What tools do you really NEED to carry?

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have some old JB weld. How long does it last?

I reckon 5 years , I've only had to use it once but that was in the middle of a French forest and it certainly saved the day .............

France2016209.thumb.JPG.18606a1cf4eb269c993d4b1f0a828ec7.JPG

France2016214.thumb.JPG.6ac56fd8aba29931b387d9cf1437ae75.JPG

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I reckon 5 years , I've only had to use it once but that was in the middle of a French forest and it certainly saved the day .............

France2016209.thumb.JPG.18606a1cf4eb269c993d4b1f0a828ec7.JPG

France2016214.thumb.JPG.6ac56fd8aba29931b387d9cf1437ae75.JPG

Nice 👍 

That is so good it really belongs it what you made making bodged. 

On the hoof repairs are always so cool to see. It’s just satisfying, don’t know why.

Maybe because it requires gumption. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Buckster said:

That's a lady spanner.

In all of the years that I've been long distance riding, I've never needed tools once. Probably around 400,000 miles without issues.

I did have to buy tires in Oregon once, but that's it. Maybe I'm just lucky. But I've always had new-ish bikes and put on new tires before they're required - so that helps.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Earache said:

In all of the years that I've been long distance riding, I've never needed tools once. Probably around 400,000 miles without issues.

I did have to buy tires in Oregon once, but that's it. Maybe I'm just lucky. But I've always had new-ish bikes and put on new tires before they're required - so that helps.

Other than pulling carbs on the DR in sandy conditions I only ever seem to use my tools on other peoples bikes. I did adjust my cruising pegs on my way down to Wales on Sunday but that was just for preference as I had originally set them using my other seat.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Buckster said:

Other than pulling carbs on the DR in sandy conditions I only ever seem to use my tools on other peoples bikes. I did adjust my cruising pegs on my way down to Wales on Sunday but that was just for preference as I had originally set them using my other seat.

you keep your jack under your seat to ?

613041_ts.jpg&ehk=7Tf8XZCCqR7byFAdreJVIr

• Haha 3