the back wheel. Now I just get this pulse thing through the pedal.

I could turn it off but I just get a big warning light flashing all the time.....and I find it distracting.

I don't do that, even on dirt on this bike I don't mind the ABS as with road tires I worry about loosing the front on dirt. I do switch the traction control off as that makes it not climb anything.

On tarmac, I have probably been saved by ABS more than a couple of times. Had it on the 1150 and wouldn't want a touring bike without it since. One of those times is really clear still, because it was a wet road and a kid ran away from his mother into the street, not going fast as in town but I stopped in a way I wouldn't have been able to without ABS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't do that, even on dirt on this bike I don't mind the ABS as with road tires I worry about loosing the front on dirt. I do switch the traction control off as that makes it not climb anything.

On tarmac, I have probably been saved by ABS more than a couple of times. Had it on the 1150 and wouldn't want a touring bike without it since. One of those times is really clear still, because it was a wet road and a kid ran away from his mother into the street, not going fast as in town but I stopped in a way I wouldn't have been able to without ABS.

I don't doubt it is very effective.....it's just that it's a new thing to me and will take a bit of getting used to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I've got a varied back catalogue of infractions!

1. 1972 Dangerous Driving......racing a Bonnie on my Triumph 3TA through the centre of Swansea and his motor exploded! Showered pedestrians with oil actually. 
Police showed up and then some twat pedestrian came up and accused me of terrorising him all night! We got a good brief and got it down to Due Care......think it was a 15 quid fine and 3 points.

2. 1973 on a Suzuki Hustler 250! I got charged with 17 offences in 15 minutes (including using the roads as a racetrack). Plod pursued me across a golf course and then the promenade on Swansea sea front. Pedestrians were actually jumping off the promenade into the road to get out of the way. They cornered me eventually by blocking my exit off the beach.
Had the charge sheet.....it was like a telephone directory. A couple of weeks later all charges were dropped. I spoke to somebody who had contacts and it eventually transpired that Plod had broken all the Laws that I had in their pursuit. And people had even put in complaints against them! Bit embarrassing for them to go public with that so I lived to fight another day.

1975 Speeding in Llanelli on my GT380. 45 in a 30. Put in a bullshit sob story mitigation letter and ended up with a 5 quid fine and 3 points. So I lived to fight another day.

1980's......clean sheet. I hadn't much altered my riding or driving habits.....I just got lucky.

1996.....Speeding in Bicester in a Ford Orion.....40 in a 30. Couple of weeks later I got a letter saying charges were dropped. No idea why! So I lived to fight another day.

2005....Speeding on a TDM 900 on the M4 in Wiltshire....70 in a 50. But I'd only just bought the bike that day, and I remembered at the time quoted that I was actually somewhere else. With someone who's a member here! He confirmed that in writing to Plod.......so I lived to fight another day.

2013.....Speeding on an FZ6S Fazer on the A92N Autovia in Almeria.....140 in a 120. No way out of that one so I had to pay a €50 fine and no points. So I lived to fight another day.

God knows how many times I've been pulled and warned over the years.....and bullshitted my way out of it. Upwards of 50 probably!

It's still happening over here now actually......but now they don't say....."Who do you think you are Sonny.....Mike Hailwood?".....it's more like "Who do you think you are Señor.....Marc Marquez's Grandfather?"

Let’s face it you’re just a fucking menace to society.?

• Haha 2

On 26/01/2021 at 14:14, XTreme said:

I got a 140 in 120 back in 2013.

First ticket that stuck since the 70's cos they had a pic!

I bet that pic scared them.

• Haha 2

I've lost count of how many times I've been done for speeding mostly in cars and vans probably because there's no plate on the front of a bike. My introduction to the life of a criminal was when i was about 15 and got done on my DT175 so when i applied for my provisional licence it came with 7 points, which i then added another 4 a few months later  because i gave my mate a go on my bike and he done a runner from the cops but an old twat in the village grassed us up

I even have evidence, my father found these in the garden shed a few years ago that i had hid from him :classic_laugh:

Summons1985-2A-1.jpg.5f583ac85658ffce2e66dcaefba7eb78.jpg

Summons1985-3A-1.jpg.32257aac30d06513a16e4754b983c526.jpg

Summons1985-4A-1.jpg.95ba6edc3401f4ed8f452138ae22c60e.jpg

Summons1985A-1.jpg.50d78d89bce0ad8360460c77136ee2c1.jpg

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've lost count of how many times I've been done for speeding mostly in cars and vans probably because there's no plate on the front of a bike. My introduction to the life of a criminal was when i was about 15 and got done on my DT175 so when i applied for my provisional licence it came with 7 points, which i then added another 4 a few months later  because i gave my mate a go on my bike and he done a runner from the cops but an old twat in the village grassed us up

I even have evidence, my father found these in the garden shed a few years ago that i had hid from him :classic_laugh:

Summons1985-2A-1.jpg.5f583ac85658ffce2e66dcaefba7eb78.jpg

Summons1985-3A-1.jpg.32257aac30d06513a16e4754b983c526.jpg

Summons1985-4A-1.jpg.95ba6edc3401f4ed8f452138ae22c60e.jpg

Summons1985A-1.jpg.50d78d89bce0ad8360460c77136ee2c1.jpg

No tax.....no MOT? Those are the sort of charges a Casual would get Fred! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1