The Xmas 2020 Thread!

XTreme

15 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

The DR650 is a dream bike in many ways, the problem is I need to modify it out of the showroom in order to mount the thing...?

I'm thinking, keep the Himi for my dirt pig and just pretend it's like my old cars, one day you ride, two weeks you fix and repeat.

So now I am thinking of something for the tarmac, something smooth and stylish for coastal highway rides.  

This has my attention right now.....?. Maybe it's the fancy coffees kick'n in.....

gallery_3_stone_S.jpg

They do look sweet, but do you think that would be a smooth bike for road trips?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They do look sweet, but do you think that would be a smooth bike for road trips?

Not the ideal thing......but if @Grasshopper's Ride wants more road potential and can lose a degree of offroad capability then the F/G650GS is the way to go.

It also has a very low seat!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It depends on what type of roads you ride.  If motorways are your bag then forget it but if you ride other roads and trails it's one of the best bikes ever imo.

I have ridden mine all over UK, France, Belgium, Spain, and Italy on lovely back roads and trails.  It is my go to bike.

IMG_7857.thumb.JPEG.f3990912ddc22da964668d74ae6e7105.JPEG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

Ya, that was a yesterday. ? 

The Moto Guzzi looks very nice but it has a few things that are just not for me.  Sure was fun to pretend for a day.

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Not the ideal thing......but if @Grasshopper's Ride wants more road potential and can lose a degree of offroad capability then the F/G650GS is the way to go.

It also has a very low seat!

I have wanted a F750GS for about 6 months now.  If I was hitting the open road tomorrow, that would be the bike. 

But the idea, well today at least, is to have something mainly for the tarmac and keep the Himi for more dirt.

I also don't feel fancy enough to own a BMW. ?  I'm kind of rough around the edges, not all refined like a BMW......lol.  Also the cost of parts, I'm just a poor ass Canadian girl.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I have wanted a F750GS for about 6 months now.  If I was hitting the open road tomorrow, that would be the bike. 

But the idea, well today at least, is to have something mainly for the tarmac and keep the Himi for more dirt.

I also don't feel fancy enough to own a BMW. ?  I'm kind of rough around the edges, not all refined like a BMW......lol.  Also the cost of parts, I'm just a poor ass Canadian girl.

Tracer 700? CB500X?

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Tracer 700? CB500X?

The Tracer is a bit out of my price range, but very nice.

Trying to keep it at around $10,000CAD

The MT-07 is nice....  https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/road/motorcycle/sport/2021-mt-07/2021-MT07AM

I had a Honda and loved it, but it was an 80's bike.  The new Honda's seem to lack soul.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Don't be daft!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

You'll only have a sore back and aching wrists.
After a second look, I want one too.

I know, that's what you think at first, but the Ninja actually has a fairly upright sitting position. ? 

On 26/12/2020 at 17:47, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I had a Honda and loved it, but it was an 80's bike.  The new Honda's seem to lack soul.

I'll have you know an old friend of mine has a CB500 with over 200,000 soulless miles on it. I find a lot of people say things don't have souls because they work correctly all the time and lack the challenge of keeping them going, like a KLR that has heaps of soul :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

like a KLR that has heaps of soul :classic_laugh:

Tell that to this guy to showed up at a KLR forum...lol..i kept telling him he got a good one.

"I have a KLR650- 2020 new bike 6 days old. I have done 680 Kilometres on it and not impress at all. I enjoy the bike riding style, but I find it to be far underpowered at highway speeds of 100 kph - 110Kph. At 110 the bike struggles to rev over 6.5 revs in 4 and 5 gear. It actually struggles to maintain that speed and takes a while to get to 130 km per hour.... There are red flags coming up here for me."

:rofl:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tym said:

I have done 680 Kilometres on it

About 400 miles on a KLR........that must be one of the highest mileages ever recorded on the same engine? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'll have you know an old friend of mine has a CB500 with over 200,000 soulless miles on it. I find a lot of people say things don't have souls because they work correctly all the time and lack the challenge of keeping them going, like a KLR that has heaps of soul :classic_laugh:

I, for one, can't imagine doing 200.000 miles in one bike and not growing to love it. If something does me the service of providing a good service I get attached to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I, for one, can't imagine doing 200.000 miles in one bike and not growing to love it. If something does me the service of providing a good service I get attached to it.

He didn't put the miles on it he bought it with that, but somebody loved it to put that kind of mileage on it