Your Day Today!

XTreme

13 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I gave in to my motorcycle seat fetish this week, i now have two seats for every bike i own again LOL, Picked up a seat concepts low comfort seat for the Beta in the week hoping to test ride it tomorrow  
The rad guards i picked up had to go back as they had built them wrong, the front of the guards were upside down he says he will have replacements this Tuesday and post them out to me, that will be the last of the spending on it other than consumables. I've been keeping a record and i have spent £1200 on parts on top of the cost of the bike to get it to where i want it, although there is still the LED headlight, that might be a Christmas present to myself maybe LOL

!cid_9C36618A-BB80-496E-8CC0-043693D7B5FA.thumb.jpg.8b6c102a95279589854a23e376397e0a.jpg

It’s surprising how it mounts up isn’t it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Clive said:

I am hoping for a rerun of last winter.....very little snow.

I want the opposite so I can try riding the little WR in it.

I had to use the donkey last time , February 2019 😳

D1CAA782-9332-411B-ADD1-1680D8150797.thumb.jpeg.c14c22e6bb2cfbc336f3aeb302cd06c0.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I want the opposite so I can try riding the little WR in it.

I had to use the donkey last time , February 2019 😳

D1CAA782-9332-411B-ADD1-1680D8150797.thumb.jpeg.c14c22e6bb2cfbc336f3aeb302cd06c0.jpeg

The scoot and the Dacia are useless in those conditions.. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Nice little frost this morning...didn't check the temp...but it feels like -6 c.

20231105_072424.jpg

I had a Chevy once.....Well not really....it was a rebadged Daewoo... it was crap anyway. 😂 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Clive said:

I had a Chevy once.....Well not really....it was a rebadged Daewoo... it was crap anyway. 😂 

Chevy trucks are pretty well dominant around here...anybody that knows anything...still the easiest truck to work on...it's just still a simple design...you can still swap out the plugs in 15 min flat....some take hours like the Ford wich notoriously breacks the sparkplug in the head....I'm no longer doing them at the shop..waste of time and money.

They all have there little twerks...

Chevys have had some oil pump issues.

Ford are just garbage...Twin turbo car engines basically...most serious repairs the cab of the truck has to be removed...just a awful design...you definitely don't want to keep it after the warranty runs out.

Dodge Rams..a pig on gaz...manifold studs always breaking in the heads...we must do one of at least once a week...and the rust like crazy. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I do like that pickup, what's under the bonnet?

It's a 6.2l naturally aspirated engine ...same engine platform that was used in the corvette a few years ago...it's detune a little of corse...this one has a borla exhaust from factory...pumps out about 430 hp.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Chevy trucks are pretty well dominant around here...anybody that knows anything...still the easiest truck to work on...it's just still a simple design...you can still swap out the plugs in 15 min flat....some take hours like the Ford wich notoriously breacks the sparkplug in the head....I'm no longer doing them at the shop..waste of time and money.

They all have there little twerks...

Chevys have had some oil pump issues.

Ford are just garbage...Twin turbo car engines basically...most serious repairs the cab of the truck has to be removed...just a awful design...you definitely don't want to keep it after the warranty runs out.

Dodge Rams..a pig on gaz...manifold studs always breaking in the heads...we must do one of at least once a week...and the rust like crazy. 

Chevrolet withdrew from the UK market years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well it's still blowing like hell and only 12C so that's me sidelined this weekend!

Clouded over and pissing it down here now 😂 it's not spoilt any plans though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Chevrolet withdrew from the UK market years ago.

I believe these pickup trucks are just to large for big cities and the price of them alone and having them converted to right hand side drive would be ridiculous....think they probably pull out for just lack of sales including there line up of cars.

• Like 2

Just now, Marcel said:

I believe these pickup trucks are just to large for big cities and the price of them alone and having them converted to right hand side drive would be ridiculous....think they probably pull out for just lack of sales including there line up of cars.

They withdrew all their models, never (in this area ) seen a big  Chevrolet pick up on the road, seen many when I delivered to the USAF airbases

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Marcel said:

It's a 6.2l naturally aspirated engine ...same engine platform that was used in the corvette a few years ago...it's detune a little of corse...this one has a borla exhaust from factory...pumps out about 430 hp.

Not a bad output, bet its juicy as all he'll though, 3l v6 diesel is more than juicy enough over here with the current fuel prices 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

Not a bad output, bet its juicy as all he'll though, 3l v6 diesel is more than juicy enough over here with the current fuel prices 

It's actually not has bad has you think...around town the averages 9.1 l per 100km...highway at 120kph average it averages 13l per 100km....it's got this cylinders deactivation tec...it shutdown cylinders has needed...few years ago chevy would go from eight to four cylinders depending on engine load but it was annoying has hell..you could feel it when it was switching ...this is a new design...it can run on two cylinders and you can't feel a thing...even the sound of the engine is muted somehow though some fancy exaust work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Afternoon at Leeds castle , big fire work display in a bit 

IMG_1012.jpeg

IMG_1011.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

That's a great location.  We saw Pavarotti there in 2004 , it was a pretty magical backdrop.

• Like 2

Had a couple of hours out on the bike this morning, stayed local and made the most of the fabulous roads along the coast and up and over the mountains. Having made a few tweeks to the bike for my trip I thought I’d better check it was okay…….no dramas. 🤣👍

IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3729.jpeg

IMG_3728.jpeg

IMG_3727.jpeg

IMG_3725.jpeg

IMG_3730.jpeg

• Like 6