First Weekend in December!

XTreme

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I almost succeeded in doing that today poor old fucker dropped his bike in a freezing cold river, i had to wade in knee deep to fish him out i thought my feet were going to drop off on the ride home so god knows how cold he was :classic_laugh:

How old was this guy.......and what was he riding?

And it sounds like you need to take @Clive on one of your expeditions......I'm sure he'd be well up for riding across rivers! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

How old was this guy.......and what was he riding?

And it sounds like you need to take @Clive on one of your expeditions......I'm sure he'd be well up for riding across rivers! :classic_unsure:

Not sure how old but older than me so old lol. he was on a CRF205L by the time we got it going again it was cold and dark
He's on the left in this photo and that's the river he was bathing in LOL

130191088_10164285615910237_8716470879086995998_n.jpg.834e16c28abf09bf0c4dea6ae1aa8d60.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of my favourite river crossings, I've had to fish a KTM 990 out of there and that was after we showed him the line to take.  He thought we were taking the piss, so he went his own way and guess what happened :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

?...looks like a shallow river.?

I may have the bike, but I ain't got the gear!

Would a pair of wellies and council waterproofs (yellow)  suffice.?

And if you go under @Sir Fallsalot will be on hand to give you mouth to mouth Clive.

So maybe it would be better not to go under! :littleguy:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

One of my favourite river crossings, I've had to fish a KTM 990 out of there and that was after we showed him the line to take.  He thought we were taking the piss, so he went his own way and guess what happened :classic_laugh:

We had one like that today. i said at the start of the ride to everyone don't be scared of the water its easier to ride through than go around in some places. so later on i was riding behind this guy approaching a puddle he decides to ride up the bank and go around it, but stalled the bike on top of the bank it stopped dead and he fell into the puddle which was about a foot deep he was doing the dying fly on his back trying to get up and then rolled over onto his front he was drenched and retired from the ride early :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We had one like that today. i said at the start of the ride to everyone don't be scared of the water its easier to ride through than go around in some places. so later on i was riding behind this guy approaching a puddle he decides to ride up the bank and go around it, but stalled the bike on top of the bank it stopped dead and he fell into the puddle which was about a foot deep he was doing the dying fly on his back trying to get up and then rolled over onto his front he was drenched and retired from the ride early :classic_laugh:

All this shit sounds like Damp Motorcycling to me! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Speaking from a cozy sofa after a bottle of wine an oven cooked seabass, why do you brits always make things harder than they are?

We like a challange, anyone can take the easy route.

• Haha 1

The sun came out today so I decided to work on Bagheera, clean him up and tighten up his cylinder head cover to see if I could stop the small oil leak.  ?

96F075C1-BD81-47C7-B3FC-2B16AD55E2F7_1_201_a.jpeg

Then I baked a pumpkin loaf for an afternoon snack! Yummmy ?

098C33BA-D40F-4ED3-B43C-B315408E5EB8_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Clive said:

Does the long range forecast hold any promise?.

It ain't great Clive.......may have an opportunity next Sunday though.

1517650671_Screenshot2020-12-06214021.jpg.11db7c2c9b0b5ff8b618cfee879a59a0.jpg

But it looks like we're still going to be banged up within the town perimeters till well into the New Year.

• Like 1