CRF 300L Availability!

XTreme

Spoke to Towca Honda today and asked them about the availability of CRF300L's. And there's none!

He can't give a date, but it would be a minimum of 3 months or more.

I suppose that's an improvement over this time last year when I was told it would be a minimum of 6 months or more. At that time it was 6 months on the CB500X's as well.

A guy in the US posted on FB......."I put a deposit down and was told that Honda tells the dealer when they can place their next order. My dealer has not even been given a date to place their next order as of now. Guessing 6 months or longer before I see it."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you want to buy a new one, just order it and get it 3 or 4 months later, what’s the issue?

They can't give a specific date......the only certainty is that it will be longer than 3 months.

Well how much longer? 6 months? A year? That's no way to do business!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

They can't give a specific date......the only certainty is that it will be longer than 3 months.

Well how much longer? 6 months? A year? That's no way to do business!

Are you interested in ordering one? Just do it then, you would have got it 6 months ago.

This is the same as other manufacturers and parts, nothing works the same as before regarding supply chains. 

It’s got tubed wheels though, just letting you know.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Are you interested in ordering one?

No......I'm interested in buying one! But they're unable to sell me one!

Dealers are basically taking deposits for bikes that haven't even been built!

Tubes on small trailies are fine......but not so sure on 100bhp bikes.

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Tubes on small trailies are fine......but not so sure on 100bhp bikes.

I would be interested in riding the same big trail style bike with both and knowing if I could tell the difference.

If you want to buy one just put a deposit down and wait a few months, nothing else you can do. You can always complain for years though, but that won’t get you the bike.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

I would be interested in riding the same big trail style bike with both and knowing if I could tell the difference.

If you want to buy one just put a deposit down and wait a few months, nothing else you can do. You can always complain for years though, but that won’t get you the bike.

If they could give a specific timescale that was reasonable then I would!

But all I get is the inevitable "no se". Which I'm  sure you hear a lot of as well.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

If they could give a specific timescale that was reasonable then I would!

But all I get is the inevitable "no se". Which I'm  sure you hear a lot of as well.

How much for the deposit? 500€? Just do it then and get it in 5 months like everyone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How much for the deposit? 500€? Just do it then and get it in 5 months like everyone else.

They show me the bike.....I'll show them the money!

That's the way I do business!

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Ok, keep complaining then.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Ok, keep complaining then.

I'm not complaining.....just stating that Honda still have no availability on certain models.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm not complaining.....just stating that Honda still have no availability on certain models.

Go and buy a Voge 300 Rally instead, plenty of those to be bought. Embrace your inner chinaman! 🤣

IMG_3412.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Lot of bike for the money.....

Yes, that's great, buy that! It comes with yellow stripes on the wheels from the factory!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, that's great, buy that! It comes with yellow stripes on the wheels from the factory!

Can't see me ever buying a Chinese bike! But do you know what engine is allegedly in that?

Cos there was talk at one time of a partnership agreement between the two companies

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Can't see me ever buying a Chinese bike! But do you know what engine is allegedly in that?

Cos there was talk at one time of a partnership agreement between the two companies

Couldn't give two shits, a Tesla?

It's easy to assume that a Honda engine powers a chinese bike when all they did was reverse engineer it and copy the design, it's an ugly industry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XTreme said:

It’s not the way the motorcycle dealers work though nowadays.

Bikes are almost built to order 

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

• Like 1

On 14/06/2023 at 21:15, XTreme said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Here ya go Pete, this was part of the process I had to go through when I ordered my T700. It took about 6 months until delivery.

Screenshot2023-06-18at19-39-23YourTnr700-Confirmationoftemporaryallocation-boboneleg@gmail.com-Gmail.png.0bd4fc69081fa1193d007d9c31678fa2.png

Did you have to pay in full at that point Bob?

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Did you have to pay in full at that point Bob?

No, I paid a deposit to register my interest and when they allocated a bike to me I paid the remainder.