WTF is going on here?

XTreme

Going into a left hander this morning and the bike threw a wobbler going into a left hand bend.

When it happened I initially thought a puncture or diesel on the road. But there was no puncture, and when I rode back to check the bend it was clear.

However, looking at the video it seems more like a sort of head shake because you can see the screen moving.

Any ideas?

15 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

You don't have to get a puncture to get a tyre-induced wobble. Mere low pressure can do it.

Also, your line takes you from well-worn pavement to less worn pavement close to the white line at least twice.
Your front tyre did not like that.

Last thought: the record number of 40 to 50 degree C. you have had could have cooked your tyres badly, and they are beginning to show what that can mean.

At the time it felt like back end......but the video looks front end.

Could it look like that in the vid because of the back end?

22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I would say glassy tarmac and/or low pressure tire, or indeed a worn tire. 

I never get a bald front tire as confidence is lost way before that.

Front tyre is 6 months old.......back one came with the bike so not sure how old it is. Tread's OK though.

1 hour ago, Lone Amigo said:

Yes, it could. What you see in the vid are your corrective movements, not what is making you have to correct. What you feel is the bike moving to the outside of the turn and when you automatically correct the bike doesn't seem to want to, and then it seems to not want to bend in properly for the turn.
When the K100 did that to me while I was riding the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado in the rain the first thing I did when I got back home was to get a set of new Metzelers on it.

Tyre pressures fine,  no play in wheel bearings, steering head bearings are moving freely......there's literally nothing I can pinpoint.

I've had plenty of back end slides before on bikes, but on each occasion I knew what had caused it......usually me too heavy on the footbrake.

This one's a mystery.

5 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Go back and look to see if any trucks have compressed the tarmac braking into the turn  in that heat you have. That to me looks like your tyres are trying to track on their ridges.

Cheers Bruce.....I'll check it out in the next few days.

Went passed the bend slowly in the car this morning and it looks like there are dried up traces of oil running sideways at certain parts.

I can't say that's what caused it for sure......but it's a possibility.

Checked the bike over......nothing unusual there.

So this afternoon I took it round that bend again to see if there was a repeat!

........and nothing!

Bear in mind I've gone round that bend on every bike I've had here for nearly 15 years.......as it's only about 200 yards from the house.

And that slide never happened before......so it had to have been something on that road at that time.

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I can’t even see any movement, perhaps I’m so used to my Himalayan shaking around ??.

If you’re really worried mate take some fucking man-up pills. Worked wonders for me. ??

The Office No GIF