Texas and back

Earache

How would like to have this as your Ranger Station? No Thanks....

Some machinery from mining operations years ago sits in the sun and decays....

IMG_9029.JPG

IMG_9033.JPG

IMG_9034.JPG

IMG_9035.JPG

IMG_9036.JPG

IMG_9037.JPG

• Like 4

Best feature of the Park was this wall of rock cliff thing. But it's actually in Mexico and not even in the Park . Can't even hike to it if you wanted to ....

IMG_9039.JPG

IMG_9041.JPG

IMG_9044.JPG

IMG_9046.JPG

IMG_9048.JPG

IMG_9052.JPG

• Like 4

Moral of the story; Don't go to Texas on a motorcycle; just not worth it. Come to think of it - we didn't see any other bikes.

So, we headed north on Thursday bound for New Mexico - started the day in 90F heat and ended it in rain and 45F. Winds were again about 40 mph and difficult to ride in - but it had to be done.

Left Texas before sunrise...

15.jpg

16.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

• Like 2

Weather back home is bad so we're going to stay here for 3 days and wait for the snow to melt a bit. Dave and Debbie head back Friday morning. Going to rent a car to get around here for a few days as the weather is gonna be a bit iffy.

More pics later.........

• Like 3

I guess i'm the strange one as i thought the scenery in your pics was worth the trip.  of course, we spend a lot of time in Death Valley and the Mohave Desert 🙂.    It sure isnt Colorado, but then i dont believe Texas posts signs with a number to call if someone is driving "agressively" 🙂

Did you go thru Hill Country?  Much greener scenery.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alfalfa said:

I guess i'm the strange one as i thought the scenery in your pics was worth the trip.  of course, we spend a lot of time in Death Valley and the Mohave Desert 🙂.    It sure isnt Colorado, but then i dont believe Texas posts signs with a number to call if someone is driving "agressively" 🙂

Did you go thru Hill Country?  Much greener scenery.

Have been there on previous trips - it's not worth a shit , either.

• Like 1

Got up before the sun on Thursday for the 8 hour slog north to Santa Fe. Warm when we left but the weather turned to shit once we got into New Mexico, Temps dropped and the winds got fierce again....

15.jpg

16.jpg

23.jpg

21.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I only saw about two bikes when I rode through Texas. 

There's a reason for that. Riding blows there. We didn't see any the whole time we were there.

• Like 2

Took a walk around town after dinner and stopped by another old church. Two churches in one day - I should be good for another 2-3 years now....

35.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1