Dakar Rally

Grasshopper

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I searched John Deacon on Youtube and up came a 1998 Cambrian Rally highlight video with a brilliant commentary. I'd forgotten he used to do those as well. I know I was there and he mentions 3 people I was there with, Strange Dave, John Perk (Perky) and Jackie Mawhood, but I must have been too slow to get near a camera. Worth watching just to see Pat Tighe muscling his Africa Twin through the boggy bits and the Transalp with a customised fairing, customised by leaving a large piece in the welsh scenerey by the look of it.

Quite liked that

Things are underway.....?

A new change for the bikes, they can only have 6 tire changes in the whole rally, that will make things a bit more interesting.  KTM also looks good to take back the title and from what I hear today some Honda riders got lost, soooo.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Things are underway.....?

A new change for the bikes, they can only have 6 tire changes in the whole rally, that will make things a bit more interesting.  KTM also looks good to take back the title and from what I hear today some Honda riders got lost, soooo.....

The tyre restrictions doesn't apply to all the classes i'm not sure who is and who isn't affected by it 

31 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The tyre restrictions doesn't apply to all the classes i'm not sure who is and who isn't affected by it 

I thought it was just the "pro" teams, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's right Bob. i know some on here will say that's nothing, in the US where you have thousands of miles of open roads i would agree but here in the UK its different riding that distance as you know Bob. It was 580 ish miles if i remember right

Depends, in Connecticut it can take and hour to go 30 miles sometimes, depending on direction, while out west they can do 60-90 miles in the same time. 

:wave:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

Depends, in Connecticut it can take and hour to go 30 miles sometimes, depending on direction, while out west they can do 60-90 miles in the same time. 

:wave:

Yup its like that throughout the UK my trip to work in the morning is 45 miles and it will take me just over an hour and most of that route is motorway where i'll be doing my best to keep up 80mph

• Like 1

Just now, Tym said:

Dont axe me he doesnt understand me either...lol

I can understand you no problem Tym.

But making sense out of something Mawsley says is a different matter.

I don't think his years as a New Romantic did him any favours!

1 hour ago, Mawsley said:

Imodium.

What does Imodium mean?

Listen to pronunciation. (ih-MOH-dee-um) A drug used to treat diarrhea. Imodium slows the movement of the muscles in the small intestine to allow more water to be taken out of the feces (waste matter) and more nutrients to be absorbed.

??

I THINK WE ARE OFF TOPIC AGAIN......thanks @Mawsley

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

What does Imodium mean?

Listen to pronunciation. (ih-MOH-dee-um) A drug used to treat diarrhea. Imodium slows the movement of the muscles in the small intestine to allow more water to be taken out of the feces (waste matter) and more nutrients to be absorbed.

??

I THINK WE ARE OFF TOPIC AGAIN......thanks @Mawsley

Sorry Michelle! 

Take your diarrhea into another thread you :twat:@Mawsley

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Miss Bossy Boots. Personally I would have thought that Imodium was a strict necessity. Have you seen those speeds on that terrain? Dont tell me that doesn't give you the screaming shits.

Love Freds vid. Really captures it all. Almost had to take a dose of Imodium myself.

Oh Dear Cheeks, I'm just taking a guess but it sounds like you might have a few digestive issues.  Perhaps you are not absorbing water correctly, hence the free flow in the rear.  That might explain the volume of hair in this region as well.

I'm not telling you what to do, but I suggest more fibre.   ??

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BusBoy said:

Are you suggesting to get smooth cheeks one needs to be an anal retentive? No wonder you're prickly. You'll give yourself piles.

Butts and Pricks, is that all you think about.....??

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mawsley said:

And there was me making an intellectual joke about shitting yourself while riding.

Anyway, something something Dakar something sand something fucking big truck something something. There, now I’ve re-railed the thread for you.

oh my.....have I angered you in some way? ?  

You should know better then to bring intellect into a place like this. ?

Who knew this topic would bring out this side of all of us.....

• Haha 2

Some more motorcycle action from last years rally, i love that with all what they have to do to keep the bikes upright they can still find it in themselves to showboat for the cameras, something you cant do in a car or truck

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Mucho we need a new smilie of Lil' Miss Bossy Boots.

3126965_orig.jpg

I have a feeling you have a secret desire to have a woman tell you what to do......

Sorry, I don't do whips, but maybe chains......??

• Haha 1