Third weekend in August

boboneleg

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No idea its just a song that grates her

I'm the same with "Bohemian Rhapsody"......that POS is nothing more than a pretentious nursery rhyme!

• Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I'm the same with "Bohemian Rhapsody"......that POS is nothing more than a pretentious nursery rhyme!

Not my sort of thing either, when I first heard it I thought it was a spoof song like Spinal Tap 😂 but it takes immense skill to write and perform something that goes global forever. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

For me its almost everything pink Floyd has produced i find it just so boring the wife is with me on this one as well 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

For me its almost everything pink Floyd has produced i find it just so boring the wife is with me on this one as well 

Ah not with you on that one. Prolly cos my pops came from very war damaged people who went to an ultra violent school in a grey repressed era that from the outside looked like a massive black hole. 

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ah not with you on that one. Prolly cos my pops came from very war damaged people who went to an ultra violent school in a grey repressed era that from the outside looked like a massive black hole. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Pink Floyd The Wall. 
A generation who didn’t actually fight brought up by people some with extreme ptsd in a very grey era (until they came of age themselves and brought about the revolution that was the 60’s) who went through school and childhood in violent and repressed times.

Or was Swansea that different to London? 

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Pink Floyd The Wall. 
A generation who didn’t actually fight brought up by people some with extreme ptsd in a very grey era (until they came of age themselves and brought about the revolution that was the 60’s) who went through school and childhood in violent and repressed times.

Or was Swansea that different to London? 

The Wall.......I get what you mean now!

I never listened to it myself.....not my sort of taste in music really.

In 1979 I was listening to the likes of AC/DC, Bad Company, Rainbow, Whitesnake etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

If your quoting something to do with Pink Floyd it will be totally lost on me if your not it will still be totally lost on me :classic_laugh:

Same here.....pretentious Hippie shit!

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

If your quoting something to do with Pink Floyd it will be totally lost on me if your not it will still be totally lost on me :classic_laugh:

I’m on two forums, the other one is full of well informed educated people that don’t swear and have intelligent discourse on wide ranging topics in some depth.

I have to come back here to swear, talk shite and let everyone else know they’re twats 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The Wall.......I get what you mean now!

I never listened to it myself.....not my sort of taste in music really.

In 1979 I was listening to the likes of AC/DC, Bad Company, Rainbow, Whitesnake etc.

In 2023 my boy is listening to the likes of AC/DC, Bad Company, Rainbow, Whitesnake and other groups from then he's the oldest 19 year old i know LOL

• Like 1