New Transalp

Saul

On 15/12/2023 at 19:19, XTreme said:

People throw boring at every Honda because you don't get any drama from them.......they just work!

When i bought my first CB1000 in 1995 motorcycle news gave it a really crap review saying it was boring and soulless because it just done everything for you but when i bought the second one about 20 years later i found a review from motorcycle news suggesting some of the best modern classics to buy it was in there and they gave it a real good review saying it was a really underrated bike i think the pricks really affected the sales of the bike in the UK when they were first introduced as there are less than 100 bikes here. they were about 2k more than a Bandit of the same year so that didn't help either but the build quality was at Hondas best IMO the bike just oozed quality I've not seen since.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i bought my first CB1000 in 1995 motorcycle news gave it a really crap review saying it was boring and soulless because it just done everything for you but when i bought the second one about 20 years later i found a review from motorcycle news suggesting some of the best modern classics to buy it was in there and they gave it a real good review saying it was a really underrated bike i think the pricks really affected the sales of the bike in the UK when they were first introduced as there are less than 100 bikes here. they were about 2k more than a Bandit of the same year so that didn't help either but the build quality was at Hondas best IMO the bike just oozed quality I've not seen since.

Back then anything that wasn't a sportsbike got slated!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, XTreme said:

Back then anything that wasn't a sportsbike got slated!

That's so true 👍

I can remember coming by the Veranda (spelling ?) in about February of 1993 on our trail bikes , covered in shit after doing Gwynre Fawr and the Gap road.  There were about 30 power rangers stood there all freezing their bollox off because you had to wear leathers to match your sportsbike .

They looked at us like we were aliens but even though we were covered in shit we wern't dying of cold like them :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'd take it seriously if Neevesy had done the test......not somebody who's only been riding 4 fucking years and never had an adventure bike!

I take it you didn't hear him prasing the 500X then 🤣   

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'd take it seriously if Neevesy had done the test......not somebody who's only been riding 4 fucking years and never had an adventure bike!

He did the first MCN review if I remember correctly. Raved about it - in a positive way. 

• Like 3