Sunny Ride Gone Flat

Grasshopper

21 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I live a good distance to the dealership and they are not the easiest to deal with to start.

I just always seem to take care of myself.  Some things would have been covered but it just seems easier to fix things myself.

Even though @Bruce would disagree, I don't like complaining. ?

that's where a lot of us englanders come unstuck we dont complain enough ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

His bike also has many of the same issues unfortunately.  Not quite as bad as far as luck goes, but still too much.  Now the bikes are cheap and parts are also.  We knew this.  The bike is super fun to ride and does all I could ask of it.  I think it is just surprising how much so early on and then there is my luck....always something it seems.  I'm not giving in yet! ?

That's just it if your enjoying the bike and the problems are minor then why not carry on enjoying it ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Has anyone here ever tried this....

How about you @Sir Fallsalot

shopping.png

many years ago i used some similar stuff called oko tyre life but these days i dont bother i heard that many bad reports about tyre sealant's

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, skyrider said:

thats the trouble with some modern bikes the manufacturers seem to struggle with keeping the weight down ?

7kg heavier than my Beemer!

Plus it'll have a higher centre of gravity due to the standard tank placement.

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

7kg heavier than my Beemer!

Plus it'll have a higher centre of gravity due to the standard tank placement.

that's a good idea with the fuel tank under the seat, i hear that they are doing that with a lot of the new beemers now

20 minutes ago, skyrider said:

that's a good idea with the fuel tank under the seat, i hear that they are doing that with a lot of the new beemers now

The 700 and 800 series have got it as well......makes a big difference.

16 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Has anyone here ever tried this....

How about you @Sir Fallsalot

shopping.png

Yes tried it and and various versions of it. works great on tubeless wheels but didn't work on the tubed type, when i removed the tyre i had to deal with the mess it makes as well as the flat so will never use it again 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes tried it and and various versions of it. works great on tubeless wheels but didn't work on the tubed type, when i removed the tyre i had to deal with the mess it makes as well as the flat so will never use it again 

What Fred said, ghastly stuff when you have to clean it up and often fails to seal punctures anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I keep one in the top box as a get you home, or one like it.
Used a Holts one some years ago and it got Mandis gsr home.

Different stuff Dave, we used to use the Holts stuff years ago, you spray that in after you get a puncture.

The slime is a preventative (supposedly) cure that you put in before you ride and just leave it in there, if you then get a puncture it seals the hole.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Different stuff Dave, we used to use the Holts stuff years ago, you spray that in after you get a puncture.

The slime is a preventative (supposedly) cure that you put in before you ride and just leave it in there, if you then get a puncture it seals the hole.

Is that the stuff that "goes off" in the tyre and putsch wheel out of balance.

• Like 1