YouTube Bike Channels?

Tango

I guess that there's different categories that are covered. 

Bike reviews - varying degrees of reviews of new or old bikes

Bike ownership reviews - longer term reviews of Bike ownership

Bike travels - more travelogue than Bike specific reviews

Biker lifestyle - more about the general lifestyle around biking.

Any others that you can think of?

Bike Reviews:

Missenden Flyer - I quite like some of his reviews, but do get annoyed when he lists subjective opinions in the Pros and Cons. His nighttime videos of the lighting of the bike being reviewed is always preceded by "the GoPro really doesn't show how good these lights are...." 😂😂😂

MotoBob - Not bad, but I've yet to hear him proclaim as bike as a bag of Shite! 😂😂😂

RocketMan - I find his reviews to be a bit more balanced and he will say if he thinks a bike is a bag of Shite! 

Darcy and the Old Man - most bikes are quite good, but not as good as Harleys! Should appeal to @Buckster! 😉😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Do you watch any of them regularly? If so, which ones do you like/dislike?

I watch several, reviews and travelogues. 

I like:

Itchy Boots

Revzilla

Mark Pulling

Mustie1

Freddie Dobbs

Rest Day Rider

Bikers and Beards

I have dipped in and out of several others. 

I do also watch a lot of car channels and some engineering and woodworking ones.  

My Current Favourites are:

Diesel Creak

Tyrrell's Classic Workshop

AvE

Harry's Garage

Vice Grip Garage

Watch Wes Work. 

Sarah N Tuned

Abom79

Hydraulic Press Channel. 

Salvage Rebuilds UK 

My Self Reliance

Only Channel that  annoyed me was:

Saffy Sprocket.  

• Like 1

I think a lot of these people who do reviews are to anal about things … informative if there is a certain thing you want to know , if your interested in a bike best just to test ride one 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tango said:

Bike Reviews:

Missenden Flyer - I quite like some of his reviews, but do get annoyed when he lists subjective opinions in the Pros and Cons. His nighttime videos of the lighting of the bike being reviewed is always preceded by "the GoPro really doesn't show how good these lights are...." 😂😂😂

MotoBob - Not bad, but I've yet to hear him proclaim as bike as a bag of Shite! 😂😂😂

RocketMan - I find his reviews to be a bit more balanced and he will say if he thinks a bike is a bag of Shite! 

Darcy and the Old Man - most bikes are quite good, but not as good as Harleys! Should appeal to @Buckster! 😉😂😂

I watch Missenden Flyer, I found the tale of his Custom Interceptor quite amusing in a cruel way, fool and his money.    Haven't seen MotoBob or RocketMan yet, will have a look. 

Darcy and the Old Man are ok, I find the Old Man a bit up himself but will watch it.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I think a lot of these people who do reviews are to anal about things … informative if there is a certain thing you want to know , if your interested in a bike best just to test ride one 

That's very true, but sometimes you need to narrow the search a bit, rather than test riding everything.

Then there's the issue of, yeah, the bike is ok on a test ride, but is it likely to fall apart after a couple of months. So I quite like then looking at some of the longer term ownership videos, to see how the bike holds up to having a few miles racked up on it.

RocketMan had a BMW FR900 from new for a short while,  but he had several issues with it, which the dealer didn't seem too bothered to sort out, so he got shot of it. So, a test ride may tell you whether the bike suits you immediately, but longer reviews like his can raise possible red flags.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Saul said:

I watch Missenden Flyer, I found the tale of his Custom Interceptor quite amusing in a cruel way, fool and his money.    Haven't seen MotoBob or RocketMan yet, will have a look. 

Darcy and the Old Man are ok, I find the Old Man a bit up himself but will watch it.   

Yeah, Missenden Flyer got a lot of flack over that Interceptor! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I like the Zack and Ari videos, they always put out entertaining content. They're good on their individual things but together they bring out the best in each other.

I also like Neevesy´s talks about bikes.

Moto.it, the Italian Motociclismo, I like that too

Gypsy Tales, a podcast also on youtube, mostly about racers, motocross and road, it's Australian.

ARienman1, also Australian

I hate Itchy Boots, Fortnine, Missenden Flyer, would rather watch commercials, they have this way of sounding super hiped and fakely enthusiastic. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

Then there's the issue of, yeah, the bike is ok on a test ride, but is it likely to fall apart after a couple of months. So I quite like then looking at some of the longer term ownership videos, to see how the bike holds up to having a few miles racked up on it.

Motorrad, the german magazine, used to do long term tests and then open up the bike, inspect everything, and tear the engine completely apart at sometime 100.000km. I saw very few of those magazines but that was properly interesting regardless of if you're interested in that specific bike or not.

Being in German, most of it was lost on me, good thing they took pictures :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, his talks about bikes as well as random stuff are very interesting to me.

I watched his report on the new Honda Transalp 750 from the press launch in Portugal a few days back and agree that it was one of the better reviews. 

1 hour ago, Tango said:

That's very true, but sometimes you need to narrow the search a bit, rather than test riding everything.

RocketMan had a BMW FR900 from new for a short while,  but he had several issues with it, which the dealer didn't seem too bothered to sort out, so he got shot of it. So, a test ride may tell you whether the bike suits you immediately, but longer reviews like his can raise possible red flags.

Fall apart after a couple of months … don’t buy chinese Grasshopper 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I like Allen Millyard's videos on his bike builds. He's a boring bugger, but a fucking brilliant engineer!

He is one clever man

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tango said:

I like Allen Millyard's videos on his bike builds. He's a boring bugger, but a fucking brilliant engineer!

Bugger I forgot about Millie, I love his stuff, the man is a genius 

• Like 3