Sirfallsalot Africa Twin

Sir Fallsalot

Got a new battery for the bike today, a little trick i do is to put a piece of foam rubber under the battery terminal nuts to hold them in place it also helps start the screw when you have a few extra accessories added to the battery terminals making the screw too short to reach the nut 

IMG_0938.thumb.JPG.9509fc2f009851b39009939f8a07c55d.JPG

I also bit the bullet and stripped the carbs off the bike to clean them out, couldn't see anything wrong with the main jets but both pilot jets looked blocked so cleaned them out and blew all the fuel lines out. It's now its running on both cylinders again going to have run it at least once a month from now on just to keep it going and maybe one day i'll clean the outside of the carbs LOL

IMG_0939.thumb.JPG.568c5ec7423991bb68091820815ce988.JPG

• Like 6

I moved this to Motorcycle Workshop Fred  👍

With this shite fuel now , I reckon you'll definitely have to start it more often or put some of that fuel stabiliser in the tank if you're leaving it for a while ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I moved this to Motorcycle Workshop Fred  👍

With this shite fuel now , I reckon you'll definitely have to start it more often or put some of that fuel stabiliser in the tank if you're leaving it for a while ?

So now you're having to start threads for the lazy twat as well Bob?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I bought Briggs and Stratton fuel stabiliser cos it says it lasts a lot longer than most (three years), used it in the Mutt and after a year languishing it started immediately. 

Very happy with that. 

Thanks i'll look into something like that but i really need to just ride the bike haven't done a great deal with any of them this year, i need to kick myself up my arse i and get back to it. i have only done 533 miles between MOT's on the CRF1000 fuck me skyrider is clocking more miles than me on a bike LOL

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Thanks i'll look into something like that but i really need to just ride the bike haven't done a great deal with any of them this year, i need to kick myself up my arse i and get back to it. i have only done 533 miles between MOT's on the CRF1000 fuck me skyrider is clocking more miles than me on a bike LOL

Its Gonna Happen Big Brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2023 at 18:18, Sir Fallsalot said:

You are still doing more than Rich.

• Haha 1