We've now passed 9 Months.......

XTreme

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm quite happy with the way it's been going, I have to say that Michelle's contributions have brought a whole different perspective to things ?

even if she hasn't shown us her hairy arse so far :classic_laugh:

So here I am thinking, what a sweetie, thanks Bob, hugs and all that.....

THEN

I see "HAIRY".....WHAT.....I'll have you know my ass is as smooth as a fresh rose petal....here I will show you. ?️

DAMN, still can't find my camera.....:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Technically speaking....I find this forum to be:

- bright & clean (not speaking of content, but layout and appearance)

- nice open concept, easy to read

- fun profile customization

- well managed, seriously.  Pete you are always there and aware of what's going on.  You do a great job.

- the back end (no not a bum) the SEO, the server maintenance and such.. is well managed

- I like the option of easy emotional responses as well as commenting

- the messaging system works great

Ok I could go on, but no need.  Awesome Forum! ?  Top Notch @XTreme

• Like 5

Now.... for the social part of the forum.

It reminds me of the TV show Cheers.  Some people are familiar and some are not.  Friendly atmosphere and a good vibe for sure.

I am getting to know some of you better and enjoying every minute of it, hairy bums and all.  I love joking around with everyone.

I feel like I can be myself and I like the fact that some of you have known each other for awhile, makes the running jokes even better.

I could go on, but I'm sleepy.  

Good Night / Morning Everyone ?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Swagman said:

Like Rich I don’t find it cliquey and I haven’t spent much time on the other forum either, I like it on here because of the people that post they seem like a good bunch of lads, I must admit that my posts aren’t no where as intellectual as most others on here, I’m simply not that well versed as you all are yes I’m thick sue me, but I do find you guys entertaining in these sad dark days we have at the moment and I don’t believe there is another forum like it, well done Pete.?

Thanks Keith! I just put the software here and everybody else does the rest.

But my sort of direction has always been somewhat different to the other forums inasmuch as I'm not keen on this overly serious mentality where everybody wants to show how deadly serious they are about motorcycling.

That's where the Rugged Individualism, Styling and Profiling, and Namby Pamby Motorcycling phrases come from......it's a ridiculous parody of all these twats who are up their own ass. But I post it elsewhere and people are so fucking thick the joke goes way over their head.

It comes down to this! It's a bunch of guys (mainly old) and we love bikes......that's all it is!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Clive said:

maybe it's from my 20,s working down the pits, where the order of the day was to take the piss out of you workmates every chance you got...if you had fingers chopped off, which was a regular occurrence, no sympathy, just endless ragging.

Nail on head Clive! If you've worked with men, been in the forces, participated in team sports, were a 70's Greaser etc you're a perfect fit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Technically speaking....I find this forum to be:

- bright & clean (not speaking of content, but layout and appearance)

- nice open concept, easy to read

- fun profile customization

- well managed, seriously.  Pete you are always there and aware of what's going on.  You do a great job.

- the back end (no not a bum) the SEO, the server maintenance and such.. is well managed

- I like the option of easy emotional responses as well as commenting

- the messaging system works great

Ok I could go on, but no need.  Awesome Forum! ?  Top Notch @XTreme

Many thanks Michelle......there are other aspects planned....not just forum based.

So it's a work in progress to some extent.

• Like 1

If Ihave trolled anyone then I apologise, it wasn't intentional.  To be honest I don't even understand what 'trolling' is ,  to me life is for laughing and taking the piss (in a friendly way) otherwise what's the point ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

If Ihave trolled anyone then I apologise, it wasn't intentional.  To be honest I don't even understand what 'trolling' is ,  to me life is for laughing and taking the piss (in a friendly way) otherwise what's the point ?

You haven't as far as I know Bob......and anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of trolling! @Buckster has made a career out of it after all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

Think I should edit my post down (a lot) that I posted late last night's.

Think a few San Miguel,s where involved at the time of composing it!?

Why? It's one of the very few interesting posts you've ever made Clive. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

From a new bod perspective it's clear that some of you have known each other for quite some time. That's no bad thing as it creates an atmosphere where conversations flow easily. I think however that it could be intimidating for some who haven't experienced a robust, bantery environment.

My only criticism is the forum software - I'm really not getting on with it which puts me off.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

From a new bod perspective it's clear that some of you have known each other for quite some time. That's no bad thing as it creates an atmosphere where conversations flow easily. I think however that it could be intimidating for some who haven't experienced a robust, bantery environment.

My only criticism is the forum software - I'm really not getting on with it which puts me off.

Still this new post issue Ian? I've PM'd you!

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm particularly interested in the views of members who've joined up since this place opened.....as in they weren't on any of it's predecessors.

Because a concern of mine is that due to most of the guys on here knowing each other for years, I don't want this place to appear cliquey or insular to people coming on for the first time.

That's pretty much the kiss of death for any forum these days......and bearing in mind that this site is pretty much The Last Chance Saloon, we need to get the balance right.

That's why I'm looking for feedback from the newer ones who started with us on this board! @Clive @Grasshopper's Ride @Earache @Swagman  @Richzx6r  @skyrider  ......or any of the others. I've included those as they post more regularly.

seems ok to me friendly enough and my type of bikes :littleguy: go with it

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, skyrider said:

seems ok to me friendly enough and my type of bikes :littleguy: go with it

Everybody's fairly old here except @Pedro @Grasshopper's Ride and @Richzx6r so there's not a big generation gap as such.

And I think everybody here has had bikes all their lives......so it's no use asking any of us how to pass a CBT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Everybody's really old here except @Pedro @Grasshopper's Ride and @Richzx6r so there's not a big generation gap as such.

And I think everybody here has had bikes all their lives......so it's no use asking any of us how to pass a CBT.

no i didn't do that crap once round the block and that was it apart from a few highway code questions 

• Like 3

Just now, skyrider said:

no i didn't do that crap once round the block and that was it apart from a few highway code questions 

I see people asking riding advice on places and I find that I can't advise in any way.

Simply because I don't know how I ride or what I do when I'm actually riding.

To me it's like describing how I walk......it's impossible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Think I should edit my post down (a lot) that I posted late last night's.

Think a few San Miguel,s where involved at the time of composing it!?

Seems fine to me Clive alcohol included.?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Still got my red driving licence........,wonder if we will get a blue one next! ?

Wow only two years difference in age and I never got a red license went straight to the paper ones.?

26 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I'm six foot, you must have been wearing platform boots if you're six foot!

Bruce is an inch or so taller than me so that would be right. Unless he's shrunk or something!

My missus has.....5'8" down to 5'6"......but some of that is due to the hip replacement I'd say.

I haven't shrunk as far as I know!

27 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

you certainly weren't the pensioner I was expecting to see.

Us OAP's are the new Rat Pack Bruce!

Which reminds me of a strange thing I've experienced over the last couple of years with regards to peoples' perception of OAP's.

I'll have to start a thread......cos this is way out there! :classic_wacko:

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Us OAP's are the new Rat Pack Bruce!

Which reminds me of a strange thing I've experienced over the last couple of years with regards to peoples' perception of OAP's.

I'll have to start a thread......cos this is way out there! :classic_wacko:

Well thanks to the people in power I can’t really be a pensioner until I am 66 now, so 15 months to go then.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1