First Weekend in December!

XTreme

Dora, the storm ia here, weather is both freezing and wet, not cool

Went for a walk with Costa in the morning, we came back running to the car in the middle of a hail storm, not impressed

IMG_9649.thumb.jpeg.f60d57f4663255d8b02e02b6963a557b.jpeg

IMG_9654.thumb.jpeg.7ff4acc068534798d0efe02dc2b3bf2f.jpeg

Heavy rain or hail every 20 minutes, and pretty cold outside at less than 10º. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Your dog has nice eyes @Pedro :littleguy:

He's not too happy, was sick a couple of days ago from something upsetting his stomach. Now feeling better but I think he has belly aches. That's his "not cool" look as the hail started to really come down :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ohhhhh the sadness, the stupid ass bottom bearings do not want to come off the steering tube of my friend's bike, so we have had to order some tools and they are taking their sweet ass time getting here, so no going far into the backcountry for me, just not into going into the thick forest with no cell phone reception alone....  so a bit of a bummer ?

Cry Crying GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

But wait.......I will still have fun. ?

Going on a short ride anyways, something is better than nothing.

Then some video editing on my new video, maybe some yard work and damn, I might even bake a loaf. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

ohhhhh the sadness, the stupid ass bottom bearings do not want to come off the steering tube of my friend's bike, so we have had to order some tools and they are taking their sweet ass time getting here, so no going far into the backcountry for me, just not into going into the thick forest with no cell phone reception alone....  so a bit of a bummer ?

Cry Crying GIF

I used to use an old woodworking chisel (and a hammer) as a wedge between the bearing and the stem just to get it to move a small amount then you could get tyre levers in to move it up further. It only has to go up a little way and then it just lifts off. Then I found that if you rip off the outer cage and the rollers leaving the inner race and get a Dremel with a small cutting disc with cut into it. You don't even have to cut right through, it will crack open once you are about half way through. Or there is the Delboy Vice, drift and hammer method which you can see him do on Youtube

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Cry Crying GIF

Very carefully, cut a small groove into the bottom bearing with a mini angle grinder, then hit it with a cold chisel and it should break free.

• Like 3

I hate you all. Driveway is still snow covered as are the streets - need 4 WD just to get out of here. Plus it's still colder than shit,

Should be out riding around May 20th or so............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I used to use an old woodworking chisel (and a hammer) as a wedge between the bearing and the stem just to get it to move a small amount then you could get tyre levers in to move it up further. It only has to go up a little way and then it just lifts off. Then I found that if you rip off the outer cage and the rollers leaving the inner race and get a Dremel with a small cutting disc with cut into it. You don't even have to cut right through, it will crack open once you are about half way through. Or there is the Delboy Vice, drift and hammer method which you can see him do on Youtube

We got the bearings off, but the race is stuck.  Due to the bottom seal there isn't enough room to get something wedged in there to bang up the race. ?  We "had" all the household tools needed to do the cutting but we sold them during phase one of "new life adventure".  Now with phase two all new tools need to be carried on the bike in case this happens while travelling.  So we wait for the fancy tools and hope for the best as my bike is next. ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Tym said:

Monster storm here today, enjoy it in 3 days old worlders...lol

What this thread needs is some punk!

You might like this. The first bloke I ever sat next to when i started work at the council was a big scary skinhead. He ended up as our big boss and is now running another council somewhere. He was in a band called the 4 Skins. This is their version of Merry Christmas

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It was 0ºC and snowing when i rode over the beacons this morning now get out and ride ya pansy :classic_laugh:

You've stooped to trying to kill a Pensioner Fred? :twat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You've stooped to trying to kill a Pensioner Fred? :twat:

I almost succeeded in doing that today poor old fucker dropped his bike in a freezing cold river, i had to wade in knee deep to fish him out i thought my feet were going to drop off on the ride home so god knows how cold he was :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2