Your Day Today!

XTreme

26 minutes ago, Clive said:

My daughters home is all electric....no mains gas......she is putting in over £10 per day in this cold weather......the storage heater are as old as the house, so I doubt they are very efficient. 

And yet costs have plummeted to pre-Ukraine War levels!

For everybody except Britain of course!

• Like 2

Had to go to the laboratory we use this morning to get some blood tests done in readiness for the visit to the anaesthetist on Friday.  Got in there just before 8am. Got the results, apart from the urine cultures, just before lunchtime.  Interesting that my Hep B antibodies are still pretty good, considering it's been a good few years since my Hep B jab! Everything else is looking good so far. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And yet costs have plummeted to pre-Ukraine War levels!

For everybody except Britain of course!

TBF, prices haven't come down here either, but they didn't go up as much as they did in the UK in the first place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

TBF, prices haven't come down here either, but they didn't go up as much as they did in the UK in the first place.

I think they capped it at the outset though Bob!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think they capped it at the outset though Bob!

Whole sale gas prices have come down 70% but our bills won’t … dam these conservatives…. Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage for PM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Note to self. never ask this woman for recommendations re. cooking appliances,. As she obviously buys the cheapest crap she can find!!!  🤣

or is the type that never reads the instructions.

or both.

Most people would consider a £2800 Rangemaster a decent appliance. Chefs all choose gas because it is quite simply better so you mate can feck right off!

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Most people would consider a £2800 Rangemaster a decent appliance. Chefs all choose gas because it is quite simply better so you mate can feck right off!

Wasn't made in India was it? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'm not most people.. I have a certain modicum of taste as well as enough style not to bring up the value of something that I buy as if that's somehow impressive. Chefs don't use gas for any other reason than everything they do is done with a budget in mind. in other words as cheaply as possible.

Also France would probably collapse in upon itself if its Michelin chefs were forced to give up their fetish for copper pans. And where France leads.. the sheep follow.

so ner.

Gas is so last century.

I bet you slave over a twin tub and pine for the good old days when washers were proper like and had a built in Mangle.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

I'm not most people.. I have a certain modicum of taste as well as enough style not to bring up the value of something that I buy as if that's somehow impressive. Chefs don't use gas for any other reason than everything they do is done with a budget in mind. in other words as cheaply as possible.

so ner.

Gas is so last century.

Calling someone else cheap is well… cheap.

I don’t suffer the old fashioned oddness of being funny about money, I simply corrected your bollocks about me buying cheap crap and/or not reading instructions. 

Chefs use it because it’s instant and easier to control than other heat sources and is more versatile regarding what you can use to cook on it so you’re wrong about that too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Calling someone else cheap is well… cheap.

I don’t suffer the old fashioned oddness of being funny about money, I simply corrected your bollocks about me buying cheap crap and/or not reading instructions. 

Chefs use it because it’s instant and easier to control than other heat sources and is more versatile regarding what you can use to cook on it so you’re wrong about that too.

Nope. They use it because they're neanderthals.

gas is not instant.. and not as controllable as induction. 

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Can’t decide whether you’ve been down the bottle or you really need to.

Actually no. I've been down to Cotswold to stock up on fuel for my next little excursion. And Ive come home to the glad tidings that an item that was delivered today. has been despatched again. so.. Im about to be overrun by dual fuel stoves.  Oh frabjous day.

I feel a theme coming on.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Actually no. I've been down to Cotswold to stock up on fuel for my next little excursion. And Ive come home to the glad tidings that an item that was delivered today. has been despatched again. so.. Im about to be overrun by dual fuel stoves.  Oh frabjous day.

Good luck getting the bastid things connected. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Good luck getting the bastid things connected. 

Connected?

Its sat on my counter in the kitchen having been tested by making a pot of espresso.  It arrived. I needed fuel to fill it, so went to Cotswold for that.

came home. and as I was drinking said espresso. (actually a Caffè Americano) An email arrived to tell me that the cooker I just used has been despatched and here is the tracking number.

why have one when you can have two? or maybe its buy one get one free. who knows?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You need to get over your weird biases. India is not China, totally different mindset.

Let me consult my associate @Six30 for his opinion on the engineering expertise of Indians?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Let me consult my associate @Six30 for his opinion on the engineering expertise of Indians?

It’s a world leader in vaccines. Contributes more to the United Nations peace keeping forces than any other country (apart from the US) and is poised to become an IT superpower. Its science and technology departments are right up with some of the best to the extent they’re about to enter into space missions. 

They are the worlds second largest food producer.

Unlike a lot of countries they have a very young population which increases productivity and has obvious economic benefits.

Whatever their image of old is that’s not who they are. Colonialism died a very very long time ago and they been moving forward fast.

They even reckon India could become a world superpower, their economy is growing fast, it has overtaken the UK and become the 5th largest economy.  

And English is a common second language with  over 150 million people fluent, second only to the United States! So they have no barrier to global trade due to language barriers.

• Like 5