I just heard something stupid this morning.

Marcel le Moose Fondler

We're about to breack the warmest year in 2023 for the last 120 thousand year...

Did they have weatherman running around the planet taking temperature reading a 100 thousand years ago..?

Where do they come up with this nonsense ?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Indirect methods called ‘temperature proxies’ like fossils (eg tree rings), ice and rocks that indicate the temperature range occurring at that time. 

I’d go into more detail if it wasn’t completely pointless 😂

Are you one of those" stop the oil protestors supporters "  

According to some the planet isn't more than a 100 thousand year old.

Fossils and tree ring....right.

Uh Huh Yes GIF

10 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Uh Huh Yes GIF

It's nowhere near a hundred thousand years old. 

20 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Uh Huh Yes GIF

So how old do you think the earth is then?

Do you not believe in carbon dating?

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

overall the weather around here has been crap apart from a few warm days in june , looking for an improvement next year , today has been wet and really cold 

July & August was rubbish here, cool, wet and windy, 

Sunny here today, but a cool breeze blowing.

1 hour ago, Clive said:

July & August was rubbish here, cool, wet and windy, 

Sunny here today, but a cool breeze blowing.

It was fresh at 11am when I was riding home on the bike, also slightly damp in places which after coming off a roundabout I managed to light the rear tyre up just by accelerating.... it definitely likes to do that aswell, it's not the first time I've had the rear tyre spinning up under power and not always under full power either

• Like 2

This is a map of large ships traveling the world delivering good...supposedly 20 of those ships spue out more co2 than the entire numbers of car on the planet.....and I'm not even looking at planes and cows farting...

Screenshot_20231110_072831_Facebook.jpg

• Like 5

That's because once they are a certain distance from shore they aren't governed with what they can put out so they open the taps and pollute, and yes planes do it too but they are released straight in to the atmosphere where 130 years ago it wasn't the case

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BusaBullshitterbeast said:

It was fresh at 11am when I was riding home on the bike, also slightly damp in places which after coming off a roundabout I managed to light the rear tyre up just by accelerating.... it definitely likes to do that aswell, it's not the first time I've had the rear tyre spinning up under power and not always under full power either

So what are you saying...we go electric....even if you removed all human activity on this planet now...the earth is still going to go through cycles....until we can find better means...we're stuck with what we have....the planet will keep on living till the sun runs out of hydrogen...it's either we adapt or faze out...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

So what are you saying...we go electric....even if you removed all human activity on this planet now...the earth is still going to go through cycles....until we can find better means...we're stuck with what we have....the planet will keep on living till the sun runs out of hydrogen...it's either we adapt or faze out...

No electric is definitely not the way to go, hydrogen is I believe a better alternative than electric, electric vehicles do not save the planet they only add to the problems 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

A 100 thousand year ago we were in the middle of a ice age...I say bring on climate warming....all that I know is ..I'm still freezing my nuts off...

medieval times in Scotland temp was way hotter than now..... what was that down to Turbo charged horse and carts !

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

medieval times in Scotland temp was way hotter than now..... what was that down to Turbo charged horse and carts !

No it was it was down to the amount of horses that were used back then along with all the domestic animals used in farming 

1 minute ago, BusaBullshitterbeast said:

No it was it was down to the amount of horses that were used back then along with all the domestic animals used in farming 

was it fuck... it was the Earths ever changing climate.

nice fishing trip.. you got me .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, busabeast said:

So how old do you think the earth is then?

Do you not believe in carbon dating?

I'll answer your questions...you guys seem to forget I'm a master automotive tec...want to see my diplomas?

10 thousand maybe.

No...

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

You frigen sheepshaggers should have kept those turbo charged horses...I wouldn't be  freezing right now...

• Haha 2