Is there anybody here who's not fucked?

XTreme

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Well I have to see a consultant soon (been postponed for 6 months due to Covid) about another op on my leg to try and cure the phantom limb pain .  If I have the op it will be my 11th but unless he truly convinces me that they can get it right I may not bother.  It will mean another 6 months on crutches and I feel like I'm losing riding time day by day as it is ?

Hang in there Bob, you're a legend!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mawsley said:

I'm deaf.

It's not really that bad unless you happen to be my wife. She still hasn't sussed the selective nature of it.

Been out on the bikes Dave?

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

According to my boss I am a Leg end

The upside though is we're all still here doing what we do........despite being the walking wounded these days.

You look back and consider how many aren't.......most of my original bike mates never survived the 70's. It was like The Killing Fields back then.

And since then so many others have gone through illness.......now I don't wonder what old friends are doing, I wonder whether they're still alive.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

The upside though is we're all still here doing what we do........despite being the walking wounded these days.

You look back and consider how many aren't.......most of my original bike mates never survived the 70's. It was like The Killing Fields back then.

And since then so many others have gone through illness.......now I don't wonder what old friends are doing, I wonder whether they're still alive.

I've got a school photo somewhere from when I was about 12. I can cross a few off as no longer being with us now. Rough school, bound to be fatalities though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I've got a school photo somewhere from when I was about 12. I can cross a few off as no longer being with us now. Rough school, bound to be fatalities though.

Yeh......the fucking stench coming off you must have got a few Yen! 

• Haha 2

jeez!  what a bunch of codgers!  I only have slight pain in my right shoulder. Course, Bruce will say i have an addled brain, based on my choice of bikes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2020 at 12:23, XTreme said:

After @MooN's mishap putting a bike on a centre stand .......

Face Palm GIF

.....it got me thinking that this place is getting like some sort of military field hospital with the state on everybody.

In my case I've had bad knees for over 30 years......stretched MCL's due to stupid sports in my youth. But it's not a case of they've particularly got worse.....more a case of the rest of me has got worse around them due to advancing years.

So where I could compensate for them to some degree in the past, it's getting harder all the time to do that now I'm 66. Which is why I've got to get a lighter bike very soon.

However, I am lucky inasmuch as I don't suffer from arthritis......I always figured I'd be riddled with it in old age because of the way I bombarded my body with impacts in my youth. But nothing!

But I am partly deaf in one ear due to wind noise on bikes over the years.......and I need to wear glasses all the time now.

So.....that's my liabilities at the present time......just got to work round them as best I can!

So what's your current situation in terms of physical problems? And we don't need to know your mental problems.....or we'll be here all fucking day!

I am totally fine. ?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I am totally fine. ?

Very diplomatic answer Sofia! :littleguy:

Because I'm sure if you'd worded it differently some of these sick perverts on here would have responded in an ungentlemanly manner! :littleguy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Because I'm sure if you'd worded it differently some of these sick perverts on here would have responded in an ungentlemanly manner! :littleguy:

:classic_unsure:

On 04/10/2020 at 11:02, XTreme said:

Thank you! well, at least the body is in perfect working condition, as for the head... well, ask @Pedro! On second thoughts, dont!!!

• Haha 3