Second Weekend in June!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Went to Royal Cornwall show yesterday with the Mrs and my daughters.    Hell for me but horsey for them.   
I was lucky though as I met up with a load of mates from my old choir (Loveny) who were singing on one of the events stages closely followed by my favourite local band called The Countrymen.   So that redeemed the day for me.  

IMG_0205.thumb.jpeg.19ac997d2eb78ad65db2f771e2b5709c.jpegIMG_0206.thumb.jpeg.5f38a104cc0288d4f32544092e4102bd.jpegIMG_0198.thumb.jpeg.fa3721175200fb24b344d2d59e837ba9.jpegIMG_0203.thumb.jpeg.57f5a1937deb2733603af372855301fa.jpegIMG_0202.thumb.jpeg.926e3a73feb0a9a5d0f1594dd32ad478.jpegIMG_0201.thumb.jpeg.e6b481d3b5291e4b508f4fc667880932.jpegIMG_0199.thumb.jpeg.60b8e62a85ba9e17e66e964073e799c4.jpeg

Saturday I am singing with my choir up in England in a beautiful little Esturary village called Noss Mayo.   Gotta solo to sing as well as singing the feature part in a couple of songs.  Weird having 40 backing singers but should be fine.  

Sunday I hope to be out early for a biking bimble and My last overnight shift with  the 111 service.   Be glad for a Kip on Monday. 

Is it obligatory for choirs to dress in school uniform? 

I hate to break this to you but you are in England 😂

Good luck Saturday. We expect to see the footage! 

Last shift? Got another job?

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is it obligatory for choirs to dress in school uniform? 

I hate to break this to you but you are in England 😂

Good luck Saturday. We expect to see the footage! 

Last shift? Got another job?

Yes of course old farts in Choirs have to dress in uniforms it's part of the fun prancing around dressed the same.  😎

Not a chance of any video of my singing on here, you fuckers are way to brutal for that.   And as for being in England I know you are on the wind up 😉

Yep got a new Job actually working for the NHS now, only a lowly GSA in Launceston Hospital but better money, no overnights and a fantastic working environment with  good people.  I am chuffed and can't wait to start.  😎

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

He's in Cornwall......they're Celts!

By folklore yes but how many are actually true Celts , probably less than 1% .  Whereas for you lot from Swansea it's probably less than 0.001% as you'll shag anyone from anywhere :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

By folklore yes but how many are actually true Celts , probably less than 1% .  Whereas for you lot from Swansea it's probably less than 0.001% as you'll shag anyone from anywhere :classic_rolleyes:

That's bollocks Bob, may be below 50% now and falling but we still are ethnically Celtcs,  and who defines what a true Celt is and by what measure.    

• Haha 3

Just now, Saul said:

That's bollocks Bob, may be below 50% now and falling but we still are ethnically Celtcs,  and who defines what a true Celt is and by what measure.    

Exactly my point, what defines a true Celt ? I don't think Celts were any different to the rest of this island for breeding with Danes, Saxons, Romans, French or any of the other invaders who came here.

Anyway, Bristolians are the only true English race .  Come to St. Pauls and see ................  :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

After the referendum I spent a bit of time tracing family history in the hope of an Irish connection.

I actually found my maternal great grandfather (surname Lyster) was listed as Irish in the 1840 census. But there are no birth records I can find, and I believe that grandparents are the furthest back that is acceptable.

Besides that it seems that everybody in my traceable family history on both sides, apart from my maternal grandfather (who was from Monmouth), was from Swansea.

I must be the person with the most Swansea DNA on the planet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

You need to get that into a bucket of disinfectant at once.

You're the last person who can advise on disinfectant Yen!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Exactly my point, what defines a true Celt ? I don't think Celts were any different to the rest of this island for breeding with Danes, Saxons, Romans, French or any of the other invaders who came here.

Anyway, Bristolians are the only true English race .  Come to St. Pauls and see ................  :classic_unsure:

Funnily enough I have a good mate who lives in Patchway so I have spent a fair bit of time in and around Bristol over the years.    I don't contest that the British in general are anything but a bastard race as as are almost all european nationalities and I certainly don't think our culture is any better or worse than anywhere else in the UK.   But there is a strong celtic distinction here in language, music and tradition, and nothing delights us more than to be told it doesn't exist.  As far as I know the Cornish aren't that far from most of England in terms of DNA and there have been numerous studies over the years with differing results, I am a realist and understand the composition of the UK.  

