Motor Cycle Oil

Tym

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

That is super cheap, I just had pay out way too much for some oil.  That's what I get for trying to shop local when living in a small town.....ordering online next time.

Absolutely........I get mine from eBay!

Always Motul.......unless there's no availability in Spain.......which happened last time.

If I order outside the country the international postage nearly doubles the price.

• Like 2

I got 4 bikes that use the same oil so i buy in bulk and save a fortune, i use this one its cheep because they don't sponsor a racing team to promote it and it comes direct so no middle man to pay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXOL-PREMIUM-QUALITY-SEMI-SYNTHETIC-10W40-MOTORCYCLE-OIL-4T-20LTR-JASO-MA2-SPEC/291449598888?epid=19034027897&hash=item43dbbff3a8:g:M1MAAOSw3fZaAcNE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Normally id just buy HD diesel truck engine oil butt, my local Wally world decide to become a complete waste of space...:littleguy:

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's cheap.......but shouldn't you be on 10w40?

Doubled checked the KLRs owners manual, says i can run 20w50 all the way down to 32f/0c,,,weird,butt.... :classic_unsure:

10 minutes ago, Tym said:

Doubled checked the KLRs owners manual, says i can run 20w50 all the way down to 32f/0c,,,weird,butt.... :classic_unsure:

When was it printed? 1987?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Printed?!?!? It was probably chiseled.

Word is Moses rode a KLR down from the mountain with the tablets...then broke down, needed a new motor, God said get a freaking Yamaha for Christ sake, went ureaka, great name for a kid...true story..:littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I would say 10w40 is a much better option.

But it'll blow up anyway so WTF? :classic_laugh:

All my over the road trucks StateSide used 20w50...its the defacto bad ass combo for } American Roads! { we are that badass! :classic_unsure:

11 minutes ago, Tym said:

All my over the road trucks StateSide used 20w50...its the defacto bad ass combo for } American Roads! { we are that badass! :classic_unsure:

But oil technology has moved on Tym!

Admittedly the KLR never has.......so you may be right! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But oil technology has moved on Tym!

Admittedly the KLR never has.......so you may be right! 

My best advice is to go with the owners manual. This KLR is fucked with cam chains and balancer chains out the ass...its freaking chaos after you remove the flywheel, and unbolt the inner case just to replace the balancer chain's idler lever and spring with a custom CNC balancer idler lever and torsion spring like i did the night Trump got elected. Best day of my life. Oil is oil, syn is the best....dont use these crazty friction modifier oils required by govt's so cars get 1 mpg more while they drop dead faster in motorcyles.

• 3 weeks later...

I;ve got to do the GTR now, shes  a pia, body work, two drain plugs, and when you unscrew the flitre cover, oilfall of crap everytime. :thud:

• Like 2

I've just been reading a post on the CRF page some guy winging about changing the oil. This is his post

I tried to do my 1st Oil and Filter change WTF.. The manual is useless! I over filled the oil based on 4.1 litres and the drain plugs WTF !!! The bash plate needs holes for the Filter replacement and access to the drains. !!!!

What a tool, put a bit less than what the manual says and then warm the bike up, check the oil and top up if necessary, obviously really difficult. The drain plugs holy shit there's two of them what the fuck do i do now :classic_blink: and the bash plate how the fuck do i get at the filter and drain plugs with that in the way:classic_wacko: remove three bolts takes a minute to take off if your slow and of course this is all Honda's fault, got nothing to do with him being a useless twat I'm starting to think you meet the biggest twats on a Honda LOL

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've just been reading a post on the CRF page some guy winging about changing the oil. This is his post

I tried to do my 1st Oil and Filter change WTF.. The manual is useless! I over filled the oil based on 4.1 litres and the drain plugs WTF !!! The bash plate needs holes for the Filter replacement and access to the drains. !!!!

What a tool, put a bit less than what the manual says and then warm the bike up, check the oil and top up if necessary, obviously really difficult. The drain plugs holy shit there's two of them what the fuck do i do now :classic_blink: and the bash plate how the fuck do i get at the filter and drain plugs with that in the way:classic_wacko: remove three bolts takes a minute to take off if your slow and of course this is all Honda's fault, got nothing to do with him being a useless twat I'm starting to think you meet the biggest twats on a Honda LOL

Could be worse, couple of years ago there was a guy on a car forum that drained his gearbox and topped up his engine with gear fluid. After a few miles the gearbox started acting funny ...!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Could be worse, couple of years ago there was a guy on a car forum that drained his gearbox and topped up his engine with gear fluid. After a few miles the gearbox started acting funny ...!

I have a mate who is totally useless with all things mechanical. A while ago he asked me if i thought he would be able to change the cam chain on his bike himself, i said you got no chance, he said why I've seen videos it doesn't look that difficult. My reply was because the week before when you topped up the 2 stroke oil on your brothers MTX125 you poured it in the coolant header tank and didn't know it was wrong until i pointed it out to you:rofl:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have a mate who is totally useless with all things mechanical. A while ago he asked me if i thought he would be able to change the cam chain on his bike himself, i said you got no chance, he said why I've seen videos it doesn't look that difficult. My reply was because the week before when you topped up the 2 stroke oil on your brothers MTX125 you poured it in the coolant header tank and didn't know it was wrong until i pointed it out to you:rofl:

This guy sounds more clueless than me!

• Haha 1