Sunny Ride Gone Flat

Grasshopper

The day was cold but sunny.  It seemed like a lovely day for a ride. ?

F8AD1DE5-742E-473A-9BE9-68756E37B045_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3b125c672ad9a471a9ce1303e410040d.jpeg

I was even waving at small children. :littleguy:

349AC065-ED09-43C0-8F4F-C9929C20BB29_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.2c00beb7be1be51316f24bd0ea155662.jpeg

Then something felt very wrong.  My rear area was not functioning within normal parameters.  I stopped to find out why.  Ohhhh look.... a lovely SCREW has enter my rear.   ?

B84EE87E-1635-4048-A482-EF1C936412ED_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.203f8b58926f29aee2401e49cd86ac19.jpeg

There began the tire change....after 2 hours and "almost" getting the tire back on the rim, I gave in and went to walk to the nearest place for help.  I was quickly picked up by someone and taken to a local Tire Shop.  There they stopped their busy day to help me fix my flat.  They quickly told me the tube had been pinched in my earlier efforts, but they would try to patch it for me.  After about 1 hour I was on my way with a beat up but rideable wheel.  Time to deploy the "lady in distress" signal again.  Within minutes I had a ride back to the bike.  The day was getting colder but I managed to get home to a warm fire before dark. Here are some photos from the friendly Coastal Tire that saved the day.  ?  They had some nice decorations!    For some reason I pretended I was on an adventure in Brazil, just no coffee unfortunately....?  But really, you don't need to go far for an adventure. 

3DDF1886-32AD-4B15-B967-D769BE6F2FBF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.e97ca18b1ab9eeb4a12acd5eb13a2ae1.jpeg

BAEC4827-CC06-409C-9D5D-B81821F501FC_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.5a7382bd99232dadcfc43bb5c62fbc8b.jpeg

C3104EDC-CBAA-4609-A307-CA6D16085CC7_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0406ef5f28bda0aa08e3c8dde07be900.jpeg

2A702363-0A8D-4F89-9358-BD8717C18AEB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3b790e1aa87ce84c02d42f09983cf79d.jpeg

185B4945-9F7B-446E-9DA8-9C24356EEB6D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.916ed39b065c7a555b938138b4cfbb44.jpeg

45A9C111-7DAD-4AC7-992D-B3C906D2EEE7_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3aebd1deea85aa735535ab86341a59e3.jpeg

26A8DFFE-9AA2-49AD-9D4C-7AF10CBAB008_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.bbdeff625a5dab06d760cf0326875e3b.jpeg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Damn......you're getting a lot of bad luck with that bike Michelle!

So true...it is almost a bit eerie.  I have never had so many issues with any vehicle I have owned.  ?

I am almost getting stubborn with it, and refusing to let "it" win......could be the death of me this thing.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

So true...it is almost a bit eerie.  I have never had so many issues with any vehicle I have owned.  ?

I am almost getting stubborn with it, and refusing to let "it" win......could be the death of me this thing.....

You need an old DR you do.:littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Punctures come and go I've gone years without one and then get 3 in a few weeks hopefully you've had yours for this year now :littleguy:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I'd be getting shot of that as quick as I could!

Unreliable vehicles complicate lives!

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I'd be getting shot of that as quick as I could!

Unreliable vehicles complicate lives!

That's what happens when you take the dirt roads Pete it's not a bike being unreliable it's just a case of increased maintenance and punctures can happen to any vehicle. If the tire was tubeless it probably would have stayed up long enough to finish the day off and if it didn't it would have been a 5 min job to repair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's what happens when you take the dirt roads Pete it's not a bike being unreliable it's just a case of increased maintenance and punctures can happen to any vehicle. If the tire was tubeless it probably would have stayed up long enough to finish the day off and if it didn't it would have been a 5 min job to repair.

It's not specifically the puncture Fred.....that can happen to anybody. For me, it's the accumulation of issues that Michelle has had......then once she gets it going again she gets the puncture.

It's an Omen......Fate is intervening to stop her riding it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I am learning this to be very true.  The dirt puts years of wear on a bike in a short period of time. ?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

It's not specifically the puncture Fred.....that can happen to anybody. For me, it's the accumulation of issues that Michelle has had......then once she gets it going again she gets the puncture.

And that explains why you've had so many bikes :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

It is strange.....

Might have to return to my shopping.... :littleguy:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It is strange.....

You crack on girl. Yes it's firing you a learning curve but you're learning from it.
I really miss the off road stuff, body doesn't.:classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I am learning this to be very true.  The dirt puts years of wear on a bike in a short period of time. ?

Mine are pretty good the main things i look out for is wheel bearings and suspension bearings. In the conditions we have here to ride in if you not greasing them regular your changing them regular 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Mine are pretty good the main things i look out for is wheel bearings and suspension bearings. In the conditions we have here to ride in if you not greasing them regular your changing them regular 

Look out, another carry on pun.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It is strange.....

What have you had to do to the bike to consider it unreliable all I've seen you do is what i would consider maintenance

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

What have you had to do to the bike to consider it unreliable all I've seen you do is what i would consider maintenance

Apart from the snapping off bolt. Don't expect that from something so new.

• Like 1

Just now, Catteeclan said:

Apart from the snapping off bolt. Don't expect that from something so new.

Yes that was a bit odd but that being said i don't think I've ever owned a bike that had lock tight on those pinch bolts and i don't use it there myself 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The bike is nearly new Fred......she's been replacing things which shouldn't be going on a bike of that age.

• Like 1