Getting on and off a Bike when you're old and fucked!

XTreme

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And no fucking cheats like standing on pegs either.

I know the GSA is a tall bike......but you're not a small guy and you're still young.

You reckon Pedro can hack it @Tym?

I' never get on with the center stand on, it's too tall for that and I see no advantage in doing it. I usually take it off the center stand and mount with no sidestand. I can also get on from the other side like @Tym does, that's what I meant by balance, it is helpful when I park it by a wall on the left side and discount to the right.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I' never get on with the center stand on, it's too tall for that and I see no advantage in doing it. I usually take it off the center stand and mount with no sidestand. I can also get on from the other side like @Tym does, that's what I meant by balance, it is helpful when I park it by a wall on the left side and discount to the right.

We need to see some of these methods Pedro!

The very credibility of Portugal rests on your shoulders! :classic_laugh:

"The Rossi" way!  

Well @XTreme , when you started this thread you were not expecting to discover the God of dismounts, where you?! Waiting with ever growing excitement for this video tomorrow.... ?

• Haha 3

Just now, XTreme said:

The very credibility of Portugal rests on your shoulders! :classic_laugh:

We'll see tomorrow, now I´m half drunk and my dog is not ready to see me getting on and off the bike several times, he thinks I'm leaving every time :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

We'll see tomorrow, now I´m half drunk and my dog is not ready to see me getting on and off the bike several times, he thinks I'm leaving every time :classic_laugh:

You can do it even totally drunk!! But yes, upsetting dogs is not allowed, not even if you are the secret God of Dismounts! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

By request here's a vid of me getting on and off a Bike......may be some help to others who are old and fucked!

It's impossible to describe in words what I do......in the same way as it's impossible to describe how I ride or what I do when I ride. It's just done automatically.

Hence the vid! Turn the sound up though cos I'm some distance from the camera!

I'm not telling you it's going to solve all or any of your issues......it depends very much how restricted you are in your movements.

In my case I've got stretched MCL's in both knees.....so sideways knee movement is out of the question for me. Been that way for 30 years so I'm used to it.

So here we go......bear in mind I'm 66 and not as nimble as I was! But this still works for me!

So this is you getting on and off a bike when old and fucked.  I can see what you mean, very careful movements, the slight breathlessness. What I really want to know, is how long ago were you fucked before making the video and what was his name?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

So this is you getting on and off a bike when old and fucked.  I can see what you mean, very careful movements, the slight breathlessness. What I really want to know, is how long ago were you fucked before making the video and what was his name?

Let's see your vid Yen! 

OK, I'm a little embarrassed by talking to myself in the garage, my dog was looking at me with an expression that made me want to laugh

I'm 182cm, and the bike is on touratech suspension with normal ride height.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You're looking very fit these days @Pedro!

But just one point........can we see it with a top box on it?

I haven't got a top box for it, I hate the look of them and the sail effect when you get crosswinds.

• Like 4

I haven't got a top box for it, I hate the look of them and the sail effect when you get crosswinds.

The reason I said that is because you extend your leg way back and it's nearly straight as it goes over.

Which you wouldn't be able to do if there was a top box on there.

Stick a decent size cardboard box on the back and see if you need to adjust your method.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The reason I said that is because you extend your leg way back and it's nearly straight as it goes over.

Which you wouldn't be able to do if there was a top box on there.

Stick a decent size cardboard box on the back and see if you need to adjust your method.

I need to adjust just because I haven’t thought of a topcase since I had the Transalp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

Your neighbours must be looking out the windows and pissing themselves Alan! :classic_laugh:

I'm sure @boboneleg is going to come along with an unscrew his leg vid soon! :classic_laugh:

I made sure that they’re out. On holiday I found out this morning. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

OK, I'm a little embarrassed by talking to myself in the garage, my dog was looking at me with an expression that made me want to laugh

I'm 182cm, and the bike is on touratech suspension with normal ride height.

God of dismounts! And mounts as well, of course !  Thanks @Pedro, good lesson,  inspiring confidence!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1