Your Day Today!

XTreme

So I want to know... who's best on price for insurance.... my renewal has gone from £596 last year to £1321 this year and fuck all has changed apart from going from 2 to 3 years no claims....

Am I fuck paying that much for insurance 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, busabeast said:

So I want to know... who's best on price for insurance.... my renewal has gone from £596 last year to £1321 this year and fuck all has changed apart from going from 2 to 3 years no claims....

Well the greedy fucks just shout "cost of living crisis" and put your price up. That seems to be how it works.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, busabeast said:

That's the cost of owning a missile, you need a nice CB500x you do 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

just trying to sort multi policy on mrs car and my van... its a joke , robbing bastards

did enquire about putting mrs on my trade policy then putting van and her car on that , worked out no cheaper really , plus if any thing happened they would only value them at trade money

• Like 4

Just now, Clive said:

Being a old twat helps too......

Yes that's the one good thing I've found about getting old. But something else i have noticed is i'm paying the same for insurance on cars and bikes as i was when i was in my 20's back then it was extortionate not so much now 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

just trying to sort multi policy on mrs car and my van... its a joke , robbing bastards

did enquire about putting mrs on my trade policy then putting van and her car on that , worked out no cheaper really , plus if any thing happened they would only value them at trade money

Me and the wife had a combined policy on the cars for years until last year, the insurance company told us it would be cheaper to separate them out i think it was because mine is an import 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Being old is good for insurance up to a point but crime rates in the area your living have a massive impact on the price. 

so you know live in a crime ridden area @Clive full of  Wapist and wobbers

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Can’t you get a discount because you don’t ride it?

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

You think someone around here is squealing that you had it tuned?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Put it through the business and keep your personal income as high as you can but under the awful tax thresholds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Being old is good for insurance up to a point but crime rates in the area your living have a massive impact on the price. 

My car is fitted with a anti theft device on the front and back

Dacia GIF by Autohaus Tabor

No self respecting crim would be seen dead in it! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Clive said:

My car is fitted with a anti theft device on the front and back

Dacia GIF by Autohaus Tabor

No self respecting crim would be seen dead in it! 😂 

I thought that about the Enfield but apparently they'll steal anything to rag it about then burn it lol

My lovely mechanic had his broken down bike stolen. He reported it to the popo. They rang him two days later to say it was on the side of the road.

He went to collect it, it had a full tank of fuel and was working... he'd left it practically empty and couldn't get the bugger going :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I thought that about the Enfield but apparently they'll steal anything to rag it about then burn it lol

My lovely mechanic had his broken down bike stolen. He reported it to the popo. They rang him two days later to say it was on the side of the road.

He went to collect it, it had a full tank of fuel and was working... he'd left it practically empty and couldn't get the bugger going :classic_laugh:

I suppose some of the old Skoda jokes could be applied to Dacia nowdays, now that Skoda have moved slightly upmarket. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Clive said:

I suppose some of the old Skoda jokes could be applied to Dacia nowdays, now that Skoda have moved slightly upmarket. 

Haven't they just?!! 

But tbh the lada considering the price tag was a nice enough engine back then too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Haven't they just?!! 

But tbh the lada considering the price tag was a nice enough engine back then too.

If memory serves me right I think the only car my dad in law did not own (while i knew him) was a Lada.

Citroen DS19.....Moskovich.....FSO Polonez.....Skoda Estelle x2..... and f@@king Yugo, none of them lasted very long, in his last driving years he drove a Maestro.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

If memory serves me right I think the only car my dad in law did not own (while i knew him) was a Lada.

Citroen DS19.....Moskovich.....FSO Polonez.....Skoda Estelle x2..... and f@@king Yugo, none of them lasted very long, in his last driving years he drove a Maestro.

What an awesome B-list of cars!

Prolly all collectors pieces now 😁

I'm thinking about getting an old mini. But feck have you seen the price of them?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What an awesome B-list of cars!

Prolly all collectors pieces now 😁

I'm thinking about getting an old mini. But feck have you seen the price of them?!

3 of them were only fit for the scrap yard while he owned them.... Original Mini, a iconic car, but now astronomical prices.

I think you need a trip to Mathewsons Classic Car auction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

3 of them were only fit for the scrap yard while he owned them.... Original Mini, a iconic car, but now astronomical prices.

I think you need a trip to Mathewsons Classic Car auction.

Thing is I was forced to get rid of my beloved 21st birthday mini in rather awful circumstances (my mother in law decided I must sell it) to then only to have to look at it being rallied around the fields where I live by children with no feckin licence and treated like shit before they totally trashed it. Loved that car, haven't recovered from it's demise!

Apparently now I need 15k for a half decent one?!! WTAF!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well the greedy fucks just shout "cost of living crisis" and put your price up. That seems to be how it works.

They can get to fuck if that's going to work with me, I'll be ringing them today to tell them they halve it or I'm not using them and I'll go elsewhere 

• Like 2