Another Lockdown Coming?

XTreme

1 minute ago, Tym said:

If its the End of the World.

Im here to make it look good.

:classic_cool:

Well at least you have a gun or two to make the end quicker.??

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's WWIII as far as I'm concerned!

Think I’ll just stay in and become an alcoholic, it won’t matter what happens as long as I have whiskey or meths.?

• Haha 1

I think the worst thing about these Lockdowns for us older guys is the fact that the clock is ticking for us, and we don't have the time to wait for normality to return.

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Every day seems like a wasted day in lockdown.?

I know Clive! And I reckon most of this year we're going to be restricted in way or another!

15 minutes ago, Clive said:

We had things planned, even in the winter,done nothing.

And I cannot see a total relaxation of Lockdown anytime soon. Maybe back to Tiers.

Which maybe nearly as bad as what we have now.?

Being able to travel would be a bonus.

they will come up with tier 5 in a bit ?

• Haha 1

Here it is in English, if you want to see what's happening in my corner of the world:

I think we are truly fucked, and getting worse daily.

I had the intention of doing one of two big trips this year, one to Morocco / Mauritania and one somewhere new, and now selfishly think it'll not be very likely  ?

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think we are truly fucked, and getting worse daily.

I got halfway through, seems this is your first wave to be honest, not your second. :classic_unsure:

Just now, Bruce said:

Stay safe boet. Many more years ahead for you to do these trips.

That is not how I feel about time. I seem to have this pending sense of doom and need to have something to look forward to.

15 minutes ago, Bruce said:

What you need is a garage project to invest time and enthusiasm in.  Find yourself a fixer upper to do the tour in. A nice thumper and then weld some bins up for it. The bigger the better! I survived having babies doing this!

KIF_8942.jpg

bike005.jpg

I have no trust in myself to venture somewhere out of the way in a bike put together by me. I tried doing that to the XR a while ago and the poor thing sat in the garage for ages half torn apart. 

Plus, the GS is the bike for me to tour on. I have thought of something more offroady for Morocco, but I just couldn't leave my bike in the garage on this next trip.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That is not how I feel about time. I seem to have this pending sense of doom and need to have something to look forward to.

Think it's safe to say that "Woodstock" feeling is long gone for all of us!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Think it's safe to say that "Woodstock" feeling is long gone for all of us!

Did anything really change for you apart from the fact you were involuntarily house bound for a fair chunk of time?

57 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Did anything really change for you apart from the fact you were involuntarily house bound for a fair chunk of time?

Not really in my case! Except for the 9 weeks I couldn't ride!

But it's just not having the freedom to do what you wanted when you wanted.

So if you're in the house by your choice.....that's fine! But if it's by order of the government that's a different thing.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Not really in my case! Except for the 9 weeks I couldn't ride!

But it's just not having the freedom to do what you wanted when you wanted.

So if you're in the house by your choice.....that's fine! But if it's by order of the government that's a different thing.

Household coronavirus testing will be rolled out across parts of England given concern about community transmission of the variant discovered in South Africa.

A "small number" of people have been found to be infected with the COVID-19 variant - despite having no travel links - meaning all those over the age of 16 in affected areas will be asked to take a PCR test.

As from tomorrow we're Level 4 Grade 2......where any businesses classed as non-essentials have to close.

Thankfully, Hairdressers are considered essentials :classic_laugh: so my appointment with Ivan tomorrow isn't cancelled.

145488029_3571123279622929_6644345737854546775_n-min.jpg.5071d3486626c627a18a6cc66db7617b.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As from tomorrow we're Level 4 Grade 2......where any businesses classed as non-essentials have to close.

Thankfully, Hairdressers are considered essentials :classic_laugh: so my appointment with Ivan tomorrow isn't cancelled.

145488029_3571123279622929_6644345737854546775_n-min.jpg.5071d3486626c627a18a6cc66db7617b.jpg

Hairdressers are closed here.

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Considering you didn't give a toss what your hair was like in the 70's judging by your photos you seem overly concerned now how times change:classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Considering you didn't give a toss what your hair was like in the 70's judging by your photos you seem overly concerned now how times change:classic_laugh:

I heard that you going to the hairdressers now is as rare as Buck going to the camera shop, or Ren going to the dentist Fred! :littleguy:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Wife does my hair with the electric clippers, the ones we bought to  cut our pooches shaggy coat. ?.

I do my own wife just trims the neck, I can’t see round the back.?

• Haha 1