Your Day Today!

XTreme

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Early start today cos I had to be at the Health Centre at 8AM to have my blood taken.

Then over to feed the horses, and back to the Health Centre by 9AM for an ECG.

Those tests are now done so the next step is the Preparatory appointment in Baza Hospital on Thursday at 9AM.

What's doing in the preparatory appointment then 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Early start today cos I had to be at the Health Centre at 8AM to have my blood taken.

Those tests are now done so the next step is the Preparatory appointment in Baza Hospital on Thursday at 9AM.

Your blood tests and ECG are an hour apart? That’d would trigger a complaint in the NHS 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

My eldest grandson used to use me as a crash test dummy for WWE Wrestling moves!

She hardly sits for longer than 10 mins, always on the go, playing skittles now,  I am the person who has to keep standing them up again, again, again. 

Get Ready Pain GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Good luck, Pete. 

I had to have the blood tests and ECG before my operation earlier this year. The preparatory appointment was just with the anaesthetist to run through the results of the tests and ask a few more questions around dentures or crowns and checking what medication I was on and medical history of my immediate family.  One thing that they didn't do here was take any swabs to check for MRSA, which they did in the UK when I had a general anaesthetic there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

One thing that they didn't do here was take any swabs to check for MRSA, which they did in the UK

I don't think they have a problem with MRSA over here Bob.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Tis global Pete. Spain sits between the UK and France for resistant staph with the US top of the charts. Although theres not a huge amount in it numbers wise.

But I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if it caused you a problem they’re much better at recognising and treating it now, there are still antibiotics that work, they’re just the ones that fell out of favour for causing GI upsets. 

• Like 2

Decided that now I’m 50 I’d let my grey hair grow and embrace it. Well turns out I’m still only grey in a strip down the centre of my head. 

I look like I’d be a good fit for someone.. 😆

looney tunes kisses GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Edit- I’m 51 not 50, it’s ok to start forgetting that stuff now right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Decided that now I’m 50 I’d let my grey hair grow and embrace it. Well turns out I’m still only grey in a strip down the centre of my head. 

My wife had a Mallen Streak from the age of 23, it slowly spread over her head, some of her hair now is grey, some is white, and some is honey blonde with a vèy small amount of black.....our daughter is going the same route too, much to her annoyance.  😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Clive said:

My wife had a Mallen Streak from the age of 23, it slowly spread over her head, some of her hair now is grey, some is white, and some is honey blonde with a vèy small amount of black.....our daughter is going the same route too, much to her annoyance.  😂 

Mine started early 30's in the front......eventually I ended up looking like a skunk! So that's why I started colouring my hair in my 40's.

The grey wouldn't have bothered me so much if it had grown throughout......but it was all going on the stripe.

By my early 50's the rest of my head had mostly caught up so no more colourant.

• Like 3

We went through the rigmarole of buying TV and wall mounting bracket for the bedroom, it came with 4 wralplugs and 4 screws, and 4 screws that fitted it to the tv ......we have had it on twice in 3 years. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You're right, the patient usually doesn't survive long enough for it to become an issue. 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Mine started early 30's in the front......eventually I ended up looking like a skunk! So that's why I started colouring my hair in my 40's.

The grey wouldn't have bothered me so much if it had grown throughout......but it was all going on the stripe.

By my early 50's the rest of my head had mostly caught up so no more colourant.

Good to know I’m not going to be locked into the world of skunk forever 😆

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tango said:

Good luck, Pete. 

I had to have the blood tests and ECG before my operation earlier this year. The preparatory appointment was just with the anaesthetist to run through the results of the tests and ask a few more questions around dentures or crowns and checking what medication I was on and medical history of my immediate family.  One thing that they didn't do here was take any swabs to check for MRSA, which they did in the UK when I had a general anaesthetic there.

I sure hope there isn't any Honda riders in the operating room....there might be some un-essary anal probing going on....

cannoli GIF

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think a pic is needed of your strip

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Too late it’s gone, I wrote the post and immediately set about eradicating the animal living on my head! 😂

Well that was the worst thing you could have done, we all wanted a laugh before you did that

• Haha 2