Planning for the Future!

XTreme

The question was asked by @busabeast quite recently......what happens to the forum if something happens to me?

It's a valid question considering that I'm nearly 70 and about to go into an operating theatre! After all, it's not unknown for people to go in for minor things and never make it back out!

My answer to him was that it would be given to the Mods......if they want it of course. If they don't, then the option would be open to any of you who'd be interested in taking it over.

Now bear in mind that at some point the current server would no longer be available as the business will no longer exist. So whoever takes it over would have to assume the financial responsibility for it.

Cost? Anything between £350 to £500 per annum which would include Hosting, Software Licensing, and Domain. Of course you could offset that somewhat by running Google Ads if you wanted.

As I said, the Mods have first option! But if you (or a couple of you together) want to be considered as well then post up your interest here.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

He’ll need more than that just to accommodate the enormous rule book that will materialise 😆

You know you are crying out for the kind of structure only my benevolent rule could bring.

Happy The King GIF by Game of Thrones

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

@boboneleg.......are you going to be in with @Buckster on this?

I'm OK with it ...has a tribute to Pete after he goes we should change the name to...Mange motorcycle rider and have a pic of Pete's mange on the front page. 

• Haha 2

Quite right, structure, rules, routine, obedience, inflexibility and constraint are all so much more appealing than freedom and spontaneity.

Said no sane person ever.

@XTreme stop being morbid, it’s a hernia repair not open heart surgery and if you feckin die and leave someone with the diplomatic skills of a chihuahua  at the helm it’ll be carnage.

• Like 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

Depends how much he's going to pay me .......................

and NO, I ain't driving a bus

No Way Monkey GIF

Is that a Yes or No?

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'll wait until an hour after you're out of surgery

Saturday Night Live Thank You GIF

Things need to be put in place.......just in case!

There's no obligation.......I just offered it to you and @Buckster cos you're already Mods.

If you don't think it's for you, just say and I'll offer it to @Pedro because he's doing a good job on TOTY at the moment.

If Pedro doesn't want it then I'll throw it open to the rest of the board! I need two so we've got a bit of a balance there!

You got 24 hours!

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

There's no obligation.......I just offered it to you and @Buckster cos you're already Mods.

If you don't think it's for you, just say and I'll offer it to @Pedro because he's doing a good job on TOTY at the moment.

If Pedro doesn't want it then I'll throw it open to the rest of the board! I need two so we've got a bit of a balance there!

You got 24 hours!

Jack Nicholson Thank You GIF

Of course I'll do it.  But the point is you're not going to peg it.  You're made of Swanea pig iron, you'll outlast us all

• Haha 3

If you’re a goner leave a note to the wife to turn that topbox into a flower garden. 

If you’re stressing, it’s good to leave this sort of things written down, makes you calmer and by doing it it already helps yourself.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You got 24 hours!

can i have your bike ?

dont want any of your clobber though.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you’re stressing, it’s good to leave this sort of things written down, makes you calmer and by doing it it already helps yourself.

No.....I'm not stressing whatsoever. I was born with a Hernia (on the other side) so there's no way a Hernia's going to kill me.

But as the business is solely me, I have to prepare for any eventuality. Even if the odds on something going wrong are a million to one!

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Buckster and Pedro? Jesus get them to do a brain scan while your in 😆

You could get those slaves of yours to run it.

• Haha 1