Is there anybody here who's not fucked?

XTreme

After @MooN's mishap putting a bike on a centre stand .......

Face Palm GIF

.....it got me thinking that this place is getting like some sort of military field hospital with the state on everybody.

In my case I've had bad knees for over 30 years......stretched MCL's due to stupid sports in my youth. But it's not a case of they've particularly got worse.....more a case of the rest of me has got worse around them due to advancing years.

So where I could compensate for them to some degree in the past, it's getting harder all the time to do that now I'm 66. Which is why I've got to get a lighter bike very soon.

However, I am lucky inasmuch as I don't suffer from arthritis......I always figured I'd be riddled with it in old age because of the way I bombarded my body with impacts in my youth. But nothing!

But I am partly deaf in one ear due to wind noise on bikes over the years.......and I need to wear glasses all the time now.

So.....that's my liabilities at the present time......just got to work round them as best I can!

So what's your current situation in terms of physical problems? And we don't need to know your mental problems.....or we'll be here all fucking day!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Clive said:

My back if fucked....there is a operation but doc said there is no guarantee it will be 100% successful ?

Deaf as a post in one ear, other down to 30%.

Sight (long distance) great....close up..shite!.

And back ops are risky Clive. They won't go near the wife's back where the arthritis has also spread.

25 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

You've got a reunion of all the old inmates of yesteryear in the cells. No boomers here AFAICT. What were you hoping for? Those Darwin spared didn't get off lightly either.

How is your health at the moment Bruce?

I’ve got a shit left knee that has some sort of fluid leaking, occasionally it causes some acute pain. Right one gives me a signal sometimes but after the diagnosis on the left it’s better to not look at the right one too closely or I might get worried. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I’ve got a shit left knee that has some sort of fluid leaking, occasionally it causes some acute pain. Right one gives me a signal sometimes but after the diagnosis on the left it’s better to not look at the right one too closely or I might get worried. 

Well you're one of us......so it's odds on you're going to get fucked up Pedro!

Just now, XTreme said:

Well you're one of us......so it's odds on you're going to get fucked up Pedro!

I have come to terms with that, but figured that medicine improves my chances with every year that passes

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I have come to terms with that, but figured that medicine improves my chances with every year that passes

What have you come to terms with.......being a part of a group of complete fucking twats? :classic_laugh:

You'd probably still have a full head of hair if you hadn't PM'd me on ButtRider in 2004 to ask my opinion on Transalps. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What have you come to terms with.......being a part of a group of complete fucking twats? :classic_laugh:

You'd probably still have a full head of hair if you hadn't PM'd me on ButtRider in 2004 to ask my opinion on Transalps. 

it’s all been you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

This site is full of CASUALS! Cant even be Fucked! properly. I should go to Buttrider. I'm sure there is some proper fucked ups there.

Remember that Beemer weirdo from ButtRider who had that young bird as a sex slave?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BusBoy said:

Oh yeah.  Beemerbummer IIRC The internet back then brought out some right weirdos, and you collected a share. Maybe we're just acclimatised now  or are we the weirdos? Cant tell with this latest gen ?

Beemer Bummer was my alias to wind up DA......it was Old BMW Master!

Well I have to see a consultant soon (been postponed for 6 months due to Covid) about another op on my leg to try and cure the phantom limb pain .  If I have the op it will be my 11th but unless he truly convinces me that they can get it right I may not bother.  It will mean another 6 months on crutches and I feel like I'm losing riding time day by day as it is ?

• Sad 4

On 15/09/2020 at 14:38, XTreme said:

What issues have you got Alan.......besides being from Carediff? :classic_laugh:

Just a quick summary.

Left shoulder - fucked

Right shoulder - fucked

Lower back - fucked

Neck/nape - fucked

Knees - fucked

Right ankle - fucked

Left calf - fucked

Right calf - fucked

Eyes - fucked

Teeth - fucked

Left kidney - fucked

Stomach - fucked

Blood pressure - fucked

Hearing - fucked

It might have been easier to list the bits that aren't fucked. :littleguy:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Specs said:

Just a quick summary.

Left shoulder - fucked

Right shoulder - fucked

Lower back - fucked

Neck/nape - fucked

Knees - fucked

Right ankle - fucked

Left calf - fucked

Right calf - fucked

Eyes - fucked

Teeth - fucked

Left kidney - fucked

Stomach - fucked

Blood pressure - fucked

Hearing - fucked

It might have been easier to list the bits that aren't fucked. :littleguy:

Fucking hell Alan.......with that lot don't you find it hard going with the weight of the Beemer?

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well I have to see a consultant soon (been postponed for 6 months due to Covid) about another op on my leg to try and cure the phantom limb pain .  If I have the op it will be my 11th but unless he truly convinces me that they can get it right I may not bother.  It will mean another 6 months on crutches and I feel like I'm losing riding time day by day as it is ?

So you get pain from the leg that you haven't got Bob? :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Fucking hell Alan.......with that lot don't you find it hard going with the weight of the Beemer?

Not when it's moving. I dropped it today trying to park on what I thought was level enough ground. When I went to move it to a better spot the back end span round and deposited me on the ground. Bike was sat at about 45 degrees so easy enough to right it. Fortunately no damage to me or the bike.

But don't tell anybody! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Specs said:

Not when it's moving. I dropped it today trying to park on what I thought was level enough ground. When I went to move it to a better spot the back end span round and posited me on the ground. Bike was sat at about 45 degrees so easy enough to right it. Fortunately no damage to me or the bike.

But don't tell anybody! ?

Could have been worse Alan......cos if something like that comes down on your leg it's going to cause some damage.

Just now, XTreme said:

Could have been worse Alan......cos if something like that comes down on your leg it's going to cause some damage.

To be. honest I'd forgotten about it until now. Memory - fucked. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1