Second Weekend in November!

XTreme

39 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You now own a bike perfect for mousse's Bob it takes so many what if's away, granted they don't last long and are expensive but worth every penny. The Beta was the first bike i have ever had them on and will always use them on that type of bike from now on 

I don't trust mousse's Fred after I saw my mate's blow out on his KLX400 in France, that was bloody scary.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don't trust mousse's Fred after I saw my mate's blow out on his KLX400 in France, that was bloody scary.

That's because their not road legal and shouldn't be used on the highway LOL i'd never fit them to my XR or 650 but the X Trainer doesn't do a huge amount of road and what i do on the road is always below 50mph. Cant see how they would cause a blow out as there's no air in them they just get softer and shrink with time, only thing that i could see happening is the tyre coming off the rim if the mousse got too soft or start breaking up if not looked after properly or not changed when their fooked, put 3000 miles on the last ones had to go down a tyre size on the rear to make it firm again but the front was still going strong

We'd been riding in 40c temps in Bardenas Reale in Spain and then coming back up through France the twat was hammering along at 70-80mph.  The mousse couldn't take it and decided the make an exit, it took the rear tyre off and locked up the back wheel .

Animated GIF

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

We'd been riding in 40c temps in Bardenas Reale in Spain and then coming back up through France the twat was hammering along at 70-80mph.  The mousse couldn't take it and decided the make an exit, it took the rear tyre off and locked up the back wheel .

Animated GIF

That must have been scary they will be ok for local riding they have improved a lot over the years and they use them in the dakar bikes now so i don't think they will have a problem with my weekend jaunts LOL

• Like 3

One of my customers had a breakdown 9am. He phoned me and decided there was nothing I could do on the phone so instructed him the call the RAC. They said there'd be someone there at 1pm, 3pm then 5pm. Next time he phoned them he told them we needed the car recovered. He got the car back here at 7.55pm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And dirty how much of a ride did you have before the unexpected release of air

Most of it Fred, we only had about 8 lanes left to do and I did those two weeks ago.  I can't wait to get the tyre off and see what caused the instant deflation.  My money is on a HD tube with a big tear in it .