The WeekEnd thread.

Tym

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

That's a clean bike!

Every time I start fantasizing with a different bike to take off the miles out of the GS so it can last forever I think of a Ducati, and then I look at your clean T7!

Thanks but a T7 could never compare to most Ducati's on looks.  The 916 is the most beautiful bike ever imo, I still don't want one though :classic_laugh:

51 minutes ago, Earache said:

Cold and 60 mph winds on the mountain today - so I'm staying inside.

This big girl just walked through the front yard, munching on the Aspen trees...

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

IMG_4319.JPG

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

Are they dangerous Eric? They don't go walking into houses like the bears do they?

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Are they dangerous Eric? They don't go walking into houses like the bears do they?

No, they stay outside. Pretty low key animals until they get pissed off, then they can stomp you to death but that's pretty rare. Still, anything that big get a wide berth from me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats a big assed animal. :littleguy:

Got a new slogan for Tomos:

The Best of Times, the Worst of Times, Tomos!DSCN0930.thumb.jpeg.533d31aebca09a05a55839e20a763783.jpeg

For some reason she ran today :classic_unsure:

• Like 5

On 16/10/2020 at 19:34, Grasshopper's Ride said:

The weekend will start in the tent (aka poor man's garage) as it is Bagheera's 5000km service time. ?  Looking forward to it, I enjoy working on the bike and the smell of oil and gas, can't beat it.  Hopefully I will get everything done in time for a ride this weekend, but I did buy a can of orange spray paint, so I might get distracted. ?

37EEDD75-5D36-4EFC-9813-E4579597027E_1_201_a.jpeg

what's involved in the 5000km service? other than oil and filter change? ? is that the regular service interval on those bikes? 

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Got a new slogan for Tomos:

The Best of Times, the Worst of Times, Tomos!

Dickens, " a tale of two cities"  if I remember rightly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Thanks but a T7 could never compare to most Ducati's on looks.  The 916 is the most beautiful bike ever imo, I still don't want one though :classic_laugh:

It would always be a Multistrada, though

3 hours ago, MooN said:

what's involved in the 5000km service? other than oil and filter change? ? is that the regular service interval on those bikes? 

They also recommend a valve check.  Then of course I also check the air filter, spark plug health, change the oil & filter, give the whole thing a cleaning, chain maintenance and this time I also had a can of orange spray paint for a splash of colour! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

?. I thought 10,000 km was a pretty standard bike service period these days. 
it is fun to be able to do it youself though, i enjoyed doing the transalps services but i really cant deal with the tiger and dont have the tools. Also if i did have the ( electronic) tools i’d only balls it up...?. There are definaty some circumstances where “old school rules” 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Still trying to sort time to get on with my front bakes. Fitted the new disc but the pulse is now bigger. Haven't rode or tried to fix since.

I can feel a difference between my old rotors and my new wave rotors on my KLR, what kind do you have?

1 minute ago, Tym said:

I can feel a difference between my old rotors and my new wave rotors on my KLR, what kind do you have?

I got a new genuine. 
I've now got myself a dial gauge so I can see how much run out there is on both sides. I've also been told I can rotate the discs on the wheel, that is move to a different bolt hole to hopefully improve said run out.
That ones beyond my logical grey matter as you'd assume the wheel is all machined the same but what do I know.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

It would always be a Multistrada, though

The Multistrada and the Desert Sled are the only two Ducati's I'd consider owning and only because i'd get free servicing, the MTS is a bitch to work on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MooN said:

?. I thought 10,000 km was a pretty standard bike service period these days. 
it is fun to be able to do it youself though, i enjoyed doing the transalps services but i really cant deal with the tiger and dont have the tools. Also if i did have the ( electronic) tools i’d only balls it up...?. There are definaty some circumstances where “old school rules” 

ahhhh yes, the Himalayan is not a standard bike (for these days) as it needed a valve check at 500km service and 5,000km.  I should be good now till 10,000.  Fairly easy to do on the Himalayan and I love working on the bike in general. ?

• Like 1

i stopped checking the valve clearances on the transalp after doing it every 10,000 I gave up at the 100,000 service when I realised I had never needed to adjust them! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very excited today.....haven't been on the bike for 5 days and it seems like a long time. Servicing is done and I'm off for a ride today.  Then to add some sprinkles to the cake the LOGGING sign has been removed on the road where I almost died in the spring.....lol. So we need to go check that out...... ?

• Like 4

Just now, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Very excited today.....haven't been on the bike for 5 days and it seems like a long time. Servicing is done and I'm off for a ride today.  Then to add some sprinkles to the cake the LOGGING sign has been removed on the road where I almost died in the spring.....lol. So we need to go check that out...... ?

Dont forget to check your nuts! :wave:

• Confused 2

I know you're all wondering, what the heck was she talking about, orange spray paint, what the hell???  ?  Well wonder no longer...  ??

C8634DB3-CC31-4357-A256-98D6EF6D92E6_1_201_a.jpeg

?  I think this is the most clean Bagheera has been since new, what a handsome guy!

9408FF24-9B33-4562-ACDA-85BE67252BFA_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 4