"Scientists discover genetic 'border' between Devon and Cornwall." Western Morning News (March 18, 2015).
      This journalistic account of the study published in March 2015 by Stephen Leslie and his colleagues explains that Cornish people are distinct from the people living in the nearby English county of Devon. Additionally, there is diversity within Cornwall itself, with "a separate group at the very tip of Cornwall" in the area called Land's End. One of the researchers involved in the study, Professor Simon Myers of Oxford University, is interviewed for this piece and says "We identified 17 groups in total in the UK and two corresponded very closely to Devon and Cornwall. [...] One of the distinguishing factors between them was the levels of Anglo-Saxon DNA. In the East of England Anglo Saxon contributions are between 10-40%, but in Cornwall it is around half that level." The Celts weren't a homogeneous bunch despite the common roots of their languages; the Cornish are more genetically distant from the Welsh and the Scots than they are to certain English people.

But this isn't really the place but there are reams of stuff I could supply if you were genuinely interested.  If not and you just want to be dismissive thats fine to, but my opinion will differ from yours.  😉

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I was aiming at shits n gigs saying you know you are in England (technically you are 😜) but we may have touched a nerve here. I recommend hiding this nerve as quickly as possible @Saul there's nothing liked more round here than a new raw nerve 😂

I am fine don't worry, I have experienced this sort of banter all my life as have all of my fellow Cornish.    In terms of weather you think I am really English or not that's up to you, I know my heritage 😘

if you were ever really bored enough try reading the 1974 Kilbrandon report, quite illuminating on the constitutional status of Cornwall.   But I will take your sage like advice and put the nerve away 🤣

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Saul said:

I am fine don't worry, I have experienced this sort of banter all my life as have all of my fellow Cornish. 

Ignore the Hanoverian wankers Saul. Bunch of fucking Germans they are!

You come over to the Celts Corner with me, @Renegade, @Sir Fallsalot, and @Specs!

Easy Rider Yes GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Saul said:

I am fine don't worry, I have experienced this sort of banter all my life as have all of my fellow Cornish.    In terms of weather you think I am really English or not that's up to you, I know my heritage 😘

if you were ever really bored enough try reading the 1974 Kilbrandon report, quite illuminating on the constitutional status of Cornwall.   But I will take your sage like advice and put the nerve away 🤣

You're Cornish mate, you wouldn't be thinking of Cornwall as separate from England if you weren't.

I'm happy for people to revel in whatever heritage makes them happy. Proud Brummies, Liverpudlians, Londoners, etc etc. 

I struggle with the idea of adding more borders and segregating sections off as different. 

Though I completely understand London centric politics does no-one outside London any favours and most of us outside London would like them to piss off with their lack of understanding or appreciation for a way of life away from that little circle!

It's a shame that a tiny island of only 88 thousand square miles is so at odds with one another they want to break that in to even tinier pieces. I place the blame firmly on the shitty psychopathic shoulders of those in charge that everyone feels the need to run in a different direction claiming they're not part of it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So has it got good wi-fi as you seem to have no problem being in here today 👍

No Wi-Fi is £39 a day I don’t need to talk to you fuckers that much 😂

I got good signal because we are still in Southampton departing about 6 and then it’s radio silence I think 

IMG_0004.jpeg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No Wi-Fi is £39 a day I don’t need to talk to you fuckers that much 😂

I got good signal because we are still in Southampton departing about 6 and then it’s radio silence I think 

IMG_0004.jpeg

Turn off your data roaming when you depart or brace for an eye watering bill. 
The company that covers the sea is muchos moola so it won’t be included in your phone plan. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Turn off your data roaming when you depart or brace for an eye watering bill. 
The company that covers the sea is muchos moola so it won’t be included in your phone plan. 

Am I right in thinking that if it was an EU mobile network he could connect with no extra charge?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Am I right in thinking that if it was an EU mobile network he could connect with no extra charge?

I am with a company called giffgaff (been with them 8 years now) and I had no problems with roaming in Italy this year, exactly the same cost as in UK.

https://www.giffgaff.com/

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No problem with roaming on my phone as long as I don’t phone home when abroad it’s all inclusive but on the sea it’s a different matter as you have to use the ships Wi-Fi  nothing to do with the EU you are just fishing again lol 

• Haha 4