Getting on and off a Bike when you're old and fucked!

XTreme

By request here's a vid of me getting on and off a Bike......may be some help to others who are old and fucked!

It's impossible to describe in words what I do......in the same way as it's impossible to describe how I ride or what I do when I ride. It's just done automatically.

Hence the vid! Turn the sound up though cos I'm some distance from the camera!

I'm not telling you it's going to solve all or any of your issues......it depends very much how restricted you are in your movements.

In my case I've got stretched MCL's in both knees.....so sideways knee movement is out of the question for me. Been that way for 30 years so I'm used to it.

So here we go......bear in mind I'm 66 and not as nimble as I was! But this still works for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Can you show me again i didn't quite catch that?

You haven't reached the geriatric stage yet Fred.......bookmark it for when you do!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You haven't reached the geriatric stage yet Fred.......bookmark it for when you do!

To be honest Pete I've never been flexible and could never get on a bike like you do even as a young lad. I always use the side stand got no choice, I load the peg and step over don't pull on the bars and add weight to the side stand, famous last words I've not broken or bent a side stand yet 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

To be honest Pete I've never been flexible and could never get on a bike like you do even as a young lad. I always use the side stand got no choice, I load the peg and step over don't pull on the bars and add weight to the side stand, famous last words I've not broken or bent a side stand yet 

Seriously? I'm surprised.......because I didn't think any great flexibility was involved in what I did.

I suppose that I was reasonably flexible when I was young.....but at 66 I would have thought that would be long gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What pisses me off is seeing specs old as fuck bend over grab his foot and lift it over the bike i couldn't do that when i was 10 lol

Why does he bend over and grab his foot? Can't he just lift his leg up?

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think he does it to piss me off LOL

Sounds like some weird Cardiff thing to me! Do people look at him stupid when he does it?

I'm interested to see what this looks like though.... @Specs......what's this weird shit you do?

10 minutes ago, Specs said:

Now I'm melting. Hopefully storm soon. This is how it's done. Bike in gear on side stand. 

Your neighbours must be looking out the windows and pissing themselves Alan! :classic_laugh:

I'm sure @boboneleg is going to come along with an unscrew his leg vid soon! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Wore me out watching that Al LOL

What with you on the sidestand and @Specs doing his Monty Python "Ministry of Funny Walks".......I think the pair of you need to stay in Wales.

You can't cross the border and do that stupid shit in front of the Hanoverians.....we'll never hear the end of it!

• Haha 3

This is cutting edge chit here, advrider never taught to this level of motorcycling actualization!  A -whole thread on how we managed to still get on these damn things at our age. Getting out me video cam! :banana121or:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tym said:

This is cutting edge chit here, advrider never taught to this level of motorcycling actualization!  A -whole thread on how we managed to still get on these damn things at our age. Getting out me video cam! :banana121or:

While waving guns around is what we want!

Extra points for firing them!

• Haha 2

Just now, XTreme said:

While waving guns around is what we want!

Extra points for firing them!

You want me to waste ammo? pffft, ammo chit is worth more than gold nowdays... :littleguy:

• Haha 1

This situation has been exacerbated in recent years as the motorcycling demographic has got older.......while bikes have got so much taller.

Back in the 70's nobody ever said they had trouble getting on their bike.........the trouble they had then was staying on their bike.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The first thing that came into my head when i read that lol

looney tunes yolo GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

The wife is very interested in guns! 

Not sure whether it's a good idea for a Penlan girl to be brandishing them about really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The wife is very interested in guns! 

Not sure whether it's a good idea for a Penlan girl to be brandishing them about really.

Being from Penlan she probably owned two or three growing up LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2