15 Years ago today........

XTreme

.......we sailed out of Poole Harbour late at night en route for Cherbourg.......leaving Britain forever! Destination Spain!

At the same time in Cardiff @Renegade and his head-tapping twats were throwing a party to celebrate that I was leaving! 

We drove through France the following day and stayed the night in Perpignan......that was a lovely place.

The following morning we crossed the border into Spain and never left. Despite the fact that some said we wouldn't last a year!

A lot has changed since then......the 3 dogs that came with us have now gone! The youngest boy left for NL in 2013, and the eldest boy left for Poland in 2016.

It wasn't long before I got a pic on the seafront in the Costa Calida........to wind up all my mates back in Britain who were still stuck there in the pissing rain!

xts9.jpg.a24cdfdd33063f6b3e9d13f4d8405888.jpg

And 15 years later I'm still doing it! I guess some things never change!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That’s quite a story, mainly from someone who hadn’t traveled before. This is meant as a compliment. 

Those 660s look great, I never rode one but they just look like they handle nicely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That’s quite a story, mainly from someone who hadn’t traveled before. This is meant as a compliment. 

Those 660s look great, I never rode one but they just look like they handle nicely.

They do Pedro......great bikes. I think the styling lets them down though.....too supermoto-ish.

Equipments levels are very basic too........and they're not the ideal thing for doing distances. More comfortable than the earlier ones....but not all day comfortable.

Another downside is they were plagued by FI hesitation at lower revs......a lot of people have fitted Power Commanders to get round it.

Apart from it's lighter weight (10kg less) the Beemer is a better option for me.

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They do Pedro......great bikes. I think the styling lets them down though.....too supermoto-ish.

Equipments levels are very basic too........and they're not the ideal thing for doing distances. More comfortable than the earlier ones....but not all day comfortable.

Another downside is they were plagued by FI hesitation at lower revs......a lot of people have fitted Power Commanders to get round it.

Apart from it's lighter weight (10kg less) the Beemer is a better option for me.

The one i had a test ride on i found the low end torque was very poor compared to my old dog, but it was the opposite story with the top end power still a nice ride though

• Like 1

I could have quite happily stayed in Perpignan but we were already committed to Spain.

Originally I wanted to go to France......but I was outvoted 3-1 as the others wanted to go to Spain.

Then the boys eventually left......after they'd skewered the vote against France.

Their toilets in the motorway services are pretty weird though......where you stand up to take a shit in a hole in the floor.

It was all I could do not to shit over my trainers!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Do you get many mozzies where you live Pete ?  The main thing that bugs me when I go to my mother-in-laws near Naples are the bloody mozzies ?

Yes......loads in Summer....I'm always getting bitten.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No arguments from me, @Sir Fallsalot, @Specs, and @KAYZ1 on those points Bruce!

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I was going to say yes but then i thought about Bob and thought not all, then i thought about the amount of time he spends in Wales on his bike he's practically welsh so then i thought yes again :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was going to say yes but then i thought about Bob and thought not all, then i thought about the amount of time he spends in Wales on his bike he's practically welsh so then i thought yes again :classic_laugh:

I'm sure deep down, considering the amount of time he spends in Wales and all the friends he's got there, he must be fucking gutted he was born on the wrong side of the bridge! :classic_laugh:

I know I'd be fucking gutted if I'd been! :littleguy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

He's one of the most decent people you're likely to meet and to have that hanging over his head too.

It must be like permanently walking round with your ass hanging out of your trousers! :classic_laugh:

It has to be the toughest gig in the world being English though.......because whatever country you visit you know they all fucking hate you.

And then when you're back in England all the English hate each other! 

Bob drew the short straw there for sure......even The Leg is made more welcome in places than he is. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Why do you think I live just over the border, I'm only just in England.  Although my accent will never pass for Welsh :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Why do you think I live just over the border, I'm only just in England.  Although my accent will never pass for Welsh :classic_laugh:

It's that dodgy over in Welshland, they have even had to stop charging people to get in.......

• Haha 3

On 31/10/2020 at 08:52, XTreme said:

.......we sailed out of Poole Harbour late at night en route for Cherbourg.......leaving Britain forever! Destination Spain!

At the same time in Cardiff @Renegade and his head-tapping twats were throwing a party to celebrate that I was leaving! 

And what a party that was, just about getting over it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Renegade said:

And what a party that was, just about getting over it now.

Must have been great being unable to eat any food there cos your teeth were in my pocket crossing the English Channel.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@Renegade.....In Jim's defence he was tied up answering those legendary threads "What did you have on your sandwiches today?"........"I'm feel sorry for myself".......and the ever-popular "Recommend me a Bike Valet".

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

@Renegade.....In Jim's defence he was tied up answering those legendary threads "What did you have on your sandwiches today?"........"I'm feel sorry for myself".......and the ever-popular "Recommend me a Bike Valet".

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Lets Go Start GIF

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, TRSbigjim said:

I’m not even gonna dispute these ... 

I still could use a good bike valet, just saying before its to late to find one by X-Mass....:classic_ninja:

• Haha 3