Return to Retamalejo

XTreme

3 months ago I visited the abandoned Spanish village of Retamalejo. You may remember that it was the day that I ended up with heatstroke because the heat came down really early......it actually reached 43C.

In fact my hands were shaking so much I couldn't even hold the camera steady......and I was only able to see a fraction of what was there. Because it's actually the biggest abandoned village that I've visited!

Well now the heat isn't a problem, I've got a much better camera, and a bike that's far better suited to this sort of stuff.

Yes, I'm still old and fucked......but you can't have everything can you? So this is Retamalejo Remastered......and I really went through the place in some depth today.

There's a vid walkthrough, along with lots of pics of shit that's falling down....and lots of pics of shit that's already fallen down

Just a warning to Casuals......don't attempt shit like this yourself because it could well lead to Death and Dismemberment!

And of course I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this is Dark Motorcycling!

gs49.jpg

gs49a.jpg

gs49a2.jpg

gs49b.jpg

gs49c.jpg

gs49d.jpg

gs49e.jpg

gs49f.jpg

gs49g.jpg

gs49h.jpg

gs49i.jpg

gs49j.jpg

gs49k.jpg

gs49l.jpg

gs49m.jpg

gs49n.jpg

gs49o.jpg

gs50.jpg

gs50a.jpg

gs50b.jpg

gs50c.jpg

gs50e.jpg

gs50f.jpg

gs50g.jpg

gs50h.jpg

gs50i.jpg

gs50j.jpg

gs50k.jpg

gs50k1.jpg

gs50l.jpg

gs50m.jpg

gs51.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nice one Pete ? Do you know if anyone owns these places 

No idea Fred! They were originally places for farm workers to live......so the farmers may have owned them.

But I'm not sure what active farms are still left there now.

• Like 1

don't need thermo nuclear war to create these places , any war will do. the pics remind me of  Ouradour sur Glane (which I did do a RR on way back when...)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MooN said:

don't need thermo nuclear war to create these places , any war will do. the pics remind me of  Ouradour sur Glane (which I did do a RR on way back when...)

Indeed, that or simple desertification, agriculture not being profitable enough or simply paid to not grow anything.

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

You're going to be mooching about one those abandoned places one day and a weirdo is going to jump out on you

Have you considered he might be the weirdo

creepy toilet GIF

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You're going to be mooching about one those abandoned places one day and a weirdo is going to jump out on you

I get a lot of concerned people on FB telling me to be careful.

I just tell them that I lived in Swansea for 40 years.......I've walked into many hellholes that were guaranteed to be full of pretty fucking awful people......so how can it be any worse than that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2