Dragon Rally

Skippy

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Must've been 2013 then , I know I went before 2014 with you.  I need to try and have a go next year.

The only other time i remember going with you was in 2016 Bob when i met you in Pontrilas cafe, The other times you were with your other mates and i wasn't invited :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The other times you were with your other mates and i wasn't invited

Well Bruce said that you were a miserable boring cunt!

And coming from Bruce that's really saying something!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well Bruce said that you were a miserable boring cunt!

And coming from Bruce that's really saying something!

Don't start shit stirring Bruce is not here to back you up and i'm not in touch with him to ask if he said that and i will if i ever see him again.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Don't start shit stirring Bruce is not here to back you up and i'm not in touch with him to ask if he said that and i will if i ever see him again.

He had some rally pics of you and the mrs.

He said she was a lot of fun and you were a miserable bastard! Always falling asleep!

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

He had some rally pics of you and the mrs.

He said she was a lot of fun and you were a miserable bastard! Always falling asleep!

I find that hard to believe he might have said something like that in a different context to the way your repeating it but i didn't find Bruce was like that never heard him say a bad word about anyone, falling asleep yes i agree with that i was hammered at the rally lol. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I find that hard to believe he might have said something like that in a different context to the way your repeating it but i didn't find Bruce was like that never heard him say a bad word about anyone, falling asleep yes i agree with that i was hammered at the rally lol. 

It's OK Fred.......even if you are a boring cunt you wouldn't be worth any less AFAIC!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There's alot of 'ifs' there fred.

• 3 months later...

My mates are doing this again this year but I can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm at the moment , maybe I'm getting old 

Kombucha Are You Sure GIF

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My mates are doing this again this year but I can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm at the moment , maybe I'm getting old 

Kombucha Are You Sure GIF

Same here Bob i have no interest this year at all i haven't even been following their Facebook group which usually comes alive at this time of year same with the Bruce Pollard rally the night before

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

Time catches up with you guys! No way to stop it!

Not sure it's that with me just seem to have lost interest in it all and i'm fed up with drinking and making myself ill (as i crack open a can ) LOL

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not sure it's that with me just seem to have lost interest in it all and i'm fed up with drinking and making myself ill (as i crack open a can ) LOL

It isn't just physical Fred......you also change mentally.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It isn't just physical Fred......you also change mentally.

I had this thing in the late 90's where i lost all interest in bikes and bike related stuff and it lasted for about 10 bloody years, i've sort of got that feeling again but only with the road bike stuff at the moment

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had this thing in the late 90's where i lost all interest in bikes and bike related stuff and it lasted for about 10 bloody years, i've sort of got that feeling again but only with the road bike stuff at the moment

I think we all go through that from time to time.

But when you don't (or in my case can't) ride for a period you get the desire back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I think we all go through that from time to time.

But when you don't (or in my case can't) ride for a period you get the desire back.

Never happened to me.

fx ride GIF by Mayans M.C.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Never happened to me.

fx ride GIF by Mayans M.C.

Not even when you were wobbling round Gillingham on a GSX250?

Trauma like that would put me off for life!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not even when you were wobbling round Gillingham on a GSX250?

Trauma like that would put me off for life!

casual GIF

• Haha 1

On 11/09/2023 at 10:33, XTreme said:

You ain't missed much! Sitting round in a muddy field in North Wales in Winter surrounded by a load of drunken twats is not exactly the stuff that dreams are made of Clive!

The only thing worth seeing up there is Portmeirion!

Portmeirion? Overpriced and overrated!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Go in Winter......deserted and atmospheric!

I used to live up there. Been there, done it. Last time it was a dinner do and was a lot of fun. Car abandoned and party train to Pwllheli. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve done the Dragon Rally a couple of times (2012 and 2013) and that’s enough for me. I like camping but fuck getting cold and wet nowadays. Some of my mates still go every year which seems pointless to me.

There’s a rally north of Madrid in mid January (Los Pinguinos) which is supposed to be good, might give that a go one year.

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

• Like 5

I have to laugh at some of the comments you usually get on the Facebook group after the rally, things I've read people complaining about are, the campsite was muddy, the campsite was too wet, it rained all weekend and there was nowhere to get out of the rain, the rally should have been cancelled for safety reasons, there was no hot water the food was shit there were no showers, there was no food.

The whole event is advertised as as an extreme rally and the conditions you can experience when there are well documented over the 60 years its been going, yet these people still turned up and rather than accepting the rally is not for them and moving on they go on line and blame Conway MCC because it's not their fault they turned up to a rally in February unprepared and got wet and muddy thick fuckers :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have to laugh at some of the comments you usually get on the Facebook group after the rally, things I've read people complaining about are, the campsite was muddy, the campsite was too wet, it rained all weekend and there was nowhere to get out of the rain, the rally should have been cancelled for safety reasons, there was no hot water the food was shit there were no showers, there was no food.

The whole event is advertised as as an extreme rally and the conditions you can experience when there are well documented over the 60 years its been going, yet these people still turned up and rather than accepting the rally is not for them and moving on they go on line and blame Conway MCC because it's not their fault they turned up to a rally in February unprepared and got wet and muddy thick fuckers :classic_laugh:

Woke cunts as usual everything is always somebody else's fault instead of the cunts realising that nobody forced them into going 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1