Sunny Ride Gone Flat

Grasshopper

Just now, XTreme said:

The bike is nearly new Fred......she's been replacing things which shouldn't be going on a bike of that age.

What i'm asking is what has had to be replaced prematurely apart from the top yolk that was just unfortunate but i would have drilled that snapped bolt out.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I am learning this to be very true.  The dirt puts years of wear on a bike in a short period of time. ?

yes you don't see many old moto x bikes ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What i'm asking is what has had to be replaced prematurely apart from the top yolk that was just unfortunate but i would have drilled that snapped bolt out.

There was brake hoses......I remember she was waiting for the parts to arrive!

Then I'm sure it didn't start one time.....was it battery?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What have you had to do to the bike to consider it unreliable all I've seen you do is what i would consider maintenance

The bike came in not such good shape, the dealership let it go with a broken dash, broken tail light and a flat front tire.

Since then it just goes on and on...

- (new) dash fogs up all the time

- the engine is leaking oil

- broken braided stainless steel brake line

- the emissions unit clogged and spit gas in my face

- the rim tape disintegrated into my hands yesterday

- the bike does not start right now, you have to run it through some gears before it knows it is in neutral

- the broken yoke bolt of course

- all the rubber around the wires is falling apart

I'm sure there is something I am forgetting.  But for a bike only a year old and not even 10,000kms on it, it is a test of my patience at times.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

The bike came in not such good shape, the dealership let it go with a broken dash, broken tail light and a flat front tire.

- the bike does not start right now, you have to run it through some gears before it knows it is in neutral

I'm sure there is something I am forgetting.  But for a bike only a year old and not even 10,000kms on it, it is a test of my patience at times.

It just sounds like you bought a royal Enfield the bike has a lot of soul you don't get that with a Honda that's why people call them soulless  :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Shouldn't be happening with any bike......especially a new one Michelle!

I'm sure a Chinese bike would do better than that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Shouldn't be happening with any bike......especially a new one Michelle!

I'm sure a Chinese bike would do better than that.

have you taken it back and put in a complaint ?

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Geographically, it's difficult for me to take Michelle's bike back and make a complaint!

@Tym is closer......I'm sure he'd be up to taking a trip north! To shoot them! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

@Grasshopper's Ride It does sound like you got a bit of a lemon it doesn't help you don't have a dealer on your doorstep. you get it with all makes of bike though. My mate bought a new Africa Twin about 6 months after i bought mine he had an endless list of faults with it and half the mileage of mine, within a year he had corrosion on the engine, frame, ABS rings, wheels and various fasteners all over the bike, The switches both sides of the handlebars failed, water inside the dash and i'm sure there was a lot more but he got lucky a tractor with trailer reversed into it and wrote it off, mine has been great only had to change the left side handlebar switch under warranty if i'd owned his it might have put me off Honda's forever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Geographically, it's difficult for me to take Michelle's bike back and make a complaint!

@Tym is closer......I'm sure he'd be up to taking a trip north! To shoot them! :classic_laugh:

that might be good

9 minutes ago, skyrider said:

I live a good distance to the dealership and they are not the easiest to deal with to start.

I just always seem to take care of myself.  Some things would have been covered but it just seems easier to fix things myself.

Even though @Bruce would disagree, I don't like complaining. ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Grasshopper's Ride It does sound like you got a bit of a lemon it doesn't help you don't have a dealer on your doorstep. you get it with all makes of bike though. My mate bought a new Africa Twin about 6 months after i bought mine he had an endless list of faults with it and half the mileage of mine, within a year he had corrosion on the engine, frame, ABS rings, wheels and various fasteners all over the bike, The switches both sides of the handlebars failed, water inside the dash and i'm sure there was a lot more but he got lucky a tractor with trailer reversed into it and wrote it off, mine has been great only had to change the left side handlebar switch under warranty if i'd owned his it might have put me off Honda's forever. 

You sure know how to cheer a girl up!   ?

I understand what you are saying.  Shit happens.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry

as a comparison hows your riding partners bike been compared to yours

His bike also has many of the same issues unfortunately.  Not quite as bad as far as luck goes, but still too much.  Now the bikes are cheap and parts are also.  We knew this.  The bike is super fun to ride and does all I could ask of it.  I think it is just surprising how much so early on and then there is my luck....always something it seems.  I'm not giving in yet! ?

• Like 1