Your Day Today!

XTreme

NEC Motorcycle Live.....£31 entrance fee on the day 😲......Car parking £17..95p unless you book entrance tickets and car parking online, then it's £12......They know how to rip bikers off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clive said:

NEC Motorcycle Live.....£31 entrance fee on the day 😲......Car parking £17..95p unless you book entrance tickets and car parking online, then it's £12......They know how to rip bikers off.

Their not ripping the real bikers off Clive only the wannabe ones, cos if you go on a bike its free to park :classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Their not ripping the real bikers off Clive only the wannabe ones, cos if you go on a bike its free to park :classic_laugh:

I rode there the last time I went, it was a cold, wet miserable ride there and back.

I much preferred the BMF show at Peterborough.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

£31 to get in is a fucking ripoff!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

£31 to get in is a fucking ripoff!

It is compared to the 1970's yes but most motorcycle rallies here are £30 for the weekend and you don't get an indoor show in fact the Dragon rally next year is £35 for one night

EDIT

sorry the dragon is £30 it is 35 euro's they list the price in euro's as well because a lot attend from Europe  

• Like 3

Never been to a rally, so I had no idea what the cost was...

Like the Newark Autojumble, they called it a show, raised the admission price to £10,  visitor numbers have fallen, so they have dropped the entrance fee, think it's £6 now. 

A few decent stalls there, the rest seemed to be selling rusty old crap, ok if you looking for a (rusty) trunnion flange to fit a 1955 Morris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Never been to a rally, so I had no idea what the cost was...

Like the Newark Autojumble, they called it a show, raised the admission price to £10,  visitor numbers have fallen, so they have dropped the entrance fee, think it's £6 now. 

A few decent stalls there, the rest seemed to be selling rusty old crap, ok if you looking for a (rusty) trunnion flange to fit a 1955 Morris. 

There are cheaper ones Clive which me and the wife look out for but if you go to ones on the scale of the NEC like the Farmyard party or Yorkshire pudding rally it's £35 to £50 they are more like festivals for bikers than bike shows.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There are cheaper ones Clive which me and the wife look out for but if you go to ones on the scale of the NEC like the Farmyard party or Yorkshire pudding rally it's £35 to £50 they are more like festivals for bikers than bike shows.

A bit late in life for me to start going to a rally. 🤔 

There is the Bikers Rock & Blues festival near here, seems expensive, and I don't like Rock or Blues. 😂 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Clive said:

We used to have some great bike shows in the past and i have fond memories of them but all gone now, Motorcycle rally's are different to bike shows now as they don't usually have a bike show anymore or a wet T shirt competition LOL. The show that Pete went to the other week wouldn't be called a rally here. Rally's here usually involve camping, live bands drinking and much merriment of like minded people who ride bikes. I didn't attend many this year and if it's the same next year i may well get rid of the CRF1000 as i have no use for it in fact i think i put it on the road this year to attend one rally with the wife.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

i may well get ride of the CRF1000 as i have no use for it

You don't find it as good an allrounder as the old AT Fred? Or is age catching up.......cos I hear they're very top heavy?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Rally's here usually involve camping, live bands drinking and much merriment of like minded people who ride bikes. 

Not got a tent (dont bloody want one 😂)...hardly drink (lightweight me 🍻) and can't hear the music, so I feel it may be a waste of my time. 😂 

• Haha 5

Just now, XTreme said:

You don't find it as good an allrounder as the old AT Fred? Or is age catching up.......cos I hear they're very top heavy?

No i find it a great bike and remember that every time i ride it, Only three things i could criticize about it is the seat height, the seat itself is a bit uncomfortable and it's a noisy bike as in wind noise. The only reason i would move it on is because i just don't have a use for that type of bike if i'm not going to the motorcycle rally's with the wife or riding any long distances as i get all i need from the trail bikes. The old Africa Twin i have been keeping to do a nut and bolt restore on if i ever retire but that will remain to be seen lol

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The old Africa Twin i have been keeping to do a nut and bolt restore on if i ever retire but that will remain to be seen lol

Another investment bike?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Clive said:

A bit late in life for me to start going to a rally. 🤔 

There is the Bikers Rock & Blues festival near here, seems expensive, and I don't like Rock or Blues. 😂 

sleeping in a leaking soaking wet cold tent freezing your nuts off in a muddy puddle screw that for a game of soldiers not my scene either 👎

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Clive said:

Not got a tent (dont bloody want one 😂)...hardly drink (lightweight me 🍻) and can't hear the music, so I feel it may be a waste of my time. 😂 

yeh fuck that Clive ..  just day indoors mate...

for a change

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Another investment bike?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Not an investment bike just a bike i regretted selling in the 90's so bought another to use and maybe to rebuild in retirement to keep me busy if i cant do anything else or if i was offered a stupid price for it, it would go tomorrow LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, skyrider said:

sleeping in a leaking soaking wet cold tent freezing your nuts off in a muddy puddle screw that not my scene either 👎

As i'm getting older i'm starting to feel the same way but not ready to give it all up just yet.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We used to have some great bike shows in the past and i have fond memories of them but all gone now, Motorcycle rally's are different to bike shows now as they don't usually have a bike show anymore or a wet T shirt competition LOL. The show that Pete went to the other week wouldn't be called a rally here. Rally's here usually involve camping, live bands drinking and much merriment of like minded people who ride bikes. I didn't attend many this year and if it's the same next year i may well get rid of the CRF1000 as i have no use for it in fact i think i put it on the road this year to attend one rally with the wife.

used to go to the palace lido in the iom miss wet t shirt and drink your beer out of 4 pint plastic jugs sadly the place is no more 😩

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yeh fuck that Clive ..  just day indoors mate...

for a change

I go out every day. 👍 

To the bottom of the garden and feed the rodents, 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yeh fuck that Clive ..  just day indoors

Going out tomorrow,  need petrol in the car,  it has been a while since I filled up, it must be 3 weeks at least .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1