Short Local Bimble

Saul

I had a couple of hours to spare this morning so I thought I would pop along to my closest to look at the pretty things.  Got chatting to chap who was having his bike serviced there who wanted to know about the Himalayan as he has a new RE Classic 350 bought from the same dealer as me.   I had a good long look at what I couldn't afford, wished Thor had a coffee shop then came home.  I would like to have gone further but still feeling a bit ropey from the Covid jab yesterday.  Nevermind was a good day for a Bimble in the sunshine.  IMG_7835.thumb.jpg.4d27ed8dffe23dcf14c8bdd8ab6e74a8.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7833.jpg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

I had a couple of hours to spare this morning so I thought I would pop along to my closest to look at the pretty things.  Got chatting to chap who was having his bike serviced there who wanted to know about the Himalayan as he has a new RE Classic 350 bought from the same dealer as me.   I had a good long look at what I couldn't afford, wished Thor had a coffee shop then came home.  I would like to have gone further but still feeling a bit ropey from the Covid jab yesterday.  Nevermind was a good day for a Bimble in the sunshine.  IMG_7835.thumb.jpg.4d27ed8dffe23dcf14c8bdd8ab6e74a8.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7833.jpg

Unusual selection of makes! And they pack those bikes in tight there don't they?

• Like 1

Yeah they do pack them in pretty tight, similar thing up at North Cornwall Motorcycles to.  I would hate to see the results if one of those Indians went over, must have been 30 of them in the showroom.  Very expensive set of dominoes.  I have often wondered about their dealership as they all sorts there.  They have a real good selection of Helmets and clothing as well as bikes.  Good shop with a good reputation though.  I seem to remember when they opened they were just Norton and Indian.  Just classic Nortons in the showroom now. I was very tempted by a Benelli 400 Imperale before I got the Himalayan, but ultimately went with what I thought would be more rugged and reliable for everyday use and commuting.   From memory I think they are dealers for Indian, Fantic, Morini, Benelli, Beta, Reijue (sp), CF Moto, Zontes, Mutt and Mash.  

• Like 3

Can’t see the point of displaying bikes if people looking around can’t just have a sit by themselves with no effort.

Also, it surprises me how most dealers, here too, don’t have coffee or a cold drink to invite people in. Seems such a lost opportunity to create a nice feeling of community amongst their clients!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Can’t see the point of displaying bikes if people looking around can’t just have a sit by themselves with no effort.

Also, it surprises me how most dealers, here too, don’t have coffee or a cold drink to invite people in. Seems such a lost opportunity to create a nice feeling of community amongst their clients!

Chesterfield Motorcycle (CMC)....have coffee machines (2) around the showroom, and also a cafe that serves breakfast and other meals, outside there is a burger bar, and ample seating, I go there occasionally, and at the weekend it gets rammed full,  but i would not buy anything from them bike wise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Chesterfield Motorcycle (CMC)....have coffee machines (2) around the showroom, and also a cafe that serves breakfast and other meals, outside there is a burger bar, and ample seating, I go there occasionally, and at the weekend it gets rammed full,  but i would not buy anything from them bike wise.

why too dear  ?

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

why too dear  ?

Yes some do seem overpriced, 

My buddy bought a 6 month old Yamah T Max 560 from them, the advert lured him......Lifetime Guarantee on bikes bought from CMC.........until his scoot developed a fault .......then their Lifetime Guarantee did not apply to scooters!.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Yeah they do pack them in pretty tight, similar thing up at North Cornwall Motorcycles to.  I would hate to see the results if one of those Indians went over, must have been 30 of them in the showroom.  Very expensive set of dominoes.  I have often wondered about their dealership as they all sorts there.  They have a real good selection of Helmets and clothing as well as bikes.  Good shop with a good reputation though.  I seem to remember when they opened they were just Norton and Indian.  Just classic Nortons in the showroom now. I was very tempted by a Benelli 400 Imperale before I got the Himalayan, but ultimately went with what I thought would be more rugged and reliable for everyday use and commuting.   From memory I think they are dealers for Indian, Fantic, Morini, Benelli, Beta, Reijue (sp), CF Moto, Zontes, Mutt and Mash.  

First time I've actually seen a Mash in a showroom.

• Like 2

I did buy my 2001 Yamaha T Max from CMC, bought on finance, after a week or so I received a letter asking for my bank detail to complete the GAP insurance and tyre insurance.....something I never asked for or wanted, and they had just added it to my finance agreement without telling me, caused no end of problems.👿

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Clive said:

I did buy my 2001 Yamaha T Max from CMC, bought on finance, after a week or so I received a letter asking for my bank detail to complete the GAP insurance and tyre insurance.....something I never asked for or wanted, and they had just added it to my finance agreement without telling me, caused no end of problems.👿

Where the sales team get there back handers

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

First time I've actually seen a Mash in a showroom.

It's the first time I have seen a Mash in the flesh, looked bloody smart to me.  I have read about poor quality cycle parts on them though, weather that is still relevant I don't know.   I went up there today as they are going to be selling the new BSA Goldstar and wondered if they had one on show to look at, but they aren't getting them until November the 1st.  Had a good look at some Shoei helmets and they looked stunning.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Supermarket dealers!

Remember Carnells and Motorcycle City? Another fucking high pressure outfit!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Supermarket dealers!

Remember Carnells and Motorcycle City? Another fucking high pressure outfit!

There was a Carnells near us, only ever went in once.......they seemed to be car salesmen draughted in to sell bikes, not a clue about what they were selling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Thor is the only one local that doesn't have a cafe attached or on site here.  Dameralls where my bike came from have a great burger bar attached and it is always busy.    Makes the Dealership more of a ride destination if you can chill and have a drink or whatever.   

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

Thor is the only one local that doesn't have a cafe attached or on site here.  Dameralls where my bike came from have a great burger bar attached and it is always busy.    Makes the Dealership more of a ride destination if you can chill and have a drink or whatever.   

Damerell's have been going for years.......they were one of the major parts distributors for Yamaha back in the 70's as I recall.

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Damerell's have been going for years.......they were one of the major parts distributors for Yamaha back in the 70's as I recall.

Yes Dameralls has been going for years.  They used to be at Whitemoor but have moved to a bigger place out near Indian Queens now.  I'll. take some pics next time I am there, it's a cool place.    Always been a bit spendy there but you can get some good deals if you are prepared to wait.    I do like that I get 10% discount on everything because I bought a bike there.    They always have really good selection of bikes in their huge showroom.    One little moan is that their workshop is always overbooked so it's never quick to get your bike in.  

• Like 1

On 13/10/2022 at 20:49, Saul said:

It's the first time I have seen a Mash in the flesh, looked bloody smart to me.  I have read about poor quality cycle parts on them though, weather that is still relevant I don't know.   I went up there today as they are going to be selling the new BSA Goldstar and wondered if they had one on show to look at, but they aren't getting them until November the 1st.  Had a good look at some Shoei helmets and they looked stunning.  

I think they might be being a bit optimistic on the 1st Nov. Mahindra were not happy with the quality of some of the manufactured parts and don’t want to release shoddy bikes so it’s all delayed. Fair enough, Royal Enfield damaged their reputation by doing just that.
BSA are refusing to state a date and each month say it’s sometime next month. 
Hope it is the 1st though!