Black Friday

boboneleg

Just now, boboneleg said:

So is Black Friday real ?  can you get real bargains or is it just a con.  Personally I've never bought anything on Black Friday as I don't believe the hype ...........

I think it is a bit of both.    I got 20% off a Aussie Gear jacket I have been contemplating for awhile so that worked for me but you see some stuff that might be labelled Black Friday deal when it's nothing of the sort.  

• Like 2

I'm still looking for a GoPro but I haven't seen any major reductions that would make me pull the trigger.

The New Year sales normally have the biggest drops because they're trying to clear the shit that they couldn't get rid of at Xmas.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm still looking for a GoPro but I haven't seen any major reductions that would make me pull the trigger.

The New Year sales normally have the biggest drops because they're trying to clear the shit that they couldn't get rid of at Xmas.

I got one of these awhile ago, not as good as a Go Pro but pretty close and a lot less money.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/AKASO/page/C4EA56CB-7BE1-4A68-83E2-4E7A4035834A?ref_=ast_bln

1 hour ago, Saul said:

I got one of these awhile ago, not as good as a Go Pro but pretty close and a lot less money.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/AKASO/page/C4EA56CB-7BE1-4A68-83E2-4E7A4035834A?ref_=ast_bln

Well it turns out that MediaMarkt are now listing a Hero 12 Black including the full accessories bundle for €399.......with free delivery by Monday!

I better have a word with the wife to tell her how perfect it would be for her horse vids!

Good Mythical Morning Agree GIF by Rhett and Link

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well it turns out that MediaMarkt are now listing a Hero 12 Black including the full accessories bundle for €399.......with free delivery by Monday!

I better have a word with the wife to tell her how perfect it would be for her horse vids!

Thats what my Akaso is used for I wanted to do bike vids but no bloody chance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Saul said:

Thats what my Akaso is used for I wanted to do bike vids but no bloody chance. 

And she agreed it would be great to film the horses! :classic_laugh:

So the trigger has been pulled!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Scheming bastard, can take the boy out of Wales 

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Twat you got me thinking of them again just when i convinced myself i don't need one i'm now thinking maybe i do lol

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Twat you got me thinking of them again just when i convinced myself i don't need one i'm now thinking maybe i do lol

For the riding you do you definitely need one!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Deal of the day: GoPro HERO12 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with 5.3K60 Ultra HD Video, 27MP Photos, HDR, 1/1.9" Image Sensor, Live Streaming, Webcam, Stabilization https://amzn.eu/d/2edCjur

£339

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Specs said:

Deal of the day: GoPro HERO12 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with 5.3K60 Ultra HD Video, 27MP Photos, HDR, 1/1.9" Image Sensor, Live Streaming, Webcam, Stabilization https://amzn.eu/d/2edCjur

£339

That's the same price from Gopro themselves, and if i buy from Gopro my daughter will get me 15% off as a student discount
https://gopro.com/en/gb/shop/cameras/hero12-black/CHDHX-121-master.html

• Like 3

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So is Black Friday real ?  can you get real bargains or is it just a con.  Personally I've never bought anything on Black Friday as I don't believe the hype ...........

What's black about it 

52 minutes ago, skyrider said:

What's black about it 

I thought it had something to do with the stock market, but wikipedia says different:

The history of the day is linked to the chaotic scenes of Philadelphia in the 1960s. It was then termed as Black Friday when Philadelphia Police used it to describe the havoc caused by the suburban tourists flooding the city for the holiday shopping.

59 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I thought it had something to do with the stock market, but wikipedia says different:

The history of the day is linked to the chaotic scenes of Philadelphia in the 1960s. It was then termed as Black Friday when Philadelphia Police used it to describe the havoc caused by the suburban tourists flooding the city for the holiday shopping.

And Wikipedia must be factual 

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It’s a source, what’s your opinion on why it’s called black friday?

It's casual racism in my honest opinion, why don't we have a white Friday during the year

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

It's casual racism in my honest opinion, why don't we have a white Friday during the year

gif.gif.143ebc797482f9db2f8d324326d9026e.gif

Ok, third time and it won’t be funny anymore.

And it’s because whites will keep increasing prices, not discounts.

• Haha 2