Short autumn trip

Pedro

Today I rode from my home in the countryside to Ericeira in the seaside. It was a bright sunny day, and felt amazing after the last few days’ storm.

A short detour exploring an offroad track, I’ll go back with no luggage as it’s a little bit steep. In light of recent BOTM flops I decided to go for a photo shoot.

BEF6CFA5-8899-44CE-8439-4605148148C0.thumb.jpeg.81b7589702f0afe5a85f40dcddc65772.jpeg

042A5E95-5531-4624-B5E5-B8323D4920FF.thumb.jpeg.823dd30561286b04072e9f778f0ad64f.jpeg

391C5907-0A24-4187-B907-0DE8513BAA22.thumb.jpeg.5d00518f533aeddc3c6313aa21b6bbf4.jpeg

AD58F148-371C-4372-B0DE-5A49830D65DE.thumb.jpeg.524a7cb017f5695ee447aedf6d6e919c.jpeg

Onwards, always taking the small roads on the map is a good policy for finding cool spots of road. Lisbon’s wine country is looking great will autumn colours.

8A81EB6B-68FD-4C49-9BE4-3A375C48BAEF.thumb.jpeg.6f62e21e28466e7f446b225e8ec1009a.jpeg

44860DC2-2FF7-4ED9-9298-1BF11502D4EB.thumb.jpeg.871efdf8a8d67a8525e5bc6a22a84461.jpeg

And then, near Ericeira looking at some big waves. 

FFF219F6-D388-4C2F-AEBB-2FC33377AAE6.thumb.jpeg.a6db4696f056c6c99830b41f777ca7e5.jpeg

ACC4825D-999B-4FC1-8B9E-11658588B955.thumb.jpeg.522abee39eb056e7459f604f72783e13.jpeg

A5B02F87-30E6-4651-A1C6-4F047BF784CE.thumb.jpeg.991aa21a19cfdf686747548c5493d401.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Great shots Pedro!

I like the ones with the sea background but it seems that any shots which have water as a background are never vote winners.

Fucking ocean haters!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

At least somebody is getting out and about ?

Nice

That's exactly what I thought, although I'm not locked down (yet) the weather is shite.

Well done Pedro and especially for taking your 'Mammoth' off road :classic_cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MooN said:

nice pics Pedro. I sooooo miss the coast .

the nearest coast to me is a about a 5 hr ride...

2 hours for me!

But I won't go anywhere near them......they're always full of dumbass Brits!

nicholas hoult zombie GIF

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well done Pedro and especially for taking your 'Mammoth' off road :classic_cool:

The big GS is a very balanced bike and very good when there is a little grip and you can keep a little momentum going. I really dislike these tires, though, immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

The big GS is a very balanced bike and very good when there is a little grip and you can keep a little momentum going. I really dislike these tires, though, immensely.

Remind me what tyres you've got on there ?

43 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Remind me what tyres you've got on there ?

Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2, i am going back to TKC70 as soon as these are worn enough that it doesn’t make feel foolish in replacing them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

2 hours for me!

But I won't go anywhere near them......they're always full of dumbass Brits!

nicholas hoult zombie GIF

Funny enough its the same here, never have i been anywhere where so many inconsiderate dicks congregate in such large numbers as the coast give me a country lane anyday 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BusBoy said:

In the absence of a desert......Go to sea Fred, go to sea. You wont have any of them mither you there when there is no road to get there.  Those are the kids in the distance. It's bliss I tell ya

spacer.png

I've tried boats Bruce and experienced how quickly things can go tits up. the feeling of being totally helpless in that situation told me to stay on land

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

The feeling of everything going tits up and being totally helpless can happen wherever you are and whatever you are doing --- riding, boating, walking, or flying,

Life goes tits up even during a nice night's sleep, but you have to agree that sometimes you tend to avoid activities that have gone tits up before.

5 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

Back in the last gasps of non-commie Murica, I was a stockbroker at Shearson, Hayden Stone, 44 Wall St., directly across the street from the NY Stock Exchange trading floor. (I still miss getting potato knishes for lunch.) I would have to go to Poughkeepsie (90 miles north of NYC) to ride, or go over to Westport (near where Tym lives) to sail my friend's Lightning.

Thirty (30) years later I was walking from St. Jean Pied d'Port    to  O Corunya .

The feeling of everything going tits up and being totally helpless can happen wherever you are and whatever you are doing --- riding, boating, walking, or flying,

Luckily I enjoyed myself and got all my feelings of helplessness out of the way before I got old. I timed it just right to cross that bridge just before it all goes to hell.

There's two things i don't like about boats, the first is all the water here is  cold and the second is drowning or is that the first thing

drowning homer simpson GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

I was a competitive swimmer for many years. When one is a good swimmer -- by which I mean really is a good swimmer and not somebody who just thinks he's a good swimmer because he can swim 100 meters without drowning-- we learned to never get ourselves in situations where we had to prove it.

This is exactly how I feel, never get myself into situations where I have to prove that I can't swim at all.

When I walk along a canal at work, I keep as far away from the edge as possible, if anyone is going in it's gonna be a cyclist or a jogger. Not that they are deep but you could get stuck in the mud or cut yourself on a shopping trolley.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

You think that's the best one?

Yes, hard to explain why I like it best, the mound behind and the more all round view of the distant landscape makes it look better to me than the other three similar ones.

On 31/10/2020 at 00:54, BusBoy said:

In the absence of a desert......Go to sea Fred, go to sea. You wont have any of them mither you there when there is no road to get there.  Those are the kids in the distance. It's bliss I tell ya

spacer.png

You don't need a boat to get there, but it does help. Abermenai Point I believe? About two and a half miles from the Llanddwyn car park. I walked part way up once looking for a spot to fish. Never went back. ?