99€ To Reserve A Space To Buy A New Honda!

Tango

28 minutes ago, Tango said:

The 650 wasn't bad, but is looking a bit dated now, however, the XT version hasn't been discounted completely. 

Big price drop on the way to clear the 650's!

Some dealers in Madrid have started, with the basic model down to €7400.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Big price drop on the way to clear the 650's!

Some dealers in Madrid have started, with the basic model down to €7400.

Yeah, I saw that suzuki UK are offering a £500 discount on the 650s if you take a test ride and then order one. Not sure if that will happen here, but I'll be looking out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Have you just let the cat out the bag 😉

AS you know I love Stroms.....I've had 3 of them.

But there's no way I want to add another 20kg to a bike......particularly so given my Hernia situation.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But there's no way I want to add another 20kg to a bike......particularly so given my Hernia situation.

Just checking for future poll's LOL

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've never had a v-strom,  but the 650 seems to have a good following and reputation for reliability. 

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

In Portugal the Transalp 750 is going to be showing up at dealers only on the end of Abril / first days of May. 

I'm guessing that it's going to be the same here too.

12 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'm guessing that it's going to be the same here too.

I wouldn't be in a rush, my mate bought a new CB500S a few months ago and delivery time after ordering it was postponed 3 or 4 times to a total of more than 4 months.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I wouldn't be in a rush, my mate bought a new CB500S a few months ago and delivery time after ordering it was postponed 3 or 4 times to a total of more than 4 months.

It was like that when I bought my CB500X.  The delivery date kept getting pushed back. In the end that was around 4 months after the order was placed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

It was like that when I bought my CB500X.  The delivery date kept getting pushed back. In the end that was around 4 months after the order was placed.

I meant 4 months delay on top of the the original delivery time of 4 or 5 months.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I meant 4 months delay on top of the the original delivery time of 4 or 5 months.

That's crazy! Maybe this is why Honda are doing this preregistration thing, to guage interest before the orders come in?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tango said:

That's crazy! Maybe this is why Honda are doing this preregistration thing, to guage interest before the orders come in?

Maybe, or it might be a marketing thing to make you make up your mind if you think they're not obtainable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I've never had a v-strom,  but the 650 seems to have a good following and reputation for reliability. 

One of the best bikes ever made! And it has probably the best Owners Group (UK) on Facebook! 

The only minor criticism of the bike is it can feel a bit top heavy with a full tank, and the Mk I had an issue with buffeting from the screen.

You need to actually own one to appreciate how good they are!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

One of the best bikes ever made! And it has probably the best Owners Group (UK) on Facebook! 

The only minor criticism of the bike is it can feel a bit top heavy with a full tank, and the Mk I had an issue with buffeting from the screen.

You need to actually own one to appreciate how good they are!

I almost got a 1000cc model, it was only the price difference which led me to the TDM.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I almost got a 1000cc model, it was only the price difference which led me to the TDM.

Heavy old lump compared to the TDM!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Heavy old lump compared to the TDM!

Yes but the price difference was the factor at that time. Turns out it was the right choice as there were clutch probs with the DL back then.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Yes but the price difference was the factor at that time. Turns out it was the right choice as there were clutch probs with the DL back then.

Clutch baskets on the very early ones as I remember!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

Clutch baskets on the very early ones as I remember!

What the fuck do you know about clutch baskets?

Get back in your corner ginge!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Buckster said:

What the fuck do you know about clutch baskets?

Fuck all......but I saw enough people complaining on Strom forums 20 years ago!

• Haha 